Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Oklahoma City Fire
    @OKCFD
    Busy day! We have responded to check arcing, sagging, or downed power lines 21 times since this morning. He have responded to 8 grass fires since 4:07 pm. We still have a large grass fire near SE 149 / Hiwassee now. Media, this fire is on TAC 3. BF 5:50 pm

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Be happy. Right now it's blinding snow and 50 - 60 mph wind at my house in Denver. Limon, CO out east of Denver showed the lowest barometric pressure they'd ever recorded earlier today.
    This brief video shows the blizzard in Colorado Springs: http://www.cospringsweather.com/31319blizzard.mp4

This reptile needs to start seeing some 90’s soon... this cold sucks.

That wind yesterday! A bit too much. It did knock some dead Branches down for me though.

Yesterday was the highest average wind speed at the airport in the past five years.

With that last storm getting swept away rather quickly, we will have a beautiful weekend setup with sunshine and 60s for highs and the best part... NO STRONG WINDS!

Upward temp bust for the weekend in play.... sunshine and south wind. I see 80’s and not 60’s. More like Normal OK temps.

^ 60's are normal for this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Drake View Post
    Upward temp bust for the weekend in play.... sunshine and south wind. I see 80’s and not 60’s. More like Normal OK temps.
    Yesterday's high was 61 degrees. Lmao.

Can we rip you a new one when you are wrong, since you know more than the meteorologists?

What an epic bust in the forecast from Ian. We should take away any advertisers that back him!

Quick cool front coming through this evening. Maybe some light passing showers accompanying it. 10-15 degrees cooler for Wednesday.

Warming back up for weekend with more weak chances of passing showers Friday into Saturday. Nothing significant from the looks of it right now.

I would give an appendage to see the big old heat ridge of summer just park itself as soon as April turns over. Mid 90s, jump right into summer, and bypass that nasty, filthy storm season that puts everybody on edge. May this be the year of no tornadoes in OK!

I would give an appendage to see the big old heat ridge of summer just park itself as soon as April turns over. Mid 90s, jump right into summer, and bypass that nasty, filthy storm season that puts everybody on edge. May this be the year of no tornadoes in OK!
    Apparently you didn't watch News9 last night at 7pm when Payne put his predictions on this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Apparently you didn't watch News9 last night at 7pm when Payne put his predictions on this spring.
    Could you people PLEASE stop quoting this moron when you reply to him? I mean, it would obviously be better to not feed the troll at all, but when you quote him, it completely defeats the point of blocking him.

Y'all...

So supposedly its supposed to be a wet spring.

https://newsok.com/article/feed/9654...hreatens-south

Short-range models are showing a developing line of storms in the TX panhandle and coming into OK as we head into the overnight. However, the forecast is to kill off the storms to mere light showers by the time they reach C OK. This would also be very late into early Saturday AM.

Slightly cooler temperatures for Saturday. Sunday looks amazing with highs in the low 70s.

Cluster of supercells have developed just west of the OKC metro. Large hail and hevy rainis the main threat. However, there is some rotation.

Not sure if they will back build to the southwest and impact OKC proper. But keep an eye on the radar if you see the towering clouds near you.

Edmond got a nice bit of hail and flash flooding.

Mild and windy weather returns tomorrow through the rest of the week. SPC outlining risk of severe weather for Friday night. Right now the area of focus is EC and NE OK. This storm could potentially develop storms far enough west that they impact C OK, but at this time, that chance is low.

This same storm will bring cooler temperatures in for the weekend with highs in the 50s and lows in 30s. We return to regularly scheduled spring weather the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Mild and windy weather returns tomorrow through the rest of the week. SPC outlining risk of severe weather for Friday night. Right now the area of focus is EC and NE OK. This storm could potentially develop storms far enough west that they impact C OK, but at this time, that chance is low.

This same storm will bring cooler temperatures in for the weekend with highs in the 50s and lows in 30s. We return to regularly scheduled spring weather the following week.
    Looks like a similar front may be coming the following weekend.

Do you think this April will be similar to last year with weekly arctic fronts keeping temperatures well below normal?

I really hope not. Last year the timing was awful with cold fronts. Making the majority of our weekends much cooler than the weekdays. I would say this year should be closer to our Spring averages around here. We have had really consistent moisture all winter.

April looks on the cool and wet side.

For a look at other time periods go here: https://stillwaterweather.com/weatheroutlooks

Storms firing up just barely along the east edge of the metro.

Thread Information