Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
That means the training in a 3rd world country (or even a developing country) is the same as here in the US (or other 1st world countries)? If so, then yes. But I doubt they have the access to the same training and expertise that US pilots do.
What kind of question is that? I seriously don't even know how to answer that. You guys really think that Ethiopian Airlines and Air India (as an example) are putting pilots behind the controls of a 777 or A350 (or any modern jet!) that aren't qualified? Is that some kind of joke? How do you think airlines such as ET train their crews on flying the latest Airbus and Boeing jets? Does Boeing send some kind of stripped down 3rd world poor country simulator to them to train on? How do you think airlines in developing countries carry out maintenance? Do they not use the same manuals and protocols that Boeing and Airbus do? Or do they have a special poor country manual just for them? You think Boeing and Airbus are just selling hundreds of the newest jets to these airlines in developing countries, then providing zero support on how to actually fly and maintain them? The level of ignorance here is astounding to say the least. But not surprising actually. Not to mention that Ethiopian at least has many foreign pilots from Europe, India, etc. I'm sure European pilots would go fly for happily go fly for Ethiopian even if their safety standards weren't up to par, right?