Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Crawfish Pot

Default The Crawfish Pot

On my MSN home page I viewed a slide show called "Most Popular Seafood Restaurant in Every State",
    and it's an article by Coleman Andrews. He says that the most popular seafood restaurant in Oklahoma
    is The Crawfish Pot. I'm interested in meeting some friends from Blanchard, so does anybody have
    a comment?
    Thanks,
    C. T.

Default Re: The Crawfish Pot

The one on I-240? What metric was used to make this determination? I couldn't even call The Crawfish Pot the most popular in the city, let alone the state.

And that's why I asked the question. MSN does a lot of this type of "Greatest" and when it comes to steak restaurants Cattleman's is always the finest in Oklahoma. Now, I enjoy Cattleman's but there are many steak houses that are much better.
    C.T.

Off The Hook is my personal favorite. Also, while not a seafood restaurant, the fried catfish at Ice Events Center & Grill is fantastic.

Crawfish pot has a very limited menu unless they have changed it since I was there, It basically is only stuff you can put in a boil. If you like that...they do it well according to my friends that love it. I thought it was ok and messy.

A few years ago when my wife was still with me, we saw an Epicurious rating on hamburgers in the United States and the top ten included Meers. So, we decided to drive down there and try their burgers. Well, they are decent but we decided there were at least three places in the OKC metro area with better burgers. So much for ratings.
    C. T.

7. Default Re: The Crawfish Pot

Looks like they are opening a Crawfish Pot on Ed Noble Parkway in Norman in the old "The Shack"

I read that same article and thought surly White River in Tulsa would be it. I like reading those best of "whatever" in each state for the fun of it, but definitely take the results with a grain of salt.

9. Default Re: The Crawfish Pot

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    I read that same article and thought surly White River in Tulsa would be it. I like reading those best of "whatever" in each state for the fun of it, but definitely take the results with a grain of salt.
    The White River Fish Market in Tulsa is incredible! I have not thought about that place in a while until you mentioned it. Now I want it!

I went there once and thought it was pretty tasty. If you like spice, they can really crank it up. It's mostly crawfish boil type of food, which I personally love, but not everyone is into that sort of thing.

Thread Information