Widgets Magazine

Thread: NW 47th/Classen

Classen NW 47th/Classen

Further up classen on 48th this building is being demolished. https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=db70b...=2&form=S00027
    Last edited by Bowser214; 03-28-2022 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wording

Default Re: 3601 N Classen

There have been no building permits filed for 4801 N. Classen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There have been no building permits filed for 4801 N. Classen.
    Part of a local developers acquisitions in the area, trying to accumulate several blocks worth of homes and properties to redevelop. Not sure how far along they are but surely will get increasingly more difficult to get the last remaining properties, always is.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Part of a local developers acquisitions in the area, trying to accumulate several blocks worth of homes and properties to redevelop. Not sure how far along they are but surely will get increasingly more difficult to get the last remaining properties, always is.
    Yes, I mapped this out way back in 2013. They are basically trying to acquire everything south of NW Expressway, west of Classen, east of Blackwelder and north of 47th, an area that includes the office building they just demolished.

Yesterday, I spoke to someone who owns several properties in this area and he said this investment group had approached him years ago but not lately.

Acquisitions have been happening for over a decade and they don't seem very close to obtaining the last dozen or so properties.

I suspect the demo at 4801 N. Classen was due to city pressure (it was derelict) rather than any plans to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, I mapped this out way back in 2013. They are basically trying to acquire everything south of NW Expressway, west of Classen, east of Blackwelder and north of 47th, an area that includes the office building they just demolished.

Yesterday, I spoke to someone who owns several properties in this area and he said this investment group had approached him years ago but not lately.

Acquisitions have been happening for over a decade and they don't seem very close to obtaining the last dozen or so properties.

I suspect the demo at 4801 N. Classen was due to city pressure (it was derelict) rather than any plans to develop.
    That's a pretty interesting corner to have something happen to it, really makes me wonder what the long-term plan is. Conceptually it's fairly similar to where Oak is starting to happen, and Classen & NW Expressway is a very busy intersection.

^

Yes, it's very similar to Oak, especially in the long-term acquisition of a ton of separate properties.

Classen NW 47th/Classen

The building on the NW corner of this intersection looked just about ready to be demolished on my way to work this morning, anyone know if there are plans to build something new on the site? I believe the address is 4801 N Classen.

Between this property and the recent demolitions around NW 50th and May, there's a lot of prime empty lots and a lot of visual changes occurring in some pretty prominent areas of the near NW side of town.

^

It's the same with all the big changes along May Avenue, such as Mayfair, the demolished church at 50th & May and lots of small demolitions with new infill to the north.

Default Classen

There is an old building completely demoed on Classen on the west side before the expressway intersection.

Sorry if this has been addressed I'm curious as to what is happening?

A lot of old buildings on Classen that could be demolished or renovated and I have seen a few get a face lift.

Default Re: Classen

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    There is an old building completely demoed on Classen on the west side before the expressway intersection.

Sorry if this has been addressed I'm curious as to what is happening?

A lot of old buildings on Classen that could be demolished or renovated and I have seen a few get a face lift.
    I merged your post with an existing thread.

Read up for more info.

12. Default Re: NW 47th/Classen

I was glad to see it go. It was in terrible condition. I could not understand how they were able to get tenants. It has been that way for years.

13. Default Re: NW 47th/Classen

Another building to which I had at least a tangential connection now gone; my ex-wife worked in that building around 25 years ago. Not crying any tears for this one...just observing that such is the course of the human condition. These days I drive around everywhere recalling what was.

Default Re: NW 47th/Classen

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Another building to which I had at least a tangential connection now gone; my ex-wife worked in that building around 25 years ago. Not crying any tears for this one...just observing that such is the course of the human condition. These days I drive around everywhere recalling what was.
    I can relate.

The main connection between people and a community are buildings and places. It's hard not to feel like a part of your past is being erased when something familiar is removed.

For the same reason, I feel a bit sad every time I walk past Mayfair. It has been there pretty much my entire life and now most of it is gone. Even though I'm happy for the investment and bringing in new businesses, it still makes me blue.

15. Default Re: NW 47th/Classen

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    These days I drive around everywhere recalling what was.
    Having been in civil engineering for 30+ years.... I drive around and recall what I was involved in designing that used to be there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0877.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	17403 That building demolished, was this one, correct?

17. Default Re: NW 47th/Classen

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Having been in civil engineering for 30+ years.... I drive around and recall what I was involved in designing that used to be there.
    Age and experience makes it abundantly clear that everything really IS temporary. Some things are just more temporary than others.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyWalks View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0877.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	17403 That building demolished, was this one, correct?
    Yes, that's the one.

I don't know where else to put this but (it's not far off classen) the "business" at NW 36th and Penn on the Northeast side of the intersection is an empty gas station type building with cars parked around it. Well the lot is completely cleaned off. NO CARS!!
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/NW...!4d-97.5476721

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I don't know where else to put this but (it's not far off classen) the "business" at NW 36th and Penn on the Northeast side of the intersection is an empty gas station type building with cars parked around it. Well the lot is completely cleaned off. NO CARS!!
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/NW...!4d-97.5476721
    That property recently sold but no permits of any kind have been filed.

I'll keep my eye out as something is clearly happening there.

Thread Information