Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MAPS 4 Stadium

Blog Entries

Default Re: MAPS 4 Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Stadium costs have skyrocketed much more than inflation. Jerry Jones built for a little over 1 billion. They couldn't touch that in todays world. Prob well over 2 billion. Even 20k seat arenas costing up around the billion mark today. Sure you could build bare bones on the cheaper end and then end up needing upgrade after upgrade down the road. You gotta pay to play in the stadium game. They are not cheap. And they are not used as an everyday money maker. The stadium that's being built in Vegas is going to come in around 1.8-2 billion and that doesn't account for the land. If they are talking about building a 20k seat stadium here for 100 mil. that is gonna be a cheap bare bones type of deal IMO. And if you are going to build downtown OKC I would hope that would be something special.
    Well beat me, beat me and call me 'CHEAP!'

Blog Entries

If you're wanting to build something like $1.3 billion AT&T Stadium in Arlington among the few privately owned stadiums where you're charged $20 - $60 to park; and $9 for Nachos, $10 for Popcorn, $6 for a Pretzel that resembles something you almost stepped in en route to the stadium; it's not going to happen in OKC.

Build a venue more in line cost wise like McLane Stadium in Waco, it would be appreciated. We're building a stadium; not a Roman Corinthian style Cathedral.

Stadium costs have skyrocketed much more than inflation. Jerry Jones built for a little over 1 billion. They couldn't touch that in todays world. Prob well over 2 billion. Even 20k seat arenas costing up around the billion mark today. Sure you could build bare bones on the cheaper end and then end up needing upgrade after upgrade down the road. You gotta pay to play in the stadium game. They are not cheap. And they are not used as an everyday money maker. The stadium that's being built in Vegas is going to come in around 1.8-2 billion and that doesn't account for the land. If they are talking about building a 20k seat stadium here for 100 mil. that is gonna be a cheap bare bones type of deal IMO. And if you are going to build downtown OKC I would hope that would be something special.
    Ok you’re gonna have to cite some sources.

20k arenas don’t cost a billion. The only one that did is the Barclays center but that’s in New York and land is a massive factor.

The kings new arena was 588 but once again that’s an arena with suites, and the need to transform for show, and a roof. Not an open air soccer multi use stadium.

The “one” in Vegas is a ridiculous comparison first which one? T- mobile or the raiders stadium. Raiders stadium is a asinine comparison and T mobile is an arena a block away from the strip and it still only cost $375.

Quit with the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Ok you’re gonna have to cite some sources.

20k arenas don’t cost a billion. The only one that did is the Barclays center but that’s in New York and land is a massive factor.

The kings new arena was 588 but once again that’s an arena with suites, and the need to transform for show, and a roof. Not an open air soccer multi use stadium.

The “one” in Vegas is a ridiculous comparison first which one? T- mobile or the raiders stadium. Raiders stadium is a asinine comparison and T mobile is an arena a block away from the strip and it still only cost $375.

Quit with the hyperbole.
    The new arena ( not stadium) for the Golden State Warriors is 1 billion.

Here's the latest MLS soccer stadiums and the one in Minny is now expected well over 200 mil.. BTW we were talking about building a stadium with 40k capacity for soccer and potential football...https://www.bisnow.com/national/news...he-works-85969

The new arena ( not stadium) for the Golden State Warriors is 1 billion.

Here's the latest MLS soccer stadiums and the one in Minny is now expected well over 200 mil.. BTW we were talking about building a stadium with 40k capacity for soccer and potential football...https://www.bisnow.com/national/news...he-works-85969
    Like Gopokes stated, I would think the Warriors paid a lot for that land. Also, it is going to be equipped with half a million sf of office space and restaurant and retail space.

6. Default Re: MAPS 4 Stadium

and one of the most expensive cities in the world, let alone the US.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Like Gopokes stated, I would think the Warriors paid a lot for that land. Also, it is going to be equipped with half a million sf of office space and restaurant and retail space.
    Not to mention a roof, HVAC, much more significant utilities and waste management infrastructure, the list goes on and on....... I'm far from an engineer or architect, but I have to imagine the two aren't really comparable other than the fact that sports will be played in both.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    They literally had to fill in part of the bay to make land for it. Kinda a slightly more complicated engineering task.

Ok, the comparrison with SF has been dismissed. What about the 200M price tag for the soccer specific Minny stadium? Is that comparrison not relevant?

