Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surveillance Vehicles?

Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3012D4A-0DF6-4528-8A04-F2AF2CCAE950.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	15106
    Single-camera vehicle recording northbound vehicles at NW 63rd & Western. He apparently attracted the attention of someone at Bank7 who is speaking with the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post

Name:	B3012D4A-0DF6-4528-8A04-F2AF2CCAE950.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	15106
    Single-camera vehicle recording northbound vehicles at NW 63rd & Western. He apparently attracted the attention of someone at Bank7 who is speaking with the driver.
    Invasion of privacy. Whoever is in that vehicle could prob. have your credit rating on his screen in a matter of seconds.

I saw this vehicle there this morning right before 10A. I noticed there was nobody in the car, however an open laptop. How about a local news station check them out . . . . KFOR??

4. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

What a great idea to tip the media to look into. They may be perfectly innocent but they may not be.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your hopes of KFOR doing a great expose and busting this thing wide open aren't going to happen. They've already covered it at least half a dozen times. Some of the articles have already been posted in this very thread.

But if you still think it's a great idea, their number is 405-424-4444. News hotline is 405-478-NEWS.

Yesterday driving on one of the local interstates seen a cop car getting behind cars then moving to next lane and getting behind others and so on. Looked like he was scanning plates. I watched for a couple miles and he was from one lane to another pretty much non stop.

Anyone that has unpaid parking/traffic tickets better get them paid. I would assume they can tell if you have a warrant out for arrest as they scan your tag.

I'm in the auto body business, and about 20% of out customers were hit by uninsured drivers. That's a big number and it hasn't changed much in over 20 years. I don't like the idea of a police state, and this stuff feels like it. But, I'm willing to go along with this.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but your hopes of KFOR doing a great expose and busting this thing wide open aren't going to happen. They've already covered it at least half a dozen times. Some of the articles have already been posted in this very thread.

But if you still think it's a great idea, their number is 405-424-4444. News hotline is 405-478-NEWS.
    Man, being so snide is not necessary. Thanks.

9. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

I’m just afraid the targeting of uninsured motorists is just a way to get the public to agree to the idea of these independent tag scanners. My fear is the next step - or, really just an expanding of what they are currently doing - utilizing tag scanners to track vehicle movements. Like I’ve mentioned before, these images are already made available in other states for uses beyond insurance, speed and moving violation enforcement. The private sector can pay to access these images.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Not being even remotely snide. If you think it would be a great tip, there's the number(s) to call. However, like I said, they've already covered the story multiple times.

This program gets a giant thumbs down from me.

Three choices when dealing with those who don’t have insurance: 1) Do nothing; 2) Impound the car; or 3) Mail a ticket. Of those three, the third is the most reasonable for both the uninsured car owner, and those he might hit.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    How do the people scanning the car tags know who is driving the car? How do they know who to send the ticket to?
    Unless they were maintaining that vehicle for use only off of the public roadway, then not carrying insurance is still against the law.

14. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

Don't recall it being mentioned..... Do these scanners read tribal and out of state tags too?

15. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

Saw one of the unmarked tag reader vehicles today. Parked on the I-44 ramp where it merges with the Lake Hefner Parkway heading south. The vehicle was an SUV parked on the shoulder. Traffic is reduced to a single lane there and thousands of vehicles line up and go by hourly.

Here's two pics....

Name:	IMG_5556.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	15110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5567.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	15109

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Don't recall it being mentioned..... Do these scanners read tribal and out of state tags too?
    One of the early articles on it said no. Which might explain the explosion of tribal tags lately.

HangryHippo Guest

One of the early articles on it said no. Which might explain the explosion of tribal tags lately.
    Which is absolute bull****.

So how do we get a tribal tag? Can we join a tribe?

Hopefully someone will come out with a scrambler to send a bad signal to these scammers.

What if the bad guys get these scanners? They can track where you live and use gps to see when someone is not home and no telling what. I think potentially the bad outweighs the good with these things.

19. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post

Hopefully someone will come out with a scrambler to send a bad signal to these scammers.

What if the bad guys get these scanners? They can track where you live and use gps to see when someone is not home and no telling what. I think potentially the bad outweighs the good with these things.
    The "bad guys" don't need scanners. They just need to pay a PI to run the tag number and access the databases of the scanners that have been out there already for several years now.

20. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    It's just his way. l'm sure his mother loves him, though.

Makes you wonder about vanity and specialty plates.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post

Facepalm.

Or they could set in the street and watch you drive away from your house.

I need to invest in foil futures.

23. Default Re: Surveillance Vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Facepalm.

Actually OKCRT has a point.

There are many real world uses for this data that doesn't sit well with me and shouldn't sit well with the public.

From my personal experience;
    1.) I personally know of at least two sex trafficking victims that were tracked down by their pimps who paid a PI to run their tag and was able to find the city and state they were residing in. In one case, there was so much data he could track down where she worked (because her car was continuously scanned in the parking lot) and the apartment complex she was living in.

2.) Abusive husbands have used this data to locate an ex that is hiding from them.

3.) I've read numerous police reports where police go to these databases looking for people (often people not yet charged or even convicted of a crime) and they don't need a warrant to get this data. Additionally, it has been shown many times, police will also access this type of data for their personal use. Police already often run tags of women they find attractive to get all their info.

Other Real World Uses:

1.) Police now can totally circumvent the warrant process and simply have a private company do the tracking for them.

2.) Some companies compile the data geographically. Meaning, law enforcement or private citizens can request all the tag numbers that have been recorded at a specific location. Then reverse search those numbers for the identities of the registered drivers. The location could be specific businesses, politicians offices/residences, specific neighborhoods, whatever.

3.) I see nothing preventing law enforcement from requesting that one of these private companies target specific locations (streets, businesses, residences) so LE can access that data later and without a warrant or just cause.

4.) Anyone can now simply go on "fishing expeditions" to try and find or even just imply dirt on anyone - a rival, a politician, a co-worker, a spouse, you name it.

5.) Insurance companies could access this data in the future when determining your rates. Same could even go with health insurance (oops, your car was seen pretty regularly at bars, you're a higher risk for car and health insurance. *It's already been shown some of those companies currently check your social media.)

There is nothing "tinfoil" about where this is heading and already is.

Why go through the tag scanning companies, when you carry a cellphone with you 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Facepalm.

Seriously naive. Yes they can sit down the street and watch you drive away and track you with gps while their buddies are cleaning you out. Hope it never happens to you or a loved one.

Thread Information