Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petroleum Club Deli

Far North Petroleum Club Deli

Petroleum Club to open new downtown deli

Plans have been submitted for the Petroleum Club to construct a new deli and take all 3,561 square feet of retail space in the north parking garage at BOK Park Plaza.

The office complex opened in late 2017 and to date has but a single tenant. Bank of Oklahoma occupies the top four office floors and also has a bank branch in the lobby facing Sheridan.

Enable Midstream has announced they will be moving its 480 employees from Leadership Square to BOK Park Plaza in August 2019, taking the 15th through 20th floors.

When Enable completes its move, 10 of the building's 27 floors will be occupied.

In addition to its signature private club and event space on the top two floors of BancFirst Tower (formerly Cotter Ranch Tower, Chase Tower and Liberty Tower), the Petroleum Club is the properitor of Petro Deli in that building's lobby and Hot Tamale Grill in the lower level.

The group also operates Petroleum Club North in Edmond and the Petroleum Club Event Center north of the state capitol which was formerly known as the Jim Thorpe Event Center.

The new deli will be located in the ground floor of the BOK north garage, which has an entrance on the corner of Main and Hudson, and faces the city-owned Arts District Parking Garage.

The BOK building and parking garage are connected to the Devon Energy Center via a skywalk over Hudson.

Plans show a large bar, 2 corner booths and seating looking out on Main Street.

In design plans submitted to the city for a substantial remodel of what is now BancFirst Plaza, it was stated the existing Petro Deli would be relocated from the west lobby to the northeast corner. Renderings show indoor and outdoor seating for the restaurant in that location.

BOK Park Plaza still has a large restaurant space with an outdoor terrace on the 2nd level of the lobby, plus additional retail space in the northeast lobby as well as in the west garage, with storefronts facing Sheridan.

Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

Can't beat Petroleum Deli. One of the best around, and can't wait till its open.

This is where my wife and I like to park whenever going around downtown, I like the area due to the relatively low traffic at night and on weekends. What are the current hours for the Deli? Will they be expanding hours in this new location?

Blog Entries

I hope they have dinner hours. Glad this retail space is getting used.

Kind of hope they do too. Tired of going to bricktown before Thunder games, or any events downtown, especially since i park over that way

6. Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

this is a good get and will add some much needed activity to main street.

BTW, the Petroleum Club is in the top-3 floors of BancFirst Tower (34, 35, 36).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

This is the inside of that space.

Narrow but very tall ceilings.

Blog Entries

shows that the devon retail spaces could be useful (even if one entity used all the spaces) for minimal sacrifice of parking. i'm under the impression that garage isn't at capacity anymore because devon employee count is down? if so would be a good time to make such a move, especially being on the streetcar line...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    shows that the devon retail spaces could be useful (even if one entity used all the spaces) for minimal sacrifice of parking. i'm under the impression that garage isn't at capacity anymore because devon employee count is down? if so would be a good time to make such a move, especially being on the streetcar line...
    There are no Devon retail spaces. They don’t exist

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    There are no Devon retail spaces. They don’t exist
    But the garage is designed so that the retail spaces could easily be built out.

Not really

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Not really
    Why do you say that?

Blog Entries

I get that the devon "retail spaces" are just facades and there is nothing built out. I'm saying that with garage usage lower than it once was there (this is based on an employee I know saying it used to be more of a challenge to park in that garage but their employee count isn't what it was), that this would be the prime time (vs when devon is booming EE count wise, if that's even possible any more going forward with efficiencies in place) to go ahead and build out those spaces (whether as multiple spaces or just one). It would be a benefit to those in BOK Park Plaza as well as those in Devon and Hightower, not to mention general street life.

Looks like the work is coming along quickly. Inside walls are going up, plumbing & electrical appear to be in place. They are working on the project daily. We're looking forward to another lunch option beside Nebu at Devon.

Any update on when they plan to open?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Any update on when they plan to open?
    I peaked in last weekend and they still have a lot of work to do.

Looks like they are almost ready to open:

Pete, do you know if Hot Tamale is opening a restaurant in/near BOK?

Pete, do you know if Hot Tamale is opening a restaurant in/near BOK?
    My understanding is that this new spot will have items from both the deli and Hot Tamale menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My understanding is that this new spot will have items from both the deli and Hot Tamale menus.
    Does this mean Hot Tamale is moving? Or will they keep their original location?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    Does this mean Hot Tamale is moving? Or will they keep their original locations?
    I have heard they are not moving, but expanding.

I have heard they are not moving, but expanding.
    The location in the concourse is currently closed and probably will stay closed for duration of tower renovations.
    The location is already emptied out

I took this Wednesday of the BancFirst underground location:

They opened yesterday at Main and Hudson.

Hours are 11-2 Mon-Fri.

You forgot to turn off the 1970s Radizwell filter when you photographed those chairs.

Thread Information