Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NW 23rd and Robinson

Default Re: NW 23rd and Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I don't know if they are common (I doubt it). Marek Cornett (who serves on the Transportation board) shared back in November that NW 23rd St has now implemented LPIs at Blackwelder, Western, Shartel, Walker (which was the first one done in 2020), Robinson, and Broadway, with more coming. (https://twitter.com/marekcornett/sta...75729371910159). So I think they're pretty new -- hopefully more in the near future.
    Nice! Hopefully more indeed, Bricktown and DT could use the change.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Fantastic news that the city is using LPIs at crosswalks, is that common across the city and I just missed it or is this a new development?
    I have noticed crews out at many intersections upgrading crosswalk buttons throughout the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The renovated center north of the Blue Note is now almost completely occupied, at least on the ground floor. There is a real estate company, a consignment shop, a design firm and a dispensary. Looks like just one empty bay.

In the second photo showing the back of the Blue Note, all the rubble is actually from the former tire shop next door. That property is in horrible shape.

One of these shops in the Uptown is my occult bookstore, the Black Goat. Hoping to open in about two weeks!

^ Nice I'll try to stop buy and pick a few books up. Good luck to your business!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^ Nice I'll try to stop buy and pick a few books up. Good luck to your business!
    That would be very cool. Thanks!

Some Uptown Building updates:

My occult bookshop, The Black Goat, is open! If any of you have an interest in anything along the lines of witchcraft, folk magic, Kabbalah/Cabala/Qabalah, ceremonial magic, tarot, or even psychedelics, feel free to come check me out.

Pambe Ghana, being seasonal, is now out of the building. Nothing certain on the next step for that empty space.

Next to Refresh Designs will be a cafe: Toast & Coffee, set to open in March, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    My occult bookshop, The Black Goat, is open! If any of you have an interest in anything along the lines of witchcraft, folk magic, Kabbalah/Cabala/Qabalah, ceremonial magic, tarot, or even psychedelics, feel free to come check me out.
    pretty sure i need a copy of tobin's spirit guide. : )

Excellent! I will have to come by. I have been looking for a new place like that to check out. Seems like there is a bit of competition in that market, I think in the last three months, I've heard of at least three new businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    pretty sure i need a copy of tobin's spirit guide. : )
    ha! I'm afraid I don't have that one in stock, but upon request could order you a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    Excellent! I will have to come by. I have been looking for a new place like that to check out. Seems like there is a bit of competition in that market, I think in the last three months, I've heard of at least three new businesses.
    I know of the one in Bethany that opened recently; my shop is quite different. It's a bookshop first and foremost, with undoubtedly the best curated selection of occult books anywhere in the region (probably of any shop between the coasts), and I even carry small-press titles no other bookstore will have on their shelves. Other local shops are largely metaphysical supply stores that also carry a limited selection of books, so The Black Goat fills a space that hasn't been addressed and isn't really setting out to be competition for the others out there, generally speaking. I do carry ritual implements and such, and many of them are handmade and/or not of the kind you'd find elsewhere. If you use Instagram, check out @theblackgoatokc or facebook.com/theblackgoatokc to have a peek inside.

6-unit apartment building coming to this area:

^this doesn't work with the aesthetic of the neighborhood at all.

Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    ^this doesn't work with the aesthetic of the neighborhood at all.
    similar to the buildings on either side and the apts a 1/4 block to the north ..

Toast & Coffee Opened This Morning in The Uptown! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	17405Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17405Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17405

Thread Information