Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MAPS 4 Stadium

Default Re: MAPS 4 Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    don't watch much NFL, do you??? they are having a hard time finding enough QB's and kickers for 32 teams... and it's why the league says they don't want things like the AAF or the XFL, because it takes backup QB's from their available pool...
    This exactly. You can find players, but not top talent. There are not enough quality soccer players to fill a 40 team league. There are more opportunities for star quality talent to play in European leagues. It ain't happening on these shores.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    don't watch much NFL, do you??? they are having a hard time finding enough QB's and kickers for 32 teams... and it's why the league says they don't want things like the AAF or the XFL, because it takes backup QB's from their available pool...
    Make no mistake-It's all about the money for NFL owners. But I will say that NFL stadiums all over the league are having problems getting people in the stands. There were 1/2 filled stadiums all over the place yesterday. Fans would rather stay at home and watch on TV. Watch when the XFL starts play. You might be mildly shocked at the quality of the game. There will be a bunch of players in that league that could be playing in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    This exactly. You can find players, but not top talent. There are not enough quality soccer players to fill a 40 team league. There are more opportunities for star quality talent to play in European leagues. It ain't happening on these shores.
    You do understand that there are millions more soccer players in the world than there are football players. Soccer is world wide, football (as we know it) is mostly North America. If the MLS can pay the money to these players they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    No, there really aren't enough good basketball players to field 40 competitive teams...there is barely enough for the NBA now, and that's with a huge influx of foreign players. Football doesn't have enough good ones now, particularly at QB and defensive linemen.
    This is subjective. A lot of people love college basketball and the drop off in talent is massive from the NBA. Some people like watching high school. It’s more complex than some random cutoff of quality. The overall experience, enthusiasm, and competitiveness are probably more important.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    You do understand that there are millions more soccer players in the world than there are football players. Soccer is world wide, football (as we know it) is mostly North America. If the MLS can pay the money to these players they will come.
    Yeah there are more soccer players than football players worldwide, I get that. But how many of those quality major league talent players are going to come to this country to play? That is the question. Also there are just as many basketball players worldwide as soccer, but not enough to field a 40 team NBA. Additionally a basketball roster is smaller than a soccer roster.

Make no mistake-It's all about the money for NFL owners. But I will say that NFL stadiums all over the league are having problems getting people in the stands. There were 1/2 filled stadiums all over the place yesterday. Fans would rather stay at home and watch on TV. Watch when the XFL starts play. You might be mildly shocked at the quality of the game. There will be a bunch of players in that league that could be playing in the NFL.
    I saw how the scabs played when the NFL was on strike as well as the play in the AAF. No cigar. 1/2 filled stadiums all over the place? Color me skeptical on that claim. Can you back that claim up?

Check out these 2019 figures. One team at 71% the rest above 80% with the vast majority above 90%. You are reaching with that 1/2 filled claim.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

I saw how the scabs played when the NFL was on strike as well as the play in the AAF. No cigar. 1/2 filled stadiums all over the place? Color me skeptical on that claim. Can you back that claim up?

Check out these 2019 figures. One team at 71% the rest above 80% with the vast majority above 90%. You are reaching with that 1/2 filled claim.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Also the NFL owners are losing a bunch of potential revenue from parking, food/drink and merchandise sales on game day. Heard they were very concerned with the LA market as that Rams owner is building a stadium that cost are rising to the 5 BILLION dollar mark. That owner is wanting the NFL players to help pay for it now. It's just crazy.

https://twitter.com/emptyseatspics/s...223209474?s=21

There's a bunch more like this if you look. The NFL having serious issues filling stadiums in todays NFL. Ticket brokers can't give tickets away. They are buying them cheap from teams and discounting them on the secondary markets and still can't sell them. Many tickets going for under $10.00 Teams report tickets sold not how many people are actually in the stadium and they are not telling us what prices those tickets are sold to the brokers. Much cheaper than face value. NFL is having problems.
    Check another one out. https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-nfl-stadiums/

And those "half filled stadiums" still have more asses in the seats than the soccer teams in those cities. I've been hearing how soccer is going to be big since Pele played for the Cosmos.
    And in NCAA D1, the SEC and Big 12 don't even field mens teams.

NFL has had issues with the fact that their own TV broadcasts are so good that people struggle with the value of attending in person. Thankfully (for them) the TV revenue is so large that it is a challenge, rather than a debacle. IIRC the revenue split from live attendance is around 70/30 home team versus visitor. And I have to admit I can't recall how the parking and food service revenue plays in to the picture.

NCAA football has been somewhat aided by their traditions, but challenges are becoming evident.

Also the NFL owners are losing a bunch of potential revenue from parking, food/drink and merchandise sales on game day. Heard they were very concerned with the LA market as that Rams owner is building a stadium that cost are rising to the 5 BILLION dollar mark. That owner is wanting the NFL players to help pay for it now. It's just crazy.

https://twitter.com/emptyseatspics/s...223209474?s=21

There's a bunch more like this if you look. The NFL having serious issues filling stadiums in todays NFL. Ticket brokers can't give tickets away. They are buying them cheap from teams and discounting them on the secondary markets and still can't sell them. Many tickets going for under $10.00 Teams report tickets sold not how many people are actually in the stadium and they are not telling us what prices those tickets are sold to the brokers. Much cheaper than face value. NFL is having problems.
    Check another one out. https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-nfl-stadiums/
    The NFL is making a tremendous amount of money. The sky is not falling. I can't recall hearing of any owner wanting to sell at a loss, or selling out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    The NFL is making a tremendous amount of money. The sky is not falling. I can't recall hearing of any owner wanting to sell at a loss, or selling out at all.
    The NFL owners are making money no question about that but not as much as they were making. And NFL owners are greedy billionaires and whenever revenues go down they tend to freak out like they did at last owners meeting recently. They are and have been losing fans and that's lost revenue. Concessions and parking are a huge part of their revenue stream. It will be interesting to see what comes of the next CBA with the players union.

