Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

^^
    I received notice of a schedule change yesterday. The early PHL flight is gone. Looks like the later flight is at 12:53 except for Saturday, where it moves to 15:13. In my case, the change worked great. Now I get the flights that were only available with a Business AAnytime Award for a MileSAAver rate.

2. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Duplicate Post

Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Also just curious what everyone thinks about the recent Miami Air incident in Jacksonville? I know it's early and we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I just find it interesting that no one is attacking the national origin of these pilots, or which country they trained in! Fascinating.

My opinion is that the Max grounding and Miami Air runway excursion are not related to OKC and should be in their own thread.

AA adds OKC-MIA effective Dec 18. E175 daily.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    That is a very good get! And more proof that AA views OKC very highly. If this does well, I would expect a flight to LaGuardia in 2020.

8. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

very awesome and yes, appears LGA is all that's left for the AA portfolio.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Wow - daily year round to MIA is a legit add! Curious to see if PHL actually returns to 2x daily or will it just stay at 1x daily. Catch, any idea about the flight times for OKC-MIA? Didn't see them on a.net either.

10. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

that got me thinking, what other major cities does OKC not have non-stop service to and who would be the airline that could do it. List is getting shorter and shorter!

Austin ?
    Boston
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland - United
    Indianapolis
    Louisville
    Memphis
    Milwaukee
    Nashville - American
    New Orleans
    New York - JFK
    New York - LGA
    Oakland - Alaska
    Pittsburgh
    Portland - Alaska
    San Antonio
    San Diego
    Tampa

likely very wishful thinking, but I'd also like to see some level of service to smaller cities such as:

Albuquerque
    Billings
    Boise
    Des Moines
    El Paso
    Irvine
    Little Rock
    Omaha
    Spokane
    Tulsa
    Wichita

HangryHippo Guest

At some point we’ve got to see either NYC or Boston added, no?

And I keep hoping (selfishly) for New Orleans!

12. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I think best shot for MSY is Alliegiant

Good news for AA and good news for Oklahoma aviation. I actually wasn't expecting to see any new routes come this year from AA since the MAX issue has been tying up other aircraft. This destination add goes to show that the aviation demand may be stronger than many realize. The NE adds can't be more than 2 years off in my opinion.

Surely NK will look at entering OKC at some point? They don't seem to care much for "flyover" states though. G4 gives such places much more love it seems like.

Here's the initial schedule for the flights (as of right now) . Miami-bound flights are to depart at 5:22 a.m., arriving at 9:22 a.m.
    Oklahoma City-bound flights will leave Miami at 9:42 p.m. and arrive at Will Rogers at 12:22 a.m.

For those of us who just want to travel, can someone explain to me what MSY, NK and G4 mean?

17. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

MSY is New Orleans

NK and G4 are airline codes (I'm not sure which however ).

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    MSY is New Orleans

NK and G4 are airline codes (I'm not sure which however ).
    NK = International Air Transport Association (IATA) airline designator code for Spirit Airlines
    G4 = IATA airline designator code for Allegiant Air

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Here's the initial schedule for the flights (as of right now) . Miami-bound flights are to depart at 5:22 a.m., arriving at 9:22 a.m.
    Oklahoma City-bound flights will leave Miami at 9:42 p.m. and arrive at Will Rogers at 12:22 a.m.
    Interesting- much more geared toward Caribbean connections rather than Europe or South America which makes sense as I don't think OKC has a significant South American diaspora.

20. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Off the top of my head, I think those are good times. I've looked at a couple Caribbean locations for trips and could not make it work on AA with a stop in Charlotte because either (1) the flight back to Charlotte got there before the last flight back to OKC left or (2) the first flight out of OKC to Charlotte got there after the flight to the Island left. Similar story on Delta through Atlanta. Plain and simple, without this MIA flight there are Caribbean islands OKC residents can't get to with one stop. Glad we have it now. I'm sure my family and I will be on it for multiple vacations through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Off the top of my head, I think those are good times. I've looked at a couple Caribbean locations for trips and could not make it work on AA with a stop in Charlotte because either (1) the flight back to Charlotte got there before the last flight back to OKC left or (2) the first flight out of OKC to Charlotte got there after the flight to the Island left. Similar story on Delta through Atlanta. Plain and simple, without this MIA flight there are Caribbean islands OKC residents can't get to with one stop. Glad we have it now. I'm sure my family and I will be on it for multiple vacations through the years.
    Also makes it easy for long weekends in Miami. Fly in Friday morning and back home Sunday night. Will be great option in winter to get away from the cold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Also makes it easy for long weekends in Miami. Fly in Friday morning and back home Sunday night. Will be great option in winter to get away from the cold.
    this was exactly my thought

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Great add for OKC! Hopefully TUL can get its MIA flight back after the Saturday only service ended last August. Hoping to see some AA love up the turnpike with LAX restarting and PHL and MIA adds.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Great add for OKC! Hopefully TUL can get its MIA flight back after the Saturday only service ended last August. Hoping to see some AA love up the turnpike with LAX restarting and PHL and MIA adds.
    Eh, selfishly, in order for OKC's airport to truly excel, we don't need Tulsa getting the exact same flights. This helps OKC pull from Tulsa, thus increasing numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Eh, selfishly, in order for OKC's airport to truly excel, we don't need Tulsa getting the exact same flights. This helps OKC pull from Tulsa, thus increasing numbers.
    TUL also has XNA in close proximity which has several nonstops to places not served from TUL like LGA, SFO and now MIA as well. I think the cities are spread out enough that a lot of the same routes can be flown with OKC likely having higher frequencies due to its larger size.

Thread Information