Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - January 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - January 2019

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Folks, clean off your vehicle (roof especially) if it has snow on it!!
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    No
    Is this a troll post? Or are you saying people should not clean snow/ice off car before driving?

That user is always replying with one or two words on almost anything. I am not sure why, as the replies usually add nothing to the thread. Maybe it is a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Worst part of the drive today (besides slick minor roads) was all the idiots who didn’t clean the snow off vehicle! There are some stupid people out there. Then they wanna go 70 on turnpike with all this snow and ice chunks flying off. Luckily I was looking for that and stayed well back but if I had been hit and damaged vehicle woulda got tag # for insurance to fight them to pay.

It seemed every other vehicle did not clean it off. This is dangerous and can kill someone if a chunk hits winshield and breaks or causes an accident. Its no different than someone dropping items off an overpass bridge except its the whole drive not just underpass.

Folks, clean off your vehicle (roof especially) if it has snow on it!!
    I think it is a symptom of not snowing much here and awareness. It has killed a few in Pennsylvania when chunks of ice slid off of tractor trailers. PA made a law with a requirement for trucks to ensure the ice is off the trailer prior to departure. I know some truck stops and trucking companies have scrapers to remove the snow and ice when departing.

Blog Entries

Melting is intense today....standing by a large Magnolia in our yard and you can just hear it crashing down. Beautiful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    That user is always replying with one or two words on almost anything. I am not sure why, as the replies usually add nothing to the thread. Maybe it is a bot.
    Nope

For the record, I typically reply with the same value as the post I'm replying to.

A satellite view of where it snowed in Oklahoma on Jan. 3.

Temperature forecast bust for today!!!! hahahaha yes it is 64 degrees, almost 70. What does that mean for the forecast for the rest of the month? Well above average? I will absolutely take it!!!!! Wish all winter was 70 and dry!!!

10. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - January 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Drake View Post
    Temperature forecast bust for today!!!! hahahaha yes it is 64 degrees, almost 70. What does that mean for the forecast for the rest of the month? Well above average? I will absolutely take it!!!!! Wish all winter was 70 and dry!!!
    Absolutely!!! Loved yesterday. Took the Miata out. Going to today too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Drake View Post
    Yeah, yesterday and today both were pretty gorgeous, if just a tad chilly. That said, I'm not sure where in OKC you are, but at my house on the south side, the high temperature on the 5th was 61°F. The official high temperature, observed at the airport, was 59°F. This is right around what was forecast for yesterday. Tell me again how this was a "forecast bust"?

And no, two days of warmer-than-average temperatures don't equal "well above average" temperatures for the rest of the month. Temperatures will slide back into the mid to upper 40's by midweek and stay that way through next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Yeah, yesterday and today both were pretty gorgeous, if just a tad chilly. That said, I'm not sure where in OKC you are, but at my house on the south side, the high temperature on the 5th was 61°F. The official high temperature, observed at the airport, was 59°F. This is right around what was forecast for yesterday. Tell me again how this was a "forecast bust"?

And no, two days of warmer-than-average temperatures don't equal "well above average" temperatures for the rest of the month. Temperatures will slide back into the mid to upper 40's by midweek and stay that way through next weekend.
    Don't feed it. Feeding it makes it stay.

As others above have mentioned. Warm again today, Monday. Tuesday turns cooler with strong winds out of the N. Rest of week we slip back into normal temperature ranges.

Next precipitation shot looks like cold rain heading into Friday.

Cold air continues to filter down into OK. Thursday will struggle to make 50F and cold rain will move in by nightfall.

Thursday night into Friday we could see as much as an inch of rain across most of the region. Heaviest being in the NE portions of the state. Some possible late transition to snow right along the OK/KS border Friday evening before the whole system moves out. This will be a solid snowstorm for most of MO.

After that we will have temperatures much cooler and highs in the 40s. Next precipitation action looks to be around the 17th/18th timeframe.

Sidenote, this is probably the most efficient winter we have had in a long time in regards to consistent moisture replenishment. If this continues, we could see a beautiful Spring.

15. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - January 2019

Sidenote, this is probably the most efficient winter we have had in a long time in regards to consistent moisture replenishment. If this continues, we could see a beautiful Spring.
    Man it's killing me on the farm.... I have a couple of plots I want to expand crops into and it's too muddy to get it done.

This winter has also been great on the natural gas bill.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    This winter has also been great on the natural gas bill.
    ONG To Return $22 Million To Customers
    Wednesday, January 9th 2019, 4:23 AM

ONG customers will receive $22.7 million in savings over the next year, a rate reduction of approximately $11 million plus $11.7 million in one-time credits from ONG's income tax saving after the federal income tax rate fell to 21 percents, officials said.

The average residential customer will see approximately $15 in savings in February an a smaller balance n subsequent months for the rest of the year.

http://www.news9.com/story/39756267/...n-to-customers

Temps so far this winter have been above average, are we going to see a proper winter temp wise?

19. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - January 2019

Isn't it pretty average? 50 as the high and 30 as the low. It seems to be around that now.

State declared free of drought as more rain moves in tonight. https://www.stwnewspress.com/oklahom...6ef2e1ee6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    State declared free of drought as more rain moves in tonight. https://www.stwnewspress.com/oklahom...6ef2e1ee6.html
    Thats awesome news for this time of year! Should help fire season however everything will grow faster in spring and we can go to drought or fire crisis so fast. Still good news though!

Looks like next weekend could be interesting...or it could just be really cold.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Looks like next weekend could be interesting...or it could just be really cold.
    Way early but here is Fri night/Sat from NOAA

Friday Night
    A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday
    A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 29.

Outside chance @ winter precipitation this weekend, but for sure nothing close to being locked in. Right now the bulk of impact will be across IA and MO again.

The following week looks like more action is possible. Looking even beyond that into extremely questionable forecasting, there is signs of some arctic air settling into the region.

From NOAA latest update:

Friday
    Partly sunny, with a high near 61.

Friday Night
    A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday
    A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.

Saturday Night
    Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.

Sunday
    Sunny, with a high near 26.

Sunday Night
    Clear, with a low around 21.

M.L.King Day
    Sunny, with a high near 44.

Thread Information