Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 119 of 119
  1. #101

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Front came through OKC a little earlier than forecast. It is already very cold and will stay this way through Thursday. Strong southerly winds will shoot temperatures up into the 50s on Friday. Then temperatures will plummet Saturday into Sunday. This will continue into next week with some snow potential Sunday into Monday. At this time, it does not appear to be significant.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Winter weather getting unusually crazy for time of year. Mike Morgan said the March 1-5 period will be coldest since 1960. Low then may get down to 12, the coldest for this winter.

  3. #103

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    ^ To reference. This is the current forecast low temperature Monday morning from the GFS:


  4. #104

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    I got tricked again for the third week this winter. I planned on a bike ride because the weather forecast was in the mid 50s and doesn’t get above 40. Forecasts have been really off the past month.

  5. #105

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Winter Weather Advisory for W and C OK with patchy freezing drizzle. This will likely linger into tomorrow before moving out Wednesday evening.

  6. #106

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    I got tricked again for the third week this winter. I planned on a bike ride because the weather forecast was in the mid 50s and doesn’t get above 40. Forecasts have been really off the past month.
    Where exactly you are located? You likely saw the "high temperature" today somewhere around 8 or 9 am. OKC was 48F this morning and is currently 27F.

  7. #107

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Winter weather getting unusually crazy for time of year. Mike Morgan said the March 1-5 period will be coldest since 1960. Low then may get down to 12, the coldest for this winter.
    It seems like in Oklahoma, the first half March has a knack for being brutally cold depending on the year. Highs in the teens/twenties and lows in the single digits aren't that uncommon. It looks like this is going to be one of those years.

    I just hope winter doesn't linger into April like it did last year. I'm hoping that in about a month or so I can start breaking out my t-shirts and shorts.

  8. #108

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    It seems like in Oklahoma, the first half March has a knack for being brutally cold depending on the year. Highs in the teens/twenties and lows in the single digits aren't that uncommon. It looks like this is going to be one of those years.

    I just hope winter doesn't linger into April like it did last year. I'm hoping that in about a month or so I can start breaking out my t-shirts and shorts.
    Man, when does OK weather please you? You hate April thru July due to tornadoes, then August and September because it is hot, then fall because it isn't long enough, and now winters here are too cold?

  9. #109

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    To be honest, I kinda hope the high doesn't get above 35 at the most for the first two weeks of March. I mean, trust me, I'm as ready for warmer weather as the next guy, but up to this point it's been a roller coaster. There was a dang dandelion in my backyard yesterday (I told it it was in for a big shock, it didn't listen). If we don't get a serious cold snap, and I mean one that last more than a couple days, the bugs are going to be sheer hell. Cold snap to kill the bugs, then warm right up.

  10. #110

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Man, when does OK weather please you? You hate April thru July due to tornadoes, then August and September because it is hot, then fall because it isn't long enough, and now winters here are too cold?
    Rarely. Oklahoma weather most of the year isn’t my cup of tea. However, I was simply commenting on how this year I hope there’s nicer weather in April compared to last year and the upcoming cold snap isn’t abnormal for this time of year. I don’t want this to become a “bash bchris” thread.

  11. #111

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Rarely. Oklahoma weather most of the year isn’t my cup of tea. However, I was simply commenting on how this year I hope there’s nicer weather in April compared to last year and the upcoming cold snap isn’t abnormal for this time of year. I don’t want this to become a “bash bchris” thread.
    I didn't mean to make it that. My bad. I hadn't noticed this winter was much colder. But maybe it was just because there have not been as many large storms, just more smaller ones. Also, I have been traveling for work, so I have missed a lot of the bad OKC weather (ice, snow, etc).

  12. #112

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Where exactly you are located? You likely saw the "high temperature" today somewhere around 8 or 9 am. OKC was 48F this morning and is currently 27F.
    I live near the Holly Lobby Headquarters. It makes sense I was seeing the high which was in the morning prior to the temperature shift.

  13. #113

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Bridges and overpasses are ice rinks this morning. Numerous wrecks all over the metro. This freezing drizzle will continue for the majority of the day.

  14. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Man, when does OK weather please you? You hate April thru July due to tornadoes, then August and September because it is hot, then fall because it isn't long enough, and now winters here are too cold?
    Well, your assessment of OK weather is pretty accurate, it kinda sucks. I grew up here, so I don't mind the heat and tornadoes (haven't been hit by a tornado, might mind them more if that happened), and fall *is* too short and not fall-like enough. But this winter has been weird, very dreary/cold/wet moreso than normal since we do usually have some 40-50 degree days interspersed quite often, but just seems to have been very monotone this winter, it's getting old... At least no huge ice storms (can't wait to have a good one that takes out the neighbor's tree that is hanging right over our power/cable lines and our garage, this older part of town is so susceptible to outages/damage than where we used to live, but I wouldn't trade our new place for anything). This is all subjective, though, so maybe this winter isn't as out of the norm as I think it is, just seems so.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    In Stillwater late this morning or around noon, a recheck of the streets and bridges generally weren't bad from light freezing mist or drizzle. Evidently, the street surfaces were still above freezing from highs being in the low 60s on Monday. Stillwater Civil Defense Director took another tour of the streets here:
    https://www.facebook.com/StwSema/vid...group_activity

  16. #116

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Streets didn’t seem that bad this morning but I’ve seen 4 rollover wrecks which I think is a record for me. Come be because it didn’t seem that bad but there were spots that were.

  17. #117

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    This is all subjective, though, so maybe this winter isn't as out of the norm as I think it is, just seems so.
    Well the average high for this time of year is 58 degrees and it's climbing pretty fast. By next week we should be in the 60s according to seasonal averages. However the current 10-day outlook is mostly days with highs in the 20s and 30s with a few days up in the 40s. Furthermore, this winter has had far fewer "nice" days than any other Oklahoma winter in my memory.

    Days above 60*F this winter.

    December: 1st
    January: 6th, 7th, 18th
    February: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 13th, 14th, 23rd, 25th

    Days above 70*F this winter

    December: None
    January: None
    February: 3rd, 14th

  18. #118

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    With the exception of November, we have had a VERY cloudy last six months. Actuals are per Mesonet, averages are from OKC's climate data on Wikipedia.

    September: 45% sunshine (Average: 71%)
    October: 48% sunshine (Average: 70%)
    November: 68% sunshine (Average: 60%)
    December: 51% sunshine (Average: 60%)
    January: 47% sunshine (Average: 64%)
    February: 45% sunshine (Average: 62%)

  19. #119

    Default Re: General Weather Discussion - February 2019

    Also, February will be the 8th month in a row with a below-average temperature departure at KOKC. Who knows how March will go as a whole, but temperatures will certainly start out well below-average.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. General Weather Discussion - January 2019
    By Bunty in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 01-30-2019, 09:55 PM
  2. General Weather Discussion - February and March 2018
    By Anonymous. in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 03-30-2018, 11:33 AM
  3. General Weather Discussion - January and February 2017
    By Anonymous. in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 02-22-2017, 11:06 AM
  4. General Weather Discussion - January/February 2015
    By venture in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 525
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 03:38 PM
  5. General Weather Discussion - February 2014
    By venture in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 426
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 11:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO