Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Alley Townhomes

Default Re: Auto Alley Townhomes

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They haven't built any for sale units at that price; just one for a family member that was never sold on the open market. In fact, ownership hasn't transfered from the builder.

They paid $380K just for the land. Even divided by 6, that is $63K just for each small lot.

And almost no way to do new home construction -- exspecially vertical -- for less than $200 per SF. If you look at the website for this builder you'll see most their homes exceed that amount. When I spoke to Sheryl Willingham she described these homes as 'luxury' and that's all they build in Gallardia, Rose Creek, etc.

So the bare minimum would be $600K for a 3,000SF home plus another $63K for the lot. The one house that was built is 3,500SF.

This is why similar 2- or 3-story homes in the urban core all go for $700K and up.

If and when more of these are built, I can almost guarantee they will be over $800K. Sale prices for new construction in the core are all around or over $300/SF.
    Thanks for breaking that down.

Blog Entries

I really want folks to start building 1000 SF class for-own units, IMO that will set off an influx of folks moving downtown if we got a bunch of those.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I really want folks to start building 1000 SF class for-own units, IMO that will set off an influx of folks moving downtown if we got a bunch of those.
    The Civic.

And years later, there still several unsold units.

Blog Entries

Sorry I thought they were larger. I've been in several units but I think only the larger units.

Edit: Looking on their website, only 1400+ sf units are showing as available, but who knows how up to date that is.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Sorry I thought they were larger. I've been in several units but I think only the larger units.

Edit: Looking on their website, only 1400+ sf units are showing as available, but who knows how up to date that is.
    There were about a dozen for sale at 1,000SF or smaller.

Work has started on a 2nd house here:

That Journal Record article in the first post claimed that these places would be around 3,000SF and cost about $300,000 each.

I knew that was absurd, as I pointed out several times in this thread.

Well, the first one built is now on the market: 3,542SF and listed at $1.1 million:
    https://www.rhondabratton.com/idx/li...-City-OK-73104

There has been a second home built just to the east but it isn't on the market, although it looks to be about the same size and with the same level of finishes:

8. Default Re: Auto Alley Townhomes

Nice ductwork! Are they trying to attract MEP engineer to buy?

The downtown for sale housing market seems to be at a lull as it is. But then trying to sell this 3 story townhome, lacking character or any outdoor space except for small balconies, and without a elevator for $1.1 million? I predict this will be on the market for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    Nice ductwork! Are they trying to attract MEP engineer to buy?
    Or Terry Gilliam.

Or Terry Gilliam.

What movie is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    What movie is this from?
    Brazil, one of my all-time faves.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    The downtown for sale housing market seems to be at a lull as it is. But then trying to sell this 3 story townhome, lacking character or any outdoor space except for small balconies, and without a elevator for $1.1 million? I predict this will be on the market for a while.
    I believe this does have an elevator. But you’re points are valid. The design leaves a lot to be desired.

Do not like the setbacks. The building should be pushed up to the street and the garage behind in an alley. Why didn’t they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Do not like the setbacks. The building should be pushed up to the street and the garage behind in an alley. Why didn’t they do that?
    Because the plan is to build more units to the north which will use the alley as access.

Because the plan is to build more units to the north which will use the alley as access.
    Would that not be all more reason to give these units access too? Alleys can work with access on each side; it does in Dallas and LA(as you know).

The alley is north of units to be added, not between the units.

What will be the space between the townhomes when they are built? They look pretty slim without out units joined alongside them, not sure if having a sliver of space would look good or not.

The space between the units on the south parcels and those to the north will be very small; probably just an air gap so they are free-standing.

Thread Information