Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Thunder Nick Collison's jersey to be retired...

Default Re: Mr. Thunder Nick Collison's jersey to be retired...

On my car I happen to have Thunder tag - THD - 0004. This series is the second generation of Thunder plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Collison didn't even live in OKC in the off-season and was critical of the teams move to OKC in the first place. He reportedly wasn't exactly a big fan of the city itself either. Which is fine, he's allowed to think whatever he wants! He was an important part of the team during his tenure here and he played hard, so I think it's a nice gesture that his number is getting retired.

But I agree with Dan that Collison being known as an integral part of the city/community is a bit far since a lot of other past players were more involved than he was.
    The only report of Collison not liking OKC was from Jim Traber wildly overreacting to a tweet about Oklahoma weather (in August!). Collison even called into the station to clear things up. You'll notice that the Thunder don't play nice with the Sports Animal. I'd bet it's likely because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    The only report of Collison not liking OKC was from Jim Traber wildly overreacting to a tweet about Oklahoma weather (in August!). Collison even called into the station to clear things up. You'll notice that the Thunder don't play nice with the Sports Animal. I'd bet it's likely because of that.
    I remember this. He said it was hotter than he was used to in Seattle, but that's how summers are in the South, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I remember this. He said it was hotter than he was used to in Seattle, but that's how summers are in the South, end of story.
    Exactly, and it was literally the month that they moved from Seattle. Not many people who could fly from 100+ degree weather in Oklahoma to a perfect 75 in upstate Washington and not at least notice the insane difference. I assume the team told Nick to call and clear things up with their new radio partner, but caveman Traber just couldn't let it go. It was pretty embarrassing.

Thread Information