Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 222324252627
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Governor Stitt - Surprising Start

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Most polls suggest that Medicare recipients are happy with their coverage.
    No wonder. Medicare is nationalized health insurance, not nationalized health care. So let's give Medicare For All a try. If you want to keep participation by private health care companies, then call it Medicare For All Advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Most polls suggest that Medicare recipients are happy with their coverage.
    Medicare is just health care coverage, not health care.

If you want an example of government provided health care look into how efficient and cost effective the VA is.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Medicare is just health care coverage, not health care.

If you want an example of government provided health care look into how efficient and cost effective the VA is.
    Hence my use of the word "coverage". I think the original quote was basically that the feds couldn't do anything right.
    And while the VA is a whole new kettle of fish, I would remind everyone that they pay the salaries of medical residents. The VA is also a major way that we are able to pay for foreign medical graduates to continue training. And the feds run all of that.

Back to the state level, if you look at the testing breakdown of who's running the test kits, it's mainly private for profit labs. OU still hasn't been signed off on as of April 3 report so no tests reported. When Stitt said 10,000 kits, he neglected to report who was going to run them or comment on sensitivity and specificity. Not every lab is running the same testing protocols. Wanna see what it looks like when we don't fund the major research universities and the state department of health? This is what it looks like- minimal reportable testing.

There are 15,000 plus kits available in state.
    OU can run zero
    OSU can run 145
    OSDH can run 551
    All other labs are private. And you can bet if I am a private lab, I'm billing somebody for the tests, even if it's not the patient.

Medicare is simply a set of guidelines created years ago that Private business carries out. Its not exactly something the Feds "do" and given an opportunity could still be done a lot better because it doesn't cover a lot of things so people have to buy outside, privately created supplemental policies.

As for the VA, there is nothing about it's mismanagement that is recent. Facility management across the country have lied for years about their performance and levels of care. Waste, graft and complete incompetence has been rampant. Thevresult are a few "retirements" and replacements but never prosecutions. Even the VA chief who lied to Congress got to retire with full benefits.

How much did the VA spend on the construction project at the OKC hospital before construction was simply halted? How much was the budget for that project? How about Denver? Budgeted at $600 million it's finally done at $1.7 billion and years late. Even after completion, it still doesn't have room for some of the clinical things the hospital needed so they were still at the old facility last I heard. How about PTSD diagnosis and treatment? How about those backlogs?

The Feds do 0 at a high quality level.

How much did the VA spend on the construction project at the OKC hospital before construction was simply halted? How much was the budget for that project? How about Denver? Budgeted at $600 million it's finally done at $1.7 billion and years late.
    if coming in over a construction budget multiple times is your strongest claim (since it is the first one you mentioned), to show that the Fed do 0 at a high quality level... i hate to break it to you, but that would also mean the Private Sector also does 0 at a high quality level.... Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    if coming in over a construction budget multiple times is your strongest claim (since it is the first one you mentioned), to show that the Fed do 0 at a high quality level... i hate to break it to you, but that would also mean the Private Sector also does 0 at a high quality level.... Just sayin...
    I'd hold that thought until the stimulus payments get out. Please don't hold your breath as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    That makes no sense.

That makes no sense.
    i'm not saying the private sector does 0 at high quality level... i'm saying that if that is your benchmark, you are saying that... because private hospitals have come in over budget on construction way more often than they have hit budget. and you felt the need to make that your first statement as to make your point...

so yes, i agree it makes no sense, because your original statement also made no sense... that is what i was trying to show... so i guess point proven.

Thread Information