Widgets Magazine

Thread: 1138 N. Robinson

Midtown 1138 N. Robinson

This building has received a nice renovation and will be the new home to RimRock Energy Partners.

Default Re: 1138 N. Robinson

Seems like the dead spots in Midtown are filling in nicely and rather quickly. Great to see. If only MR would develop/sell to be developed their [remaining] holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Seems like the dead spots in Midtown are filling in nicely and rather quickly. Great to see. If only MR would develop/sell to be developed their holdings.
    What is MR?

^ Sorry, Midtown Renaissance.

I have always loved this building..

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Seems like the dead spots in Midtown are filling in nicely and rather quickly. Great to see. If only MR would develop/sell to be developed their [remaining] holdings.
    It's been a quick shift to see Midtown Renaissance as being perceiced as the Midtown savior to an impediment to development.

They do great work which has been huge, but they're sitting on some of the best property in OKC with no development in sight. I mean, their property on 10th St. between Walker and Hudson across from Fassler/Dust Bowl now has it's own streetcar stop. Anything they put in there will be a success, but there hasn't been even a rumor of development. Again, not knocking MR because they deserve a lot of credit for Midtown's rise, but I wish they'd at least develop that property.

^ Agree with everything you said.

Seems like I read within the last year that Midtown Renaissance is being slow and deliberate with the 10th Street property mentioned here because it is such a key item. The streetcar stop suggests it need to be something like over 4 stories and $10 million plus?

Let there be light crude!

I looked at that building in 2007 (i think) when it was for sale. It was a dump. I can actually see it from my window right now at 9th and Robinson and was thinking the other day how glad I am that it was renovated so nicely. Now I hope to say the same thing about the old Christian Scientist Church just to the north.

Thread Information