Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petroleum Club Deli

Blog Entries

Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

Annoyed about he hours I can literally never utilize.......

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Annoyed about he hours I can literally never utilize.......
    Food in the CBD in a nutshell. Save for a handful of locations.

3. Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

Nice.... Happy to see a restaurant I can easily stay keto at within my walking radius for lunch.

4. Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

Wow, IMO, you gotta be a pretty popular restaurant and have your costs totally on point to make money on those limited hours and pay all your overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Wow, IMO, you gotta be a pretty popular restaurant and have your costs totally on point to make money on those limited hours and pay all your overhead.
    Wonder if they got a sweetheart rent deal?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Wonder if they got a sweetheart rent deal?
    Very likely.

Two years on, the rest of all that retail space is completely vacant.

7. Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

A few of us from the office picked up a togo order here today.

Really like the buildout. Very nice, open, lots of light and I love the look for the location. Was pretty busy too and we got there before noon.

We didn't order from the deli side, we got Hot Tamale Items; Poblano Ranch Burger, Caesar Chavez Salad and a chicken quesadilla.

We ordered at the counter (don't know if you can call in ahead or not). Staff was very friendly and menu knowledgable. Given a number and waited in a small togo seating area. Only took about 5 minutes to get our food and it was boxed and bagged nicely for walking back to our office.

I had the burger with a side of fries.

Burger is really big at 1/2 lb. The top bun is larger and denser than I like, but still tasty. However I removed it as it was just too much food. Temperature was good even after a five minute walk and the meat seemed really fresh, as did the topping. The fries were a huge hit. and mean HUGE - they are giant steak fries and were made crispy, EXACTLY how I like them. I could go back for the fries alone.

I was told the salad and quesadilla were very good too. The presentation looked great and the portions were very nice for the price.

Each togo entree also came with a small bag of chips and salsa.

I guess I'm picky about salsa, because I rarely like salsa offerings unless they are traditional. Their's is a roasted variety and had a weird watery roasted flavor. None of us liked it.

Definitely will be back and I find their prices a bit cheaper than Nabu, so they may get more of the business I normally gave them.

One thing we noticed when we got back to the office is there was no silverware or napkins in the bag they gave us. Not sure if they forgot, if you have to ask or if they are in a self-service area. Luckily we have a break room with all those things

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    A few of us from the office picked up a togo order here today.

Really like the buildout. Very nice, open, lots of light and I love the look for the location. Was pretty busy too and we got there before noon.

We didn't order from the deli side, we got Hot Tamale Items; Poblano Ranch Burger, Caesar Chavez Salad and a chicken quesadilla.

We ordered at the counter (don't know if you can call in ahead or not). Staff was very friendly and menu knowledgable. Given a number and waited in a small togo seating area. Only took about 5 minutes to get our food and it was boxed and bagged nicely for walking back to our office.

I had the burger with a side of fries.

Burger is really big at 1/2 lb. The top bun is larger and denser than I like, but still tasty. However I removed it as it was just too much food. Temperature was good even after a five minute walk and the meat seemed really fresh, as did the topping. The fries were a huge hit. and mean HUGE - they are giant steak fries and were made crispy, EXACTLY how I like them. I could go back for the fries alone.

I was told the salad and quesadilla were very good too. The presentation looked great and the portions were very nice for the price.

Each togo entree also came with a small bag of chips and salsa.

I guess I'm picky about salsa, because I rarely like salsa offerings unless they are traditional. Their's is a roasted variety and had a weird watery roasted flavor. None of us liked it.

Definitely will be back and I find their prices a bit cheaper than Nabu, so they may get more of the business I normally gave them.

One thing we noticed when we got back to the office is there was no silverware or napkins in the bag they gave us. Not sure if they forgot, if you have to ask or if they are in a self-service area. Luckily we have a break room with all those things
    I don’t know about hot tamale but the petroleum deli has always been self serve on silverware.

Man, I miss working downtown. I got the cesar chavez salad probably three times a week!

10. Default Re: Petroleum Club Deli

Walked down for lunch today and tried the Low Carb Plate.... For $8.25 it's quite a bit of food with two 4oz burger patties, 1/2 an avocado, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, and grilled onions and jalapenos.... Everything tasted great too.It definitely fits my keto lifestyle and will be my go to spot when I don't have time to meal prep and still want to get some steps in at lunch instead of having to drive somewhere.

Petroleum club of edmond is planning a large expansion

Thread Information