Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whiskey Biscuit

Deep Deuce Whiskey Biscuit

They are very close to opening.

https://www.facebook.com/deepdeucbricktown/

Default Re: Whiskey Biscuit

They are now open for business.

Open weekdays at 11AM but I believe they serve breakfast/brunch on the weekends. No menu posted as of yet but this was from their FB page:

Whiskey + biscuits = driest combo in history

Makes me want to cough & choke just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Whiskey + biscuits = driest combo in history

Makes me want to cough & choke just thinking about it.
    Of the six liquor bottles spaced out on the bar back....only one is whiskey and it is Jack Daniels. The bar back pic cuts off but the spacing of the bottles does not lead me to believe there will be any type of extensive selection starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Of the six liquor bottles spaced out on the bar back....only one is whiskey and it is Jack Daniels. The bar back pic cuts off but the spacing of the bottles does not lead me to believe there will be any type of extensive selection starting out.
    Lol interesting.

So will there, uhhh, be biscuits...?

I checked this place out. The breakfast food was fantastic. Prices were also great for what you get. Their patio is way cooler than I was anticipating. I hope this time something can stick around, but there was not many people here when across the street, DDG was popping.

Will definitely be returning!

This is from their FB page. The patio is to the south of their space and in the foreground is the pool for the Deep Deuce Apartments.

It's great space. I looked at it when Park's Place was opening but they never got far enough to get the patio going.

Nice patio.

Anyone know how business is doing here? Parks lasted about five minutes but this patio looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Anyone know how business is doing here? Parks lasted about five minutes but this patio looks nice!
    Parks was always an odd concept that never promoted itself.

The owners of Whiskey Biscuit are working their tails off and have done a great job thus far. They have an interesting backstory... Most recently running a small restaurant on an island off Puerto Rico but moved here for family reasons.

I'm hoping this will help to fill the void left by Slaughter's Hall. I just love this little neighborhood and the setting in general. It feels like Brooklyn, not OKC.

I do like DD Grill but this place has its own charm and that back patio is really cool.

11. Default Re: Whiskey Biscuit

I do think they need to find more ways to promote to the surrounding residential areas. I live 2 blocks away and would probably have no idea they existed if I wasn't on these forums.

Stopped in for dinner last night and had a great experience.

Quite a few patrons there in advance of walking over to the Thunder game.

They had a $10 any burger and domestic beer special, so I tried the Inferno Smash Burger: Bacon, Smoked Ghost Pepper Cheese, Fried Wonton, Grilled Onions, Avocado & Sweet Thai. It was fantastic. Juicy burger and I loved the sweet/spicy flavor combination and the wontons gave it a nice crunch. Fries were really good as well.

Helpful, friendly service and a great little neighborhood place.

I've heard great things about their breakfast and brunch menus and look forward to trying more items from their menu:

https://www.whiskeybiscuitokc.com/menu

Blog Entries

^We were going to go last night and at last minute veered to Black Walnut - we had not been there either. We'll try to hit WB Friday before Denver game. Glad to hear the good review!

Trying to figure out where this is located. Is it across the street from Deep Deuce Grill?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Trying to figure out where this is located. Is it across the street from Deep Deuce Grill?
    Yes, and slightly to the east.

Blog Entries

I hope it was a fluke, but tried this place tonight pre Death Cab concert and it was an almost entirely terrible experience. The food was, fortunately, good. But I had a salad that was $12, plus $4 for chicken. You definitely don't get $4 worth of chicken. I've had much larger salads with much more chicken at other places for $12 (or less) total. But really this pricing is a minor complaint in the grand scheme.

The service was shockingly terrible. I had a reservation, but didn't need it as it wasn't very crowded. Even so, it took us 20 minutes to get our drinks and a FULL HOUR to get our food. At a non-crowded place. There was rampant confusion as we got some things twice while other things went missing. Three different people would ask us things and try to respond, seemingly without communicating with each other, which contributed to much of the problem. There was only 1 bar tender and even though our drink orders had been in for so long he was making drinks for people actually at the bar who had just sat down. Multiple tables just up and walked out after being tired of waiting for service.

I really want something to succeed in this space. If this sort of thing keeps up I don't see how this incarnation can be the one that makes it.

I know they recently have had some staffing issues and are actively looking for help. Hopefully they can iron that stuff out, because the concept has potential and the food I have had was good.

I enjoyed the burger and fries I got.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5dk9Jk1isXw5vJC79

Service was good, then again I was one of maybe 3-4 people in the place

Blog Entries

First time we have been tonight....hmmm. Patio was nice with such great weather, but in our view food was average at best. Service was good. I can’t say I’d head back with a lot of eagerness but will try to give it another shot. Maybe we (or they) had an off night.

20. Default Re: Whiskey Biscuit

I've eaten at one in Denver a couple of times. It's been good and the service decent. It's been a problem here getting proper staffing for restaurants, too.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Whiskey Biscuit here is totally unrelated to any place going by the same name in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Whiskey Biscuit here is totally unrelated to any place going by the same name in Denver.
    Correct.

I LOVE the inferno burger at this place. A little bit of heat but also some sweetness to it and the burger itself is super juicy.

I like this place a lot.

23. Default Re: Whiskey Biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    OK. was not aware since it has multiple locations here l thought they expanded to OKC.

24. Default Re: Whiskey Biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    OK. was not aware since it has multiple locations here l thought they expanded to OKC.
    Multiple locations? Are you confusing them with Whiskey Cake and Whiskey Chicks?

And the one in Colorado is called The Whiskey Biscuit.

I think this place could be dead again. Door was locked over the weekend. And I cannot find social media pages for it, but I am also not 100% if I am searching for it correctly.

It seems weird, the blue LED lights are still lit up and the big chalkboard sign on the sidewalk is still out there. It very much looks open. I asked a former worker and they said something about a family emergency may have caused abrupt closure.

Regardless, there is no sign on the door - so I have high doubts of it re-opening.

Thread Information