Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rocklahoma 2019 lineup announced

Default Rocklahoma 2019 lineup announced

Pretty solid:

Ozzy, Disturbed, Shinedown, Bush, Seether, In This Moment, Steel Panther, Jackyl, Asking Alexandria, TEch N9ne, Blackberry Smoke, Buckcherry, Beartooth, Sevendust and Black Stone Cherry. There are obviously other band playing, but those are the top tier of the shows.

This is a lot better than the last couple of years, in my opinion.

Default Re: Rocklahoma 2019 lineup announced

Solid???? I must be getting really old, I have heard of only one of those. I'm sure it is a good line up.

Eh, I'm old (53), but I've heard of 12 of those, only actually *heard* about 4 or 5 of them, though. Ace Frehley and Lita Ford are there too, kinda sad they're not higher up on the bill, but I guess their 15 minutes is almost up. Does seem solid, just not my kind of metal...

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Solid???? I must be getting really old, I have heard of only one of those. I'm sure it is a good line up.
    Ha ha, hear ya. I'm 64 and Ozzy is it for me for who I have heard of. Of course I know Ace and Lita as well.
    ***correction, I heard of Buckcherry but could not name 1 of their tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Ha ha, hear ya. I'm 64 and Ozzy is it for me for who I have heard of. Of course I know Ace and Lita as well.
    ***correction, I heard of Buckcherry but could not name 1 of their tunes.
    yup, I am 56 and Ozzy is the only one I know.....Jackyl on the list sounds familiar to me,....but if Ace is going to be there, I may go just to check him out!

Although Ace won't be with them, I don't think, but KISS is coming to OKC on their final farewell tour, I may have to pass on that to....but tempting.

yup, I am 56 and Ozzy is the only one I know.....Jackyl on the list sounds familiar to me,....but if Ace is going to be there, I may go just to check him out!

Although Ace won't be with them, I don't think, but KISS is coming to OKC on their final farewell tour, I may have to pass on that to....but tempting.
    Please, please, please don't give Gene Simmons any more money, he's a scumbag and rich enough already. Neither Peter nor Ace are going to be there, so it's not really KISS, IMO.

I agree, when Peter left it was just never the same for me. Then when Ace left it was just a Gene and Paul show and has been ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Please, please, please don't give Gene Simmons any more money, he's a scumbag and rich enough already. Neither Peter nor Ace are going to be there, so it's not really KISS, IMO.
    How is Gene a scumbag? He did what he had to do to keep the KISS empire rolling along, Ace and Peter were addicts and highly dysfunctional. Anyways about the show and Kiss, would only be interested in seeing Ozzy and Steel Panther. Already donated to the cause and saw KISS in 79 with all original members, no need to see them again plus Paul's voice is shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    How is Gene a scumbag? He did what he had to do to keep the KISS empire rolling along, Ace and Peter were addicts and highly dysfunctional. Anyways about the show and Kiss, would only be interested in seeing Ozzy and Steel Panther. Already donated to the cause and saw KISS in 79 with all original members, no need to see them again plus Paul's voice is shot.
    This google search:

https://www.google.com/search?client...immons+scumbag

First result for me was the one from metalblast.net, can't post the link 'cos it's got a banned word in it and won't work, read on from there. Main reason for me is his unadulterated massive greed, this quote from that article sums it up quite nicely:

"It’s not that, as a musician, Gene Simmons p*sses on your leg and tells you it’s raining; it’s that he p*sses on your leg and charges your for washing your pants."

I saw 'em in 1977 on the Alive 2/Love Gun tour, and then again, regrettably, in 1983 (but the Plasmatics redeemed that show), have never felt any desire to see them again.

And now for something completely different - Ace's autobiography is fantastic reading!

Just wondering how many final farewell tours has kiss done? Could have sworn they did one about 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    This google search:

https://www.google.com/search?client...immons+scumbag

First result for me was the one from metalblast.net, can't post the link 'cos it's got a banned word in it and won't work, read on from there. Main reason for me is his unadulterated massive greed, this quote from that article sums it up quite nicely:

"It’s not that, as a musician, Gene Simmons p*sses on your leg and tells you it’s raining; it’s that he p*sses on your leg and charges your for washing your pants."

I saw 'em in 1977 on the Alive 2/Love Gun tour, and then again, regrettably, in 1983 (but the Plasmatics redeemed that show), have never felt any desire to see them again.

And now for something completely different - Ace's autobiography is fantastic reading!

Sure he ,loved women be it underage or not which was pretty much the norm given the time period. Ditto for Page, Nugent/etc. I salute him because he is a heckuva worker and the man turned a bunch of average{at best}musicians into on of the most popular bands in the word circa 77 or so. That being said yes he is greedy and has made some questionable comments in the past.
    As far as Ace goes I bet it is, he was always my favorite member and a influence to pick up a guitar during those early years. Glad to see he has his **** together currently.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Just wondering how many final farewell tours has kiss done? Could have sworn they did one about 15 years ago.
    Technically only 2, the one around 2001 and the current/upcoming one.

Speaking of Rocklahoma{or Roklahoma} anyone see this in Sept 1980.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10639543_10203688771753683_3512767791454248918_n-640x640.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	15128

It was quite warm that day and Cheech and Chong were supposed to be the MC's but backed out at the last minute. The show in order was Sam Hagar/Pat Benatar/VanHalen/Doobie Brothers. Sam was forgetabble, Benatar was very good, VH was stellar and the Doobies learned never to follow VH as people left by the 100s after VH played. It was like comparing a jet plane to a pinto.

Thread Information