Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downtown- Daily Lunch Specials

Default Downtown- Daily Lunch Specials

Have just recently taken a position with a company, and I office downtown. I am familiar with most of the great food choices downtown/midtown/bricktown areas. However, I was hoping everyone could possibly chime in, with any lesser known "lunch specials" or must hit spots for lunch, that might typically not be advertised. I'm open to ANY kind of food, and i have enjoyed myself so far...but just looking to get good food, (non chain/fast food) without spending $25 everyday at lunch. Any and all input is welcome.

Default Re: Downtown- Daily Lunch Specials

Nebu in the Devon complex.

Great variety, good food, reasonable prices and they always have lunch specials.

I love https://okcfoodcourt.com/ - in the lower floor of the Robinson Renaissance building at Robinson and Park! Lots of options, huge helpings, and really cheap.

Thai Kitchen, Hot Tamale, Park Harvey Sushi bar, Italian Express, Sweets & Eats, Richies, Cool Greens, Snow Pea,

Edited to add a couple more: Health Nut, Nourished, Fit Pig, the Leadership square options including City Bites, Old School Bagel, and the ground floor cafe.

If these are in line with what you are wanting I'll think about if there are any I've missed.

5. Default Re: Downtown- Daily Lunch Specials

Quote Originally Posted by Pryor Tiger View Post
    I love https://okcfoodcourt.com/ - in the lower floor of the Robinson Renaissance building at Robinson and Park! Lots of options, huge helpings, and really cheap.
    Agree with the food court... Being keto makes it difficult for me to grab anything quick but I walked down there to the tag agency to renew my DL last month and went the to Mexican place in the food court and was able to get a quick and filling steak taco bowl.

Richie's in Oklahoma Tower

Blog Entries

not strictly lunch, but 1492 tacos are half-price all day/night for taco tuesdays

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    Richie's in Oklahoma Tower
    Lebanese specials on Thursdays. 👍

China Chef in the underground is good and is about $7-8 for a buffet and drink.

I am on west side of downtown so these are more that area. None of these places are particularly expensive. I'm personally not a fan of Joeys Pizza in Film Row but it is popular and a lot of people have good reviews of it. I believe they do slices at lunch. There is also a small sandwich shop on corner of Sheridan and Lee. Coney Island on Main when your want to be unhealthy (but it is so good) There is Taste of Korea at Sheridan and Western. Very good but get there early before busy or you will have a wait for food to come out. At Western and Reno, you have Sweiss Greek (Gyros). Cattleman's is a quick jump over the exchange bridge to the stockyards

Getting a little further out is Thai House at 23 and Walker. They have a great lunch buffet. (the fried pork and the spring rolls are the bomb). Worth the trip up Walker for lunch.

Ground floor cafe in Leadership Square. Great breakfasts and lunches.

Hobby’s Hoagies on Walker and Dean McGee is pretty good.

Thai Kitchen on McGee and Hudson is good and cheap.

Edit: And I have to throw in my support for Richie’s as well.

Everyone has pretty much already stated all the good ones. Consider getting a streetcar pass to open your options even further. Also consider a potential move to downtown to enjoy an awesome experience of work/live of the entire area.

I didn't see Cafe 7 so I'll throw that out there. Though they did just change their Keep It Local deal from a free drink to 10%, you can still get out of there for under 10$ easily, and I quite enjoy a few of their rotating weekly specials.

Lots of folks also like Petro Deli in the ground floor of the Chase/Cotter Ranch/BancFirst tower. They have some pretty good salads.

Definitely get a street car pass and open up your options. If so, Yuzo and Magasin Table in automobile alley might be my two favorite places to eat right now. Yuzo easily has the best poke bowl in town, ramen is very good too. Starting to think Magasin Table has the best pho in town. Don’t think they have many lunch specials, so you’ll be spending anywhere from $10-$20 for lunch depending on what you get.

Just thought I'd revisit this thread, after 3 months of good eats. I feel like I've been just about everywhere in Midtown/Downtown. I'm very happy with the selection, but looking back, I'm still spending anywhere between $13-$16 on lunch every single day. I know that's no big deal for all the Millionaires here on OKCTalk...but I'm still looking for a better way. I have yet to find any "daily specials" that I am searching for. Basically, I would love to be able to map out, daily specials, where one day a week, there might be a restaurant that offers up a special that cant be beat. And then hopefully be able to make an entire week rotation, utilizing these specials.

So, would just ask...when your taking in your favorite lunch spot....and come across a special....please post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Just thought I'd revisit this thread, after 3 months of good eats. I feel like I've been just about everywhere in Midtown/Downtown. I'm very happy with the selection, but looking back, I'm still spending anywhere between $13-$16 on lunch every single day. I know that's no big deal for all the Millionaires here on OKCTalk...but I'm still looking for a better way. I have yet to find any "daily specials" that I am searching for. Basically, I would love to be able to map out, daily specials, where one day a week, there might be a restaurant that offers up a special that cant be beat. And then hopefully be able to make an entire week rotation, utilizing these specials.

So, would just ask...when your taking in your favorite lunch spot....and come across a special....please post it here.
    Lunch under $13? Getting tough to find but if you drink water with lunch...you can get there. A lot of the places in the basement of Robinson Renaissance https://okcfoodcourt.com/ will have specials under $10. There is a City Bites and couple of places in leadership square that will be in that price range. Had lunch today at Thai House buffet at 23/western and it was $11.24 for buffet with water. You can have coney dogs at Coney Island and a drink and come in well under $10. There is a chinese restaurant in the Conncourse but do not know how much their buffet is. Sweiss at western and reno is easy to be under $10.
    Last edited by Jeepnokc; 04-22-2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added sweiss

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    You need to try Richies. Great specials at good prices. Try Thursday for Lebanese specials. Most specials are $8.95 and a few $9.95.

I think their Facebook page has their daily specials posted.

Don't remember the exact price of the buffet but you should be well under $13, if not well under $10, at Italian Express if drinking water.

$10 Coney Island enough said.

Fridays at NEBU all downtown employees get 20% off "Well" (i.e. healthy) options.

Blog Entries

how do they validate downtown employment?

23. Default Re: Downtown- Daily Lunch Specials

I eat in the downtown area frequently and I prefer not to spend a lot. My goto places for 'cheaper' eats are; Italian Express (buffet for under $10), Planet Sub, Richies (burger, fries and drink $8.95), late lunches at GoGo Sushi for 1/2 price rolls and there are some good lunch specials under $10 (not downtown, but close by in Midtown).

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    how do they validate downtown employment?
    Honor system. When you walk past the "Integrity" plaque in the center of the Devon rotunda it renders you incapable of falsehoods.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Fridays at NEBU all downtown employees get 20% off "Well" (i.e. healthy) options.
    Thought it was just Devon employees?

Thread Information