Soccer is huge in high schools across the country while football is losing it's luster in many areas because of health concerns. This trend will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    https://www.investopedia.com/article...akes-money.asp
    Despite steadily declining viewership since 2015 and recent controversies about concussions and the national anthem, the NFL is making more money than ever. Although, due to its private status, it is impossible to know exactly how much the NFL makes; Bloomberg estimates it earned around $15 billion during the 2018 season. This is up from estimates of $14.2 billion in 2017 and $13.3 billion in 2016. And the league is showing no intentions of slowing down. Commissioner Roger Goodell has targeted $25 billion in revenue by 2027, or 6% annual growth.

Television and licensing of merch are the big money makers along with corporate sponsorships.
    I would like to have the problems they are having, lol.

The NFL owners are making money no question about that but not as much as they were making. And NFL owners are greedy billionaires and whenever revenues go down they tend to freak out like they did at last owners meeting recently. They are and have been losing fans and that's lost revenue. Concessions and parking are a huge part of their revenue stream. It will be interesting to see what comes of the next CBA with the players union.

Soccer is huge in high schools across the country while football is losing it's luster in many areas because of health concerns. This trend will continue.
    And yet I never hear high school soccer results on local television sports. Football and basketball are pretty much it.

And yet I never hear high school soccer results on local television sports. Football and basketball are pretty much it.
    Obviously you don't get out of Ok much.

Now all the cool kids are going out for soccer in most of the larger cities. It's just the way it is. Me, I don't really care for soccer that much and football has always been my passion. But I am not going to close my eyes and refuse to see what's happening around the country.

Now all the cool kids are going out for soccer in most of the larger cities. It's just the way it is. Me, I don't really care for soccer that much and football has always been my passion. But I am not going to close my eyes and refuse to see what's happening around the country.
    I get out plenty, but when I do I'm not watching local news.
    Cool kids, yeah ok whatever you think. I'm sure its right on par with lacrosse, tennis, and golf. I'm going to make a guess that in the largest USA cities, basketball is what the athletes are playing.

In Los Angeles I don’t see a lot of high school soccer activity. It’s mainly football and basketball.

Cool kids, yeah ok whatever you think. I'm sure its right on par with lacrosse, tennis, and golf. I'm going to make a guess that in the largest USA cities, basketball is what the athletes are playing.
    Lacrosse is a very elite sport for a high schooler to play, particularly on the coasts. And most of those Lax Bros have a very high pull to chill ratio.

yes there are more soccer players... but the elite won't want to come to the US... MLS does not pay anywhere close to what the Premier League pays... MLS when it comes to soccer is not the creme of the crop... that is the problem...

19. Default Re: MAPS 4 Stadium

to be fair those falcons are now 1-6 after getting blown out that game. Pretty sure all those seats are sold, just no one wanted to go watch them get throttled.

NFL owners are currently making the most money they ever have .. and they are about to make a ton more

they just started negoiating the new TV deals .. which will be the highest ever for USA sports ..

this season since the NFL opening game NFL games are the highest 34 rated programs that have been on tv ..

https://www.axios.com/high-school-sp...4755c21d2.html

All eyes on football: Participation in 11-man football declined for the fifth straight year and reached its lowest mark (1,006,013 participants) since 1999-2000. On the flip side, participation in boys 6-, 8- and 9-player football is up, and girls 11-player football has doubled over the past 10 years.
    Big winners this decade: Since 2012, boys and girls lacrosse is up 19%, boys soccer is up 9% and volleyball has seen growth for both genders (up 26% for boys and 8% for girls).

Most popular sports (boys):

11-player football (1,006,013)
    Track and field (605,354)
    Basketball (540,769)
    Baseball (482,740)
    Soccer (459,077)

HS Basketball has a little over 80k more participants than HS Soccer, but yeah, soccer is totally on par with lacrosse (113,702), tennis (159,314), and golf (143,200).

So much anti-soccer bias in Oklahoma....

and yet even among my friends that played college soccer they as a group don't like watching it ...

Football is king

I think we are getting sidetracked with which sport is preferred by who.

I think it is an anomaly a City the size of OKC does not have an outdoor stadium without a field big enough for soccer.
    This need to be addressed. After, it can be use for a lot of different sports too !

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    and yet even among my friends that played college soccer they as a group don't like watching it ...

Football is king
    Ok. I agree with football being king (for now). I love football, but I also love soccer. It's extremely ignorant to not realize how much/how fast soccer is growing in this country. People that group soccer in with lacrosse and golf need to get with the times. With how aware parents are of football's concussion issue, I guarantee that HS football participation will keep declining in this country (unless they somehow find a way to fix the concussion issue). Football wasn't always king, and one day down the road, it'll lose that title. Why not invest in a sport that keeps growing in popularity (especially among youth).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    high pull to chill ratio
    WTH does this even mean?

Thread Information