Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Had my flight to Denver (noon flight last Thursday/CRJ200) canceled. Talked to United res and they told me that they would not be able to get me out of OKC until Saturday PM, 60 hours after my original flight.

I ended up going to Tulsa which had a few empty seats to Denver and was amazed that Tulsa has more United mainline to Denver right now compared to OKC. I know Tulsa doesn't have a few United routes that OKC has but was nice to see.

Thanks Tulsa for saving my vacation. Looks like OKC could replace that CRJ-200 noon flight w/ atleast a -700 if we're running that full right now.

^ I believe Southwest is now 3x daily to Denver from OKC while still 2x from Tulsa so that could explain why United has extra capacity. It looks like the 2x weekly service to DEN on Frontier goes to 1x weekly from both airports in March. Bummer.

Southwest has had 3x daily to DEN for probably 5-6 years now, if not longer.

Speaking of Tulsa, did you guys see that air map that was released last week? They have multiple direct flights into various parts of Florida. Any idea how they can do that if we struggle with that? I’m really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Speaking of Tulsa, did you guys see that air map that was released last week? They have multiple direct flights into various parts of Florida. Any idea how they can do that if we struggle with that? I’m really curious.
    From the Tulsa Airport website, it looks like the only destination that OKC does not service is Tampa. I noticed the weekly flight from TUL-MIA on American appears to have ended.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    From the Tulsa Airport website, it looks like the only destination that OKC does not service is Tampa. I noticed the weekly flight from TUL-MIA on American appears to have ended.
    Oh you’re right. The only year round flight that either city has to Florida is Orlando. Both cities Val Praiso flights are seasonal, and Tulsa has the extra Tampa seasonal flight.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    AA used the MIA flight to ferry 757’s to the Mx Base. Hopefully AA will start rotating more 737 MAX aircraft into the TUL base and restart MIA and add PHL and LGA

United seems to have come to its senses.

I’m seeing 6x daily to DEN in June plus the return of a mainline. I’ve never seen UA go to 6 frequencies in this market.

We will lose the mainline to IAH in exchange. No other changes I see.

American will go to 4x daily to ORD for the summer. (The OAG thread on a.net shows 5x daily but I believe 5 was a misfile - 4 are presently for sale in GDS)

10. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    ^ I believe Southwest is now 3x daily to Denver from OKC while still 2x from Tulsa so that could explain why United has extra capacity. It looks like the 2x weekly service to DEN on Frontier goes to 1x weekly from both airports in March. Bummer.
    I have to laugh at the fact Frontier has 1 - 2 flights per week to OKC. Who would give them a serious look? It's not even particularly inexpensive compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    United seems to have come to its senses.

I’m seeing 6x daily to DEN in June plus the return of a mainline. I’ve never seen UA go to 6 frequencies in this market.

We will lose the mainline to IAH in exchange. No other changes I see.
    So 9x daily to Denver on United and Southwest this summer. It looks like I was wrong about Frontier it's now showing 3x/weekly for both OKC and TUL. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday non-stop service.

Impressive for OKC-DEN, that's nearing the type of frequency to Dallas (DFW & DAL) and Houston (IAH & HOU).

So 9x daily to Denver on United and Southwest this summer. It looks like I was wrong about Frontier it's now showing 3x/weekly for both OKC and TUL. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday non-stop service.

Impressive for OKC-DEN, that's nearing the type of frequency to Dallas (DFW & DAL) and Houston (IAH & HOU).
    Im betting Colorado gets a ton of tourism dollars from Oklahomans. I go to Colorado probably 4 times to every one time I go to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I have to laugh at the fact Frontier has 1 - 2 flights per week to OKC. Who would give them a serious look? It's not even particularly inexpensive compared to the others.
    Leisure travelers will bite at anything to save a few dollars. I think they are a necessary force in today’s market. Affordable travel is the greatest gift to mankind.

Travel is fatal to prejudice. I wish everyone could travel more, especially Oklahomans. I know of people who have never flown on an airplane or left the state other than Texas. There’s so much more to the world than Oklahoma.

Looks like AA will be increasing daily service to ORD for June,June and August to 5 flights a day on a CRJ-700.

Anyone know the last time AA had 5 flights a day to ORD?

United will have 4 flights a day this summer as well to ORD

15. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I don't think AA/Eagle have ever had 5 flights daily to ORD. AA did have mainline service though, back in the late '90s-early 2000s with F-100s and MD 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    I don't think AA/Eagle have ever had 5 flights daily to ORD. AA did have mainline service though, back in the late '90s-early 2000s with F-100s and MD 80s.
    American will go to 4x daily to ORD for the summer. (The OAG thread on a.net shows 5x daily but I believe 5 was a misfile - 4 are presently for sale in GDS)
    I cleared this up last week. AA had 5x daily to ORD back in 2019-2013 I believe. That was when they only had flights to DFW. However it is irrelevant as they are only offering 4x daily this summer.

May only:

AA will increase OKC-CLT to 3x
    AA will increase (extend) OKC-PHX to 2x (mainline will end will be CR9)

Nice to see the increase for May from AA. But, May seems like a weird month to *only* increase service out of OKC on those routes when the following months are just as busy. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Nice to see the increase for May from AA. But, May seems like a weird month to *only* increase service out of OKC on those routes when the following months are just as busy. Right?
    Means they are not confident enough or they don’t have the resources to extend them permanently. I.e. maintenance-planning “delivered” extra flying time in May they weren’t expecting.

United is doubling down on 50 seaters, but not in a way you’d expect:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/06/unit...source=twitter

United will be the launch customer for the CRJ-550, a CRJ-700 (traditional 70 seater) that is configured down to 50 seats. Will include 10 first class seats and a snack bar. Will begin flying this summer from Chicago. I imagine this might be an airplane we will see in OKC.

21. Default Re: 2019 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Decided to switch my SWA DCA flight next Thursday to United so I could get in a little earlier. I was surprised that there was only one daily nonstop to IAD with United. Good time slot though.

United is doubling down on 50 seaters, but not in a way you’d expect:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/06/unit...source=twitter

United will be the launch customer for the CRJ-550, a CRJ-700 (traditional 70 seater) that is configured down to 50 seats. Will include 10 first class seats and a snack bar. Will begin flying this summer from Chicago. I imagine this might be an airplane we will see in OKC.
    Looks like the inaugural flight announced is ORD-XNA. The article I read specifically mentioned Wal-Mart execs use ORD as their gateway to Asia and demand more premium seats.

Looks like the inaugural flight announced is ORD-XNA. The article I read specifically mentioned Wal-Mart execs use ORD as their gateway to Asia and demand more premium seats.
    That’s a good example but there will be plenty of others. United is maxed out on 70-76 seat airplanes so this will be the only way to get more first class seats in the network.

Interesting. a -700 that is a 50 seater. I guess there will be some fantastic leg room in these, right?

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Interesting. a -700 that is a 50 seater. I guess there will be some fantastic leg room in these, right?
    I don't think so - the different classes of travel will have the same amount of legroom as on other planes, it's just a more premium-heavy layout, plus snack bar in F.

Thread Information