$1,025 - $2,250 per month:

https://www.priceedwards.com/oklahom...eady-buildings

Default Re: Make Ready

A before-and-after; great infill project:

Wow...that is amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's actually not too bad for a commercial space. But it would all come down to what kind of business you're running.

Have there been any tenants either announced or that it is thought they will be moving here?

Blog Entries

The first half already has tenants. When I've walked by I've seen company names in windows and on signs, but don't remember them.

New sign:

I have to say this is a very nice project. Sounds like it can appeal to smaller tenants (start-ups). Hopefully this project will be a success and spur other similar infill projects in this area!

Yesterday there were some tents/vendors setting up shop outside of Make Ready so my girlfriend and I stopped in for a bit. It was really nice to see a good amount of people there sifting through stuff. My girlfriend bought a cute little bison sticker for her car. I’d recommend people check it out!

The Midtown Renaissance group is preparing to expand this project to the south and east, with 4 new buildings. All will have the same sort of micro-retail space on the ground floor as in the first phase, and 2 will have apartments above.

\

Wow, this project is going to completely transform what was a pretty sad urban block just 3 years ago.

see if there are any fellow geezers with a good memory can help me here-I know Bolen Oldsmobile was at 12th and Robinson. I can't remember if the service department was on the NW corner or the SW corner? I also recall the "last house in Midtown", which was moved to somewhere around NW 19th and Lee(?) was either in the lot that is going to be Building 4, or the existing parking lot just north of there?

This expansion is fantastic, though as a living space I am dissapointed to not see any greenspace incorporated into the plan. It seems like there is a great opportunity for place making here that is being neglected in favor of front facing parking. This project could easily take form similar to Magnolia Market in Waco, but instead there is a lot of area still being reserved for parking, which Midtown has no shortage of as-is.

Work has started on the apartments and live/work units:

I have OCD, and this block looks like a maze to me :-(.

Moving fast:

When you sit back and think about all the construction projects small and large (including freeways) that are currently happening in OKC is astonishing!

We're watching a city enter into it's mid-league status. Not quite like the townships of your Dallas', Atlantas, NYC, LA, Boston, Philly, Austin, but that "flyover state" status is getting lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    When you sit back and think about all the construction projects small and large (including freeways) that are currently happening in OKC is astonishing!
    Truly! And yet, when you look at aerial views of the city, there are still so many big open gaps and holes waiting to be filled in. It's crazy how much damage urban renewal and white flight did to this city. It's as if entire blocks were bombed.

MAPS is in its fourth iteration, and we still see so many undeveloped lots in the urban core. OKC needed some kind of Marshal Plan after Urban Renewal.

Remember, the huge gaps just now being partially filled in Midtown have zero to do with urban renewal. It was just neglect, plain and simple.

A sprawling city like OKC is never going to have a uniform density. A more realistic goal and one that has been happening is that we have areas that are getting much denser with lots of things to see and do. That's a huge step forward as compared to just a few decades ago.

^^^

Yes, and the city is doing an admirable job of it. To your point, simply filling in and connecting the more urban fabric would be huge. If you consider the breadth of 23rd St, east and west, as a bit of a northern boundary, and 29th ST as a southern boundary, with Penn a western boundary—that would be a large city in itself. And then you would have pockets of density outside of that core throughout the city.

Thread Information