Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    Seems amazingly autobiographical

2. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    They got this one right and we are now in deep freeze til sometime Tue.

Drip lots of water tonight and its cheaper to spend a few bucks more for water than a busted pipe expense. I’ll also leave mine dripping all day Mon so no surprises later.
    They did get this system right. Every model pretty much agreed so they would have to have gone way out on a limb to disagree. But if you look at the last week of forecasted highs and clouds vs sun they missed big time.

Early Sunday morning, it came a heavy dusting of snow in Stillwater (not freezing rain this time) and once again the Stillwater Emergency Management Director gave another tour of road conditions in Stillwater, mostly on the outskirts. Here are some of the more interesting points on this very long video.

1. 33.00 - Drive to the airport with a stop to watch the American Eagle get deiced.
    2. 44:00 - Gate opened for a better look.
    3. 1:37.00 - Pickup truck speeds past director and soon later slides past red light.
    4. 2:15.00 - Director himself kinda has close call, but salted intersection saves the day. He proceeds to the interior part of town.
    5. 2:18:30 - Director makes sudden turn to check out why two cop cars are stopped in the middle of Main St.

A good number of out of state and international people were viewing. Stillwater was mostly asleep.
    https://www.facebook.com/StwSema/vid...group_activity

Some dry snowbands developing right now out in W OK and SW KS. These will stream overhead in random areas over the state tonight into Monday morning. Nothing meaningful coming from them, just dry wispy snowflakes.

Mild today for Thursday. Obviously it is windy too, because you can't have a nice day in OK without at least 15mph winds.

Friday will be mild ahead of a storm, which will attempt to develop showers/storms either west of, or directly over I-44 corridor. So depending on how soon anything develops, it may not affect OKC. Best chances are E OK.

After that, we will be windy and mild for the first half of Saturday before winds switch out of the NW and blast in cooler air. Sunday will be decent with highs in the low 50s.

The next storm will be right on its heels as a large system comes out of the SW Rockies. This will likely be our first legitimate taste at some severe weather for late Monday and especially Tuesday. Including possibly flooding rains.

The probability for more cold weather will persist, especially throughout the mid section of the country - March 15-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    The probability for more cold weather will persist, especially throughout the mid section of the country - March 15-19.
    son of a .....

GET WARM

8. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Kinda like last year. I kept uncovering the Miata for a day or two only to put her back to bed for awhile.

We should see rain develop late tonight across NW TX into W OK. This will stream across the main part of the state into Tuesday morning. After that we will have a slight break before the main precipitation piece of the storm comes through Wednesday. We will be mild and strong S winds before the rain and storms. At this time, it looks like any Severe potential should be confined to far SW OK.

Strong north winds will come in behind the storm system and make Thursday not so great.

Weather for weekend looks like upper 40s and sunshine or low 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    We should see rain develop late tonight across NW TX into W OK. This will stream across the main part of the state into Tuesday morning. After that we will have a slight break before the main precipitation piece of the storm comes through Wednesday. We will be mild and strong S winds before the rain and storms. At this time, it looks like any Severe potential should be confined to far SW OK.

Strong north winds will come in behind the storm system and make Thursday not so great.

Weather for weekend looks like upper 40s and sunshine or low 50s.
    So crap weather during the week but perfect green beer drinking weather this weekend!

Little to no rain this morning, opposite of what KFOR was saying and they were off on temperatures yesterday highs by almost 20 degrees. There are so many weather websites (This is one of the Best) slowly stop watching Local HYPE stations.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Little to no rain this morning, opposite of what KFOR was saying and they were off on temperatures yesterday highs by almost 20 degrees. There are so many weather websites (This is one of the Best) slowly stop watching Local HYPE stations.
    I'm a big fan of National Weather Service - Norman. They're not in it for ratings. They don't always get it right, but Mother Nature tends to do whatever she likes!
    www.weather.gov/oun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    At least the storm doesn't have much warm sunshine to work with.

Our eventual line of rain and storms has formed across W TX. This will continue all night and impact our area Wednesday. Impacts in C OK will be around daybreak or a little after. Temperatures will be very mild and humid ahead of the rain and turn warm and dry behind the line.

After the storms, we will have extremely gusty winds out of the S and SW likely carrying dust and pollens with it. Temperatures could reach near 70F with sunshine and the strong south winds.

As we head into Wednesday night we will have strong winds shift to come from the NW and eventual N as the low passes through SW KS. This will set up thursday for being much cooler with blustery north winds.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    It has been raining HARD for about 3 hours now, and has about 3 more left in it for OKC. I will take it!

Helluva deal
    Last edited by brian72; 03-13-2019 at 05:16 AM. Reason: cause

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    It has been raining HARD for about 3 hours now, and has about 3 more left in it for OKC. I will take it!
    I know! Woke me up a couple times. Just like the forecast said. Isn't it funny how the trolls keep coming in before the day even starts and declaring the forecast a bust, then exactly what the forecast said would happen, happens? They're so dumb they think this is a weather website, how cute.

Correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve read and been told

Winter weather= so many factors constantly changing its barely worth predicting.
    Spring weather= they can nail with 90% accuracy.

Broken clock is right twice a day.

21. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2019

Be happy. Right now it's blinding snow and 50 - 60 mph wind at my house in Denver. Limon, CO out east of Denver showed the lowest barometric pressure they'd ever recorded earlier today.

Storm has been picking up speed the last 24 hours. This means less colder air being poured down behind it. So the weekend weather looks like it will be closer to mid or even upper 50s and sunshine on Saturday (with virtually no wind). Sunday looks like highs in the 60s with weak south winds.

Green beer is on the menu!

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Be happy. Right now it's blinding snow and 50 - 60 mph wind at my house in Denver. Limon, CO out east of Denver showed the lowest barometric pressure they'd ever recorded earlier today.
    i would love that but i love winter weather

40-50mph wind gusts will be impacting all of the OKC metro by rush hour.

Last Update: 03-13-2019 05:52:05 PM

Total Customers Affected
    Total customers affected does not reflect areas with fewer than 50 customers affected.

Current Outages
    Currently showing areas with outages affecting 50 customers or more.

Billings, OK 898
    Cleo Springs, OK 427
    Davis, OK 130
    Del City, OK 117
    Drumright, OK 279
    Guthrie, OK 51
    Maysville, OK 441
    Nichols Hills, OK 319
    Norman, OK 778
    Oklahoma City, OK 1900
    Paoli, OK 428
    Shattuck, OK 163