It appears that 200 mil. will get you a pretty good 20k seat soccer stadium. If you want to go 40k or higher for potential football like some were talking about then start adding on to that.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    They literally had to fill in part of the bay to make land for it. Kinda a slightly more complicated engineering task.
    I thought they didn't have to do that at the site they moved to after deciding not to do it on the pier. Most of that neighborhood sits on landfill, but I thought it was already there at the location they settled on. I could be wrong though.

Either way, I doubt it was easy and I'm sure it needed quite a bit of piering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Ok, the comparrison with SF has been dismissed. What about the 200M price tag for the soccer specific Minny stadium? Is that comparrison not relevant?
    I don’t think it’s a bad comparison but it seems like OKC wants to do 10K and expand to 20-30k later if necessary. Call it eventually 200M but 100M for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I thought they didn't have to do that at the site they moved to after deciding not to do it on the pier. Most of that neighborhood sits on landfill, but I thought it was already there at the location they settled on. I could be wrong though.

Either way, I doubt it was easy and I'm sure it needed quite a bit of piering.
    My mistake you are correct. They moved after opposition.

If we want to drop 200M on something as nice as Allianz field sign me up. Have you guys actually looked at it? It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    If we want to drop 200M on something as nice as Allianz field sign me up. Have you guys actually looked at it? It's amazing.
    Yes Please! That is beautiful.

What do you bet 15 years from now Holt is running from some MAJOR office, he will be speaking about the horrors of the publicly funded stadium game? I ask this because that is what he's doing now with so much he "advocates" for/against. We all know it is wrong, and not good for the country and a majority of it's inhabitants....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    What do you bet 15 years from now Holt is running from some MAJOR office, he will be speaking about the horrors of the publicly funded stadium game? I ask this because that is what he's doing now with so much he "advocates" for/against. We all know it is wrong, and not good for the country and a majority of it's inhabitants....
    What kind of major office would he be running from? I'm picturing a long shot, down a hallway, the man comes running around a corner, his momentum slamming him into the wall. He almost loses his footing, but a hand on the ground stabilizes him, and he continues running towards the camera, as angry sentient filing cabinets and desktop phones and a copying machine wheel into frame in pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    we all don't know that ..... and for the record what is mostly wrong with cities funding stadiums is the LONG TERM DEBT something that OKC doesn't have because of MAPS

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    What kind of major office would he be running from? I'm picturing a long shot, down a hallway, the man comes running around a corner, his momentum slamming him into the wall. He almost loses his footing, but a hand on the ground stabilizes him, and he continues running towards the camera, as angry sentient filing cabinets and desktop phones and a copying machine wheel into frame in pursuit.
    ACTUAL CANNIBAL SHIA LABEOUF

https://youtu.be/o0u4M6vppCI

Pro sports teams never "guarantee" that they will come to a city, and certainly not unless the city already has a stadium to fits the league's specifications. There's always a gamble involved with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    we all don't know that ..... and for the record what is mostly wrong with cities funding stadiums is the LONG TERM DEBT something that OKC doesn't have because of MAPS
    The problem is that most of these stadiums are money losers. How much can a soccer team pay to lease this place? Will that even cover the yearly upkeep costs? How many fans do they average per game? How many games per year will they play in a new stadium? They will be the anchor tenant and will be the major source of income. I know MLS teams can draw petty good and pay a higher lease but we are not talking MLS.

The problem is that most of these stadiums are money losers. How much can a soccer team pay to lease this place? Will that even cover the yearly upkeep costs? How many fans do they average per game? How many games per year will they play in a new stadium? They will be the anchor tenant and will be the major source of income. I know MLS teams can draw petty good and pay a higher lease but we are not talking MLS.
    i don't disagree with any of this ... infact i am against 100 mil in maps 4 for a soccer stadium for 20 mil on the other hand on city owned land they could build a fantastic stadium until the time comes that they either are selling out and need more space .. or get an MLS team ..

Something doesn't have to turn a profit to be of value to a community. That's actually much of the point of public ownership of facilities like this - as long as the cost to run and maintain it isn't excessive. But I don't believe a facility like this, situated where it's being proposed, would be a money-loser. I must repeat the point that the cost burden of upkeep wouldn't solely be laid upon the Energy FC. This is designed to host *multiple* sports and events, including Soccer, Rugby, Football, concerts and festivals, etc, etc.

Average Energy FC attendance (according to google) was approx. 4,300 per game
    Highest home attendance 6,757
    Lowest home attendance 2,574

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Average Energy FC attendance (according to google) was approx. 4,300 per game
    Highest home attendance 6,757
    Lowest home attendance 2,574
    Do you have the trending information?

Thread Information