Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Building Pad East of Chicken Express NW 10 & Garth Brooks

Default New Building Pad East of Chicken Express NW 10 & Garth Brooks

Building pad under construction next to the Chicken Express.

Default Re: New Building Pad East of Chicken Express NW 10 & Garth Brooks

Probably slim chickens, or churches, maybe Wingstop. Guaranteed to be chicken

I saw that and a new pad cleared at the corner of 15th and Mustang Rd. east of the 7-11. I guess that is tecnichly OKC. :

Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    I saw that and a new pad cleared at the corner of 15th and Mustang Rd. east of the 7-11. I guess that is tecnichly OKC. :
    Did the sign saying On Cue coming soon blow down? I think there is also a "car wash coming soon" sign, but I'm not sure if that is intended to be separate from the On Cue or part of it.

The new pad will be for Schlotzky's Austin Eatery.

First thought: What the holy heck is that, and how is it different than a regular Schlotzsky's.

So I look. https://www.schlotzskys.com/austin-eatery

Second thought: What the holy heck is that, and how is it different than a regular Schlotzsky's. Serving it on a frisbee? Yeah, that would be Austin, but it says they don't do that any more. So it is a Schlotzsky's that experiments with the menu? A Schlotzsky's with beer? Will it have live music?

Ask Applebee's how rebranding "for millennials" worked out for them. That said, good luck, I wish them well. Put some of that hickory brisket mac and cheese on the menu and maybe we'll talk. Just be affordable because that I Heart Mac And Cheese place down the street is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    First thought: What the holy heck is that, and how is it different than a regular Schlotzsky's.

So I look. https://www.schlotzskys.com/austin-eatery

Second thought: What the holy heck is that, and how is it different than a regular Schlotzsky's. Serving it on a frisbee? Yeah, that would be Austin, but it says they don't do that any more. So it is a Schlotzsky's that experiments with the menu? A Schlotzsky's with beer? Will it have live music?

Ask Applebee's how rebranding "for millennials" worked out for them. That said, good luck, I wish them well. Put some of that hickory brisket mac and cheese on the menu and maybe we'll talk. Just be affordable because that I Heart Mac And Cheese place down the street is a joke.
    FWIW the Brisketeer Mac is already on their regular menu. I've had it at the Schlotzsky's on I-240. I wasn't terribly impressed with the base mac & cheese - the cheese sauce in mine had a grainy texture and a kinda meh flavor - but I've only had it once so I don't know if that was a fluke or not. The brisket they piled on top was pretty dang tasty though.

The Austin Eatery concept seems just like a (slightly) expanded menu Schlotzsky's. It looks like they just added a few new sandwiches and also tacos, along with beer & wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Did the sign saying On Cue coming soon blow down? I think there is also a "car wash coming soon" sign, but I'm not sure if that is intended to be separate from the On Cue or part of it.
    The new clearing going on at the SW corner of SW 15th and Mustang Road will be a new Branch location for Communication Federal Credit Union. This is their first branch in the SW metro area.

Thread Information