Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tipping Norms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Tipping Norms

Gotta ask... Haircut, 50%? Is this the norm. Growing up, it was a dollar with a $5 barber cut. Obviously, I know that's changed, but I'm used to tipping $2-3 dollars when I take my kids to get cut. I sure hope my wife isn't tipping 50% with her stylist. Might explain where the money goes...

Oh, on the buffet. Back when my kids were younger, we'd always leave a tip on the table when we ate out as a family. We don't do buffets anymore, but if we did at this point, I wouldn't feel as inclined to tip (as we wouldn't create a mess).

2. Default Re: Tipping Norms

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Gotta ask... Haircut, 50%? Is this the norm. Growing up, it was a dollar with a $5 barber cut. Obviously, I know that's changed, but I'm used to tipping $2-3 dollars when I take my kids to get cut. I sure hope my wife isn't tipping 50% with her stylist. Might explain where the money goes...

Oh, on the buffet. Back when my kids were younger, we'd always leave a tip on the table when we ate out as a family. We don't do buffets anymore, but if we did at this point, I wouldn't feel as inclined to tip (as we wouldn't create a mess).
    My haircuts are only $10. I give her $15.

My thought is, if I have a bad experience at a restaurant, probably nobody is ever gonna know. If my stylist screws up my hair, everyone will know for weeks. Plus she does my brows, ears, etc. and I've been going to her for years.

Thread Information