Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It seems like some places prefer not to do much market analysis themselves, and tend to ride off larger businesses market analysis
    That makes sense, just wish it wasn't like that.

Seems like the airport missed out on not getting WalMart on their side of the highway.

Holy cow.

So, I went to the BWW on NW Expressway last night. Arrived around 6 and just about every seat in the place was taken, both in the dining areas and the two bars.

I ended up staying until about 10PM and it was *still* pretty packed at that late hour on a Tuesday night!

I just goes to show the hunger for sports bars in this town. Someone is going to figure that out and make a fortune.

Back before the one in Yukon opened up my buddies and I would go to the one on SW3rd street at least once a month for a guys night. Always sat in the bar, and always packed.

Once the Yukon on opened up we started going there, because they all live in Yukon so I was odd man out in that decision, but outside of the first couple of months, it's not really that busy anymore. We go at least once a month, always on a Friday and most times the bar is only ever half full.

I find this surprising because usually my experience is exactly like your's Pete, they are packed. Haven't been back to the SW3rd one, although I think next time they are throwing me a bone and going to that one, so we'll see if it's not as packed and maybe the people that regularly went are just now split between the locations.

But I agree with your comment about good sports bars. I think someone could open a premium experience and get people to come out.

I forgot, did we chalk up fat dog to being in the wrong area?

I think someone can and will succeed in the Fat Dog space.

Those operators were from the Greens and apart from luring their friends down every once in a while, they never built a loyal, local following which is what it takes anywhere near the core.

And Fat Dog was certainly not a sports bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think someone can and will succeed in the Fat Dog space.

Those operators were from the Greens and apart from luring their friends down every once in a while, they never built a loyal, local following which is what it takes anywhere near the core.

And Fat Dog was certainly not a sports bar.
    I'm still a fan of BWW and take advantage of Wing Tuesday all the time. To me, Chick n Beer is a great alternative. Their prices are much better than BWW's on regular days. Cool environment and really excellent food. That said, I'd hate for CnB to fall into the fast-casual trap of expanding to a 20 page menu. Would be cool if they franchised like wing stop.

I absolutely love Chick n Beer and it's become one of my regular places, even though I'm not much of a wing fan in general.

But plenty of interesting things on the CnB menu plus I love the setting.

This town and state just loves sports in general.

Default Buffalo Wild Wings on Danforth & Santa Fe has closed.

Via Edmondite Facebook.

“2019 has claimed its first restaurant. Buffalo Wild Wings at Danforth & Santa Fe has announced the closing of that location with the intent to build another in west Edmond. Will you miss this BDub?”.

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings on Danforth & Santa Fe has closed.

Well I can walk there from my house so from that standpoint yes. However, I rarely go there due to the smoke. I’m guessing they build a stand alone location and go completely non smoking.

I wonder if it was a planned closing after the new one went in on I35 among all that new stuff. We went when it opened a long time ago in that strip center well before they started building their stand alone buildings.

I was there about six months ago and the bartender said they were closing and moving to Memorial road (I believe in the Western area, but not sure). So, it's nothing new except for folks that hadn't been told.
    C. T.

Well, if they move over to Memorial Road that would be a better fit, especially if they decided to go non-smoking. However, I am surprised that they just decided to close first, instead of doing what Outback did which was close after the new Memorial Road store opened.

If they are moving to western/memorial that’s too bad for Edmond. Just another lost/failed restaurant.

Reminder there is a new, incredibly busy BWW at I-35 and 15th in Edmond.

We used to go to this BWW all the time when we lived up on Bryant and Ayers in Edmond a couple of years ago. Thankfully, we have a closer one where we live now!

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    We used to go to this BWW all the time when we lived up on Bryant and Ayers in Edmond a couple of years ago. Thankfully, we have a closer one where we live now!
    This may be the big thing here. How much of their business shifted to I-35? Also, I've thought it was unusual that Edmond had two, when Norman and Moore have one each, and Oklahoma City only has 2 (or 3 - can't recall). Based on how they operate elsewhere, they seem to like a decent spread between locations.

Memorial and Western would be a good location for them, with Main Event, Top Golf, Costco and such.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Memorial and Western would be a good location for them, with Main Event, Top Golf, Costco and such.
    Buffalo Wild Wings at Danforth and Santa Fe was a "big fish in a decent sized pond". There was plenty of population in west Edmond and NW OKC that could go to this Buffalo Wild Wings and avoid Memorial road between Western and Portland. I could understand moving from the strip center to a better stand alone location in west Edmond, but moving to Western and Memorial is just a flood of an already crowded restaurant row. With nothing that makes it a destination dining place, and stiffer competition from everything else along that stretch of road.

The winner on BWW closing in west Edmond...Hudson's at 192nd and Louie's at 178th and Western.

Reminder there is a new, incredibly busy BWW at I-35 and 15th in Edmond.
    Reminder here though, these were clear across Edmond from each other. Surely we have all driven all the way across Edmond, right? Damn near takes 30 minutes. It's a huge hassle. I don't think this closed because two Edmond locations is bad, but because they think they have a better West Edmond/North OKC location lined up.

Anyway, I live within walking distance of this location. Last August, over a year ago, the manager on duty at the time told me they'd be closing on the near future. So this has been planned. And the food was no where near as... "fresh" maybe? as the food at the BWW on I-35. I really hope their move doesn't take them to Memorial. I hope it actually stays in West Edmond. Everytime I went there (which was frequently) it was busy. Even after the rumors of their closing had been passed around.

I know the one at Danforth & Santa Fe was quite old and they had passed on updating it, as it was always the plan to build new, just farther west.

I know the one at Danforth & Santa Fe was quite old and they had passed on updating it, as it was always the plan to build new, just farther west.
    Yeah it was VERY outdated in there. This BWW opened up probably in the very early 2000's, maybe even the late 1990's and has absolutely not been touched since.

I'd like to see them build over by the Henry Hudson's Pubhouse on Danforth and Western. Rather than Memorial. But that's just because I'd like them to stay closer to that area for selfish reasons, haha.

I imagine the new BWW will either be somewhere along Memorial or on HWY 77/Portland. Besides NW Expressway there really isn't any North OKC coverage.

They originally looked at Rockwell & Memorial but that didn't work out.

Now, won't be that far west.

I think it's time to talk to my friends at Pluckers about opening up a location here. By far the best wings place I've ever been.

Thread Information