Thread: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Absolutely love that.

Any possibility LA-OKC gets this?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Any possibility LA-OKC gets this?
    Doubtful. Okc-lax isn’t a direct on United. American and sw(?) are the directs

This new aircraft layout is pretty exciting. I haven't been this excited for a regional jet since the time that Delta started flying the CRJ-200 into my airport when I was in college. (I worked for a bit w/ Delta and we started getting the CRJ-200 with COMAIR. Before, we were always an ATR-72 shop to ATL and a BAE flight to CVG). So, this is something to be excited for.

I may fly the route just for this aircraft type

5. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Here's a bit more info on the new CRJ550:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...-class-crj550/

6. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Looks like we currently have four daily flights on United to ORD. Two are on a CRJ-200 and two are on a ERJ-170. This was looking at today's flight schedule. As long as they are replacing one (or both) of the CRJ-200 flights with the CRJ-550 this is very good news. If they cut an ERJ-170 flight for this then it would certainly be a net loss in seats, and maybe net loss overall. I assume the CRJ-550 will only be staffed by one flight attendant; the ERJ-170 has two. While there's more availability for upgrades on the CRJ-550 the overall flying experience on the ERJ-170 is superior to any CRJ in my opinion.

I think it’s worthy to point out here that the CJR550 is based on maybe the safest jet in air passenger history, the CJR700. The thing flies everywhere around the globe and has since 1999 without a single fatality - ever.

I’m not excited about the sale of the CJR program to Mitsubishi.
    In fact, does anybody know when they take actual control of all future development?

8. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Crj*

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Crj*
    Thank you!
    I do it EVERYTIME!
    i tell my wife about this very thing and other similar things that prove I have, have to be dyslexic!

Getting slightly off topic - but my personal opinion is that the CRJ program is dead with the sale to Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi is in a tight corner where they don’t have any Western influence on sales. This RJ market has been dominated by Bombardier and Embraer for 20-30 years.

What they gain by the sale is the sunset of the CRJ line but more importantly gaining the supply chain and customer (airline) confidence of the established Bombardier Rolodex. Buying an airplane is a 20 year commitment that engineering support, parts, and product improvement packages (PIPs) will be available for the lifespan of the airframe. Mitsubishi has been unable to convince airlines that they will be around (in the commercial aircraft sector) to support the frames for the entire duration of the frame. Airlines will stick with what they know. They can call Bombardier or Embraer at any time of day or night and talk to Steve in engineering and get the ball rolling. They’ve worked with steve many years and he has always come through with getting a fix through engineering and inspection and getting oddball repairs fixed. The airlines don’t have that relationship with Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi gains that “conduit” of trust by purchasing the CRJ line. I imagine all that they will gain from this will be the purchase of trust. They have the technology. They need the western supply chain and Steve from engineering.

Looks like the CRJ550 will operate the 1105am dep to ORD, the booking engine still shows a CR2 code however it has the CR5 seatmap.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Doubtful. Okc-lax isn’t a direct on United. American and sw(?) are the directs
    AA and G4 are the only airlines serving OKC-LAX nonstop. WN does not have any nonstops from here to any LA airport that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    AA and G4 are the only airlines serving OKC-LAX nonstop. WN does not have any nonstops from here to any LA airport that I'm aware of.
    Surprisingly the furthest "Southwest" goes from either OKC or TUL are Phoenix and Las Vegas. Seems like they could do LAX, SAN or OAK and maybe will at some point. It would definitely be nice for Hawaii connections.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Yikes. I was hoping Delta's numbers would continue to improve as I want them to add LGA.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Surprisingly the furthest "Southwest" goes from either OKC or TUL are Phoenix and Las Vegas. Seems like they could do LAX, SAN or OAK and maybe will at some point. It would definitely be nice for Hawaii connections.
    Co-worker couldn't get ant Southwest connections to Hawaii from OKC for a trip we're on right now. He booked United instead... I thought it was interesting/odd. A west coast Southwest connection would certainly help Hawaii trips.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Co-worker couldn't get ant Southwest connections to Hawaii from OKC for a trip we're on right now. He booked United instead... I thought it was interesting/odd. A west coast Southwest connection would certainly help Hawaii trips.
    I’ve heard you have to book the Hawaii flight round trip, then the okc-lax (for example) trip. It’s a system deal that it can’t handle it. That’s what the sw agents in STL told me.

I’ve heard you have to book the Hawaii flight round trip, then the okc-lax (for example) trip. It’s a system deal that it can’t handle it. That’s what the sw agents in STL told me.
    IRRC WN's Hawaii flights leave the West Coast very early in the morning, too early to allow for connections from points east, especially OKC which would require a connection/stop on the way to the gateway. For some reason they've stuck to this schedule and not added any later in the day flights to Hawaii, which would enable connections from other cities. The MAX grounding probably isn't helping.

Beginning tomorrow (10/29) LAX arriving passengers wanting a taxi or rideshare vehicle will have to meet them at a pickup lot. This is intended to reduce congestion at the nation's second busiest airport. Passengers leaving LAX may still be dropped at the terminal by a taxi or rideshare vehicle. Is OKC doing OK in terms of congestion that may require a similar arrangement - a centralized pickup point? https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ickup-terminal

Blog Entries

Yes, ride share has to pick up from upstairs instead of downstairs. There are sign posts with the uber/lyft logos on them.

SW extended their schedule today, notice any changes catch?

SW extended their schedule today, notice any changes catch?
    Certainly no new routes, but I haven’t looked at the actual schedule to see if any frequencies changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Beginning tomorrow (10/29) LAX arriving passengers wanting a taxi or rideshare vehicle will have to meet them at a pickup lot. This is intended to reduce congestion at the nation's second busiest airport. Passengers leaving LAX may still be dropped at the terminal by a taxi or rideshare vehicle. Is OKC doing OK in terms of congestion that may require a similar arrangement - a centralized pickup point? https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ickup-terminal
    It’s been a complete sh!t show and complaints all across the board though you wouldn’t know according to LAX’s twitter. I suspect it gets reversed soon but then again when did CA gvmt ever give a sh!t. Once the APM is up and running along with the Crenshaw ext it should help a ton but that isn’t until 2022 along with new CONRAC.

Heard a crazy rumor the other day regarding WN. This is highly doubtful, but just checking to see if there is any validity.

Someone mentioned they are going to have a direct flight from OKC to Hawaii. Only reason I see any validity in this is the congestion at Love Field in Dallas. Any chance of this actually occurring?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Heard a crazy rumor the other day regarding WN. This is highly doubtful, but just checking to see if there is any validity.

Someone mentioned they are going to have a direct flight from OKC to Hawaii. Only reason I see any validity in this is the congestion at Love Field in Dallas. Any chance of this actually occurring?
    0%

Thread Information