Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Industry OKC

Farmers Market Industry OKC

Lackmeyer reporting new $50M mixed-used development SW of downtown called Industry OKC, right off the OKC Boulevard (has nothing to do with Strawberry Fields):

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...g/70321744007/

Default Re: Industry OKC

I’m familiar with Q Factor and InDUSTRY in Denver. Pairing up with Pivot this should be a successful project.

Neat!

This block is directly south of the Lively Brewery (purple building):

Blog Entries

If. This doesn’t kick-start Strawberry Fields nothing will

The 0.75 mile walk down SW 3rd st from Scissortail park to the farmers market has a bright future as a pedestrian corridor. With most EW car traffic taking the boulevard, I hope to see 3rd st get class A bike/ped treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If. This doesn’t kick-start Strawberry Fields nothing will
    The red arrow shows those few small buildings that SF has applied to renovate and has been marketing for pre-lease.

They've had plans drawn for years and to date absolutely nothing has happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwo View Post
    The 0.75 mile walk down SW 3rd st from Scissortail park to the farmers market has a bright future as a pedestrian corridor. With most EW car traffic taking the boulevard, I hope to see 3rd st get class A bike/ped treatment.
    Not to mention that Classen south of reno is unnecessarily wide. It could be narrowed down to form a cool public street scape or more than likely for angle parking

I hate to ask this, I really do.... I hate it... the article in the oklahoman states it will be a mix of community-style offices, restaurants and apartments. If it is was like the Sunshine building, I wouldn't ask this, but here we go:

Where are people going to park if there are apartments, offices, etc? I know, I know, they can walk, but I assume there is a plan for parking and it hasn't been released yet...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I hate to ask this, I really do.... I hate it... the article in the oklahoman states it will be a mix of community-style offices, restaurants and apartments. If it is was like the Sunshine building, I wouldn't ask this, but here we go:

Where are people going to park if there are apartments, offices, etc? I know, I know, they can walk, but I assume there is a plan for parking and it hasn't been released yet...

I know we all like to joke about parking meltdowns, but this is a very valid question, haha

Quote Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    I know we all like to joke about parking meltdowns, but this is a very valid question, haha
    Yeah, I went into it as a person I hate b!tching about parking at a place like the Truckyard or the Dream hotel development...

The plan is to convert the southern half of the block into office and related space; parking is planned to be off-site.

The north half will be developed separately, and they hope to include retail, restaurants, and apartments but that is all conceptual at this point.

The property owner will be a major shareholder in the project. The Oklahoman article mentions a $8.5 million TIF ask, and I believe that is only for the first phase (southern half of the block).

Is it just me or does $50M seem a bit much for this?

I am happy to see this development and this developer.

Thanks for posting the development plans, Pete. This looks like a home run to me. From the pictures and renderings they've included, thankfully it looks like they intend to reuse the existing structures on the southern half of the property. Looks like they're adding a second story to the west building, modifying the center building, then building a new addition with an entryway and lobby to the east of that on the open land. It'll be quite the overhaul for the area, and bring two long-vacant buildings back into active use. I'm excited to see this get built!

Blog Entries

Aren’t some of those buildings, picture #1, maintenance buildings for the old OKC trolleys?

Beautiful renderings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The plan is to convert the southern half of the block into office and related space; parking is planned to be off-site.

The north half will be developed separately, and they hope to include retail, restaurants, and apartments but that is all conceptual at this point.

The property owner will be a major shareholder in the project. The Oklahoman article mentions a $8.5 million TIF ask, and I believe that is only for the first phase (southern half of the block).

I am really confused on this so maybe I am reading it wrong or I am an idiot (feel free to tell me if I am, I hear it all the time

It looks like the OKC Founders is 10% owner and Pivot is about 1/3 of that (all things being equal) with the Investors being 69% owner of OKC Block QOZB. I feel like it is usually the other way around where the developers are the majority and the investors are the minority.

Is the Pivot Project essentially a developer for fee in this one?

Plus a small equity stake.

I am really confused on this so maybe I am reading it wrong or I am an idiot (feel free to tell me if I am, I hear it all the time

It looks like the OKC Founders is 10% owner and Pivot is about 1/3 of that (all things being equal) with the Investors being 69% owner of OKC Block QOZB. I feel like it is usually the other way around where the developers are the majority and the investors are the minority.

i found this article about "co-GP" deals

https://www.wealthmanagement.com/inv...estment-market

FYI this is modeled off the Post District, a developing mixed-use district in Salt Lake City

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    FYI this is modeled off the Post District, a developing mixed-use district in Salt Lake City
    all of the Industry locations look similar ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i found this article about "co-GP" deals

https://www.wealthmanagement.com/inv...estment-market
    Interesting. Thanks.

No one really brought it up when this was posted but I felt like I needed to get clarification.

Thread Information