Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2020 Presidential Race

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    You think they had a lot of success in 2018? I thought it was a fairly normal midterm election. Yeah, the Democrats picked up seats, but I don't think it was an unusually large amount. And I don't think healthcare was a big point of motivation for them. It was a referendum on Trump.
    It was a referendum on his personality. What policy did they rail against? Tariffs? I don't recall hearing that brought up all that often. Probably more by R's.

Well, did they rail on his Israeli policies? That would have been prophetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    We still need to see as much of the report as can be released, but I'm happy that we've had a credible investigation and have a credible conclusion. I'm at peace with it. I'm happy that this brought out into the open how fragile our electoral process is and that we can do a better job as a country in having secure election infrastructure. It's disappointing that no national movement has ever materialized. This investigation helped bring to light the Russian interference with our social media and I hope it has led to people being more on guard when it comes to fake news. In a world where the Navy pays $640 per toilet seat, I'm good with $24 million being spent on this affair.
    Russian interference has nothing to do with our election infrastructure.

I think Ilhan Omar and AOC have been the biggest gift to Trump for 2020. Trump just has to let them talk and then point and say "is that what you want?"

Russian interference has nothing to do with our election infrastructure.
    That in some states, it has been demonstrated that their infrastructure is vulnerable to hacking is a huge concern. That some states have had their voter information stolen is a concern. That many states don't produce paper ballots is another concern. If Russia wanted to sway another election, it very well might attack our vulnerable electoral infrastructure.

You think they had a lot of success in 2018? I thought it was a fairly normal midterm election. Yeah, the Democrats picked up seats, but I don't think it was an unusually large amount. And I don't think healthcare was a big point of motivation for them. It was a referendum on Trump.
    I don't think you were paying much attention then.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244367/...migration.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I don't think you were paying much attention then.

A study? What were the candidates running on. Candidates don't have to take into account jack when running.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It was a referendum on his personality. What policy did they rail against? Tariffs? I don't recall hearing that brought up all that often. Probably more by R's.

And to you i will say it was healthcare. If Orange man gets pre existing conditions reinstated it will be a huge gift for Senatorial and Presedential candidate.
    I still remembered GOP candidates lying through their teeth that they supportrd the current pre existing condition law.

A study? What were the candidates running on. Candidates don't have to take into account jack when running.
    How do you coflate polling voters with a study?

Here are the issues that Kendra Horn ran on, and won.

https://www.kendrahornforcongress.com/issues

I think Ilhan Omar and AOC have been the biggest gift to Trump for 2020. Trump just has to let them talk and then point and say "is that what you want?"
    i keep hearing this... but neither of them are running... so don't know how exactly they are gifts to Trump for 2020... he won't be in front of them in a debate

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i keep hearing this... but neither of them are running... so don't know how exactly they are gifts to Trump for 2020... he won't be in front of them in a debate
    All of the people in a frenzy about AOC would have never considered voting Democrat to begin with.

It's a Twitter world.

Democratic candidates are going to have to deal with them. These ladies are vocal and (for some reason) high profile, and that'll affect how the real contenders run in the primaries. It's similar to what Mitt Romney had to deal with from the Tea Party.

Democratic candidates are going to have to deal with them. These ladies are vocal and (for some reason) high profile, and that'll affect how the real contenders run in the primaries. It's similar to what Mitt Romney had to deal with from the Tea Party.
    true. and actually a really good comparison.

Because the vast majority if not all GOP congressional candidates ran against Pelosi and that was succesful. Now they can run against other women that are not in their district. They will meet a similar fate. Agent Orange also raised this when he stumped for candidates.

We still need to see as much of the report as can be released, but I'm happy that we've had a credible investigation and have a credible conclusion. I'm at peace with it. I'm happy that this brought out into the open how fragile our electoral process is and that we can do a better job as a country in having secure election infrastructure. It's disappointing that no national movement has ever materialized. This investigation helped bring to light the Russian interference with our social media and I hope it has led to people being more on guard when it comes to fake news. In a world where the Navy pays $640 per toilet seat, I'm good with $24 million being spent on this affair.

And besides.. if you are going to continue to not approve of this President, there are any number of much more viable reasons to do so.. from his fraud in the private sector to his operating a "Foundation" which the State of New York required them to wind up, to the countless lies he tells, people he hires, abrasiveness with the 4th Estate, treatment of immigrants, cozying up to foreign dictators, failure to successfully negotiate with North Korea, taking Putin's word over the entire intelligence apparatus... and many more... there are plenty of viable options.
    Could have saved that $24 million in investigating Trump if the FBI would have just notified Trump of their concerns, eliminated the threats and moved on. Then we could have spent than money on trying to shore up weaknesses in our system.

You know, like they did with McCain and Feinstein.

Could have saved that $24 million in investigating Trump if the FBI would have just notified Trump of their concerns, eliminated the threats and moved on. Then we could have spent than money on trying to shore up weaknesses in our system.

please... 24 million wouldn't fix anything

please... 24 million wouldn't fix anything
    Still better than what it was spent on.

Nice job ignoring the glaring double standard as well.

What study are you talking about Eric?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    What study are you talking about Eric?
    Study/poll. I use the words interchangeably. Ie, studying the population's opinion. Similarly, to distinguish between the classroom (study) and the real world. Sorry for the confusion.

It wasn't $24 million for nothing. The investigation bagged Paul Manafort, who had been getting away with bad acts for many years. Michael Flynn was caught serving the interests of Turkey right before taking a gig as National Security Adviser. The President was surrounded with some self-serving scumbags, and as a result of this investigation and others, he is no longer surrounded by those people.

It wasn't $24 million for nothing. The investigation bagged Paul Manafort, who had been getting away with bad acts for many years. Michael Flynn was caught serving the interests of Turkey right before taking a gig as National Security Adviser. The President was surrounded with some self-serving scumbags, and as a result of this investigation and others, he is no longer surrounded by those people.
    in fact that $24 million investigation, lead to an agreement with Paul Manafort for property that will be sold and expected to bring in close to $22 Million.... so i bet if you look at all of the fines that others probably had to pay as well, the Mueller Investigation probably made a profit for the US Government.

Manafort was investigated and they took a pass on him years ago...you know....when Mueller was running the FBI.

Really, I had no idea Flynn was prosecuted for that. CRAZY!

Blame Fox News for giving them the spotlight. They say outrageous things that enrage conservatives. They are a gift to Fox News' ratings more than anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Blame Fox News for giving them the spotlight. They say outrageous things that enrage conservatives. They are a gift to Fox News' ratings more than anybody else.
    The really confusing part is that whomever is in charge of anointing people has singled out these women. It's not like Fox put them on Rolling Stone. Libs are praising them. Cons are mocking them.

Thread Information