Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edmond Railyard

Default Re: Edmond Railyard

I believe this also has the Cities Ice Cream "pop-up" for Christmas? It is the same outfit as Capitals Ice Cream.

The mural looks amazing IRL. Edmond does a nice job with outdoor art.

Gogi Go is now open in this development.

4. Default Re: Edmond Railyard

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I believe this also has the Cities Ice Cream "pop-up" for Christmas? It is the same outfit as Capitals Ice Cream.
    Stopped here back during the holidays. Not real impressed. Vanilla ice cream with your choice of stuff mixed in for like, $6. Need way more choices.

I don't want to be negative about this location but I don't see how they can survive due to the lack of foot traffic or other downtown activities that would bring people to this location. I hope the restaurants in there have deep pockets to sustain them until things pick up. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    I don't want to be negative about this location but I don't see how they can survive due to the lack of foot traffic or other downtown activities that would bring people to this location. I hope the restaurants in there have deep pockets to sustain them until things pick up. Yikes.
    They have a nice big parking lot in the back. I suspect they will do fine and it is a good destination for families. I am just excited as hell for the new bar with an upstairs cigar lounge. I will frequent that place a lot.

I'm guessing when spring gets here and the Farmers Market opens again then more foot traffic will be helpful to the Railyard. But during these midwinter days when no one is out and about I worry they'll get much business to cover their overhead. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They have a nice big parking lot in the back. I suspect they will do fine and it is a good destination for families. I am just excited as hell for the new bar with an upstairs cigar lounge. I will frequent that place a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Man, I stopped in last night and went to the Wings Place. I'm lazy, I should scroll up to finf the name. But I won't. It's owned by the Eddie's Bar and Grill in the old Ramada Inn on 2nd street that's now housing for UCO students. Anyway... It was awesome. Wings were fantastic. They have they pickle flavored dry rub that I tried and they were INCREDIBLE.

But anyway, I talked to two of the workers. This entire building is really badass. I was there at about 7:30 and all 3 open places were pretty packed. There's Wings, Pizza, Gogi-Go and then two places they aren't open yet, a taco place and a BBQ/Grill place. Should have taken photos but I've forgotten the name. Also, the biggest space is going to be a wine bar and a cigar bar upstairs that's owned by The Patriach.

Then the patio in the back, which fronts the train tracks is just huge. It's not 100% done yet, but there's probably seating for 200 or so people, then a separate area for corn hole and what looks like bocce ball maybe.

I definitely encourage you guys to check it out. Total home run. It's beautiful.

Very, very encouraging! Thanks for sharing and for the pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Man, I stopped in last night and went to the Wings Place. I'm lazy, I should scroll up to finf the name. But I won't. It's owned by the Eddie's Bar and Grill in the old Ramada Inn on 2nd street that's now housing for UCO students. Anyway... It was awesome. Wings were fantastic. They have they pickle flavored dry rub that I tried and they were INCREDIBLE.

But anyway, I talked to two of the workers. This entire building is really badass. I was there at about 7:30 and all 3 open places were pretty packed. There's Wings, Pizza, Gogi-Go and then two places they aren't open yet, a taco place and a BBQ/Grill place. Should have taken photos but I've forgotten the name. Also, the biggest space is going to be a wine bar and a cigar bar upstairs that's owned by The Patriach.

Then the patio in the back, which fronts the train tracks is just huge. It's not 100% done yet, but there's probably seating for 200 or so people, then a separate area for corn hole and what looks like bocce ball maybe.

I definitely encourage you guys to check it out. Total home run. It's beautiful.

There are so many current and future projects happening in downtown that traffic won’t be an issue long term. The additions of Sunnyside and The Mule have been a huge success. Frenzy Brewery and Blocworks (bouldering facility) are getting close to opening, and there are others with big projects waiting in the wings.

I know there's the UCO Jazz Lab, but I'm hoping this momentum will somehow translate to Edmond getting a decent venue.

This is 1884; will be a large bar and upstairs will be a cigar lounge. Same group that runs Patriarch and Social Capital.

Just beyond the doors at the rear is that huge covered patio area.

El Camino Taqueria is now open.

1884 has opened. Photos from their Facebook page:

Went here recently and I have to say I was a little underwhelmed, especially when compared to the Parlor or Collective. First, I didnt like how each restaurant had their own store fronts and not just open to the "hall." It kind of takes away from any potential liveliness, activity and interaction. And if you do want to sit out in the "hall", which there are tables for, it was very cold, not just the temperature but the vibe. Its a very cold and stark setting. Same for the 1884 bar, although it wasnt open but thats how it appeared. They did have some radiant heaters in the hall but they werent on, and maybe that had some effect on my opinion of it. Maybe the temps and lack of people (wasnt very busy) contributed to the cold and stark feeling of the space.
    I dont have a critique of the food since its places that have been around in a truck or has another location, but they could use a healthier food restaurant.
    It really needs some more development around it and denser housing nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    . First, I didnt like how each restaurant had their own store fronts and not just open to the "hall." It kind of takes away from any potential liveliness, activity and interaction. And if you do want to sit out in the "hall", which there are tables for, it was very cold, not just the temperature but the vibe.
    I've heard a pretty similar complaint from a few others. It sounds like the polar opposite of the Parlor, which I really think nailed the open seating concept.

We tried 1884 last night. Great spot for drinks.

Great spot for kids as well, which if you live in Edmond you likely have them.

BlueJ's is now open. Menus are from their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...84096816324536

I must be hungry because that Cheesy Pig sounds pretty good right now.

Was very busy this weekend.

That is fairly good to see. I was a bit worried that this place was enough of an experiment that the quarantine would manage to kill it.

^

This was around 11AM on a Sunday, a time you wouldn't expect to be that busy.

I suspect the weekdays are slow but the weekends are very busy. All the food places had several people in line.

25. Default Re: Edmond Railyard

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

This was around 11AM on a Sunday, a time you wouldn't expect to be that busy.

I suspect the weekdays are slow but the weekends are very busy. All the food places had several people in line.
    Was there about 90 minutes after this photo was shot on Sunday, they hosted a church service out there (see the set-up for audio, etc.) and a table was hard to come by about noon since the packed house for the worship service just stayed and had lunch. We were there with a group of 12 and had a hard time finding a table--and they have several HUGE picnic tables that seat at least a dozen. But yeah, it was good to see it busy.

Thread Information