Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Boulevard Place

1. Default Re: Boulevard Place

very nice project and we need more of them in downtown!!

I only wish the eastern half were higher since the western half has a substantial rooftop with half the flooring for rooms. If the structure were say 12 floors, with the full 12 on the eastern half and 8 on the western with a 4 floor rooftop; now THAT would make an impression and not be too much shorter than the Omni. And we'd also get more rooms in the facility.

But again, very nice as it is and perhaps we can right-size the next location in say midtown, the other side of the park, and near the cbd.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Boulevard Place

Can't wait, tired of seeing 17 floors of concrete slab. I hate the East side of the Omni. Hope this covers more than 8 floors of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    Can't wait, tired of seeing 17 floors of concrete slab. I hate the East side of the Omni. Hope this covers more than 8 floors of it.
    The Omni needs to commission a massive mural for that facade.

I agree, it's really ugly and a complete departure from the rest of that project.

Construction set to begin on new apartments adjacent to Omni Hotel, across from Chesapeake Energy Arena

According to this update by Steve the day care has been dropped from this project.

Yep, was not on the plans they submitted.

Wasn’t the day care a requirement OCURA or did I just imagine that? I guess with COVID day care centers won’t be in very high demand for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Wasn’t the day care a requirement OCURA or did I just imagine that? I guess with COVID day care centers won’t be in very high demand for awhile.
    No, not a requirement.

But that component was seen as an advantage when this proposal was competing against others for the right to develop the city-owned property.

To be fair, their proposal changed very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Omni needs to commission a massive mural for that facade.

I agree, it's really ugly and a complete departure from the rest of that project.
    I remember asking in the Omni thread if it would be painted because it was such a hideous blank wall. Its horrible.

9. Default Re: Boulevard Place

a daycare could still open in one of the retail spaces.

KinderCare Downtown OKC sounds nice!!

are they still scheduled to begin construction in january?
    i'm surprised they gave up on the daycare, it was a difference maker taking into account it is an apartment building with many other neighboring apartment buildings that could use it as well.

11. Default Re: Boulevard Place

again, a private daycare could still come in - there's plenty of retail space.

in all honesty, I don't see the point of a government funded daycare. If it's something we want (and I agree that it is warranted), then let's convince KinderCare, Kiddie Academy, Goddard School, Le Petite, etc to open up in the some of the retail space. Solved!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    again, a private daycare could still come in - there's plenty of retail space.

in all honesty, I don't see the point of a government funded daycare. If it's something we want (and I agree that it is warranted), then let's convince KinderCare, Kiddie Academy, Goddard School, Le Petite, etc to open up in the some of the retail space. Solved!
    I don't disagree. but it seemed like part of the sales pitch was that some of this housing would be targeted towards people who work at the CC, CHK arena, bricktown etc. i.e. lower income, single parent or both working parents. bringing workers closer to their jobs and having a place that doesn't require a separate trip for child care.

They have filed their building permit application.

Construction should start in a couple of months.

a couple of months have already passed.
    is this building supossed to start construction this month?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC2017 View Post
    a couple of months have already passed.
    is this building supossed to start construction this month?
    I just checked and their filed building permits are still pending awaiting corrections from their end.

The city requested the plan corrections on 11/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just checked and their filed building permits are still pending awaiting corrections from their end.

The city requested the plan corrections on 11/5.
    What had to be corrected?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    What had to be corrected?
    It's a very common process with building permit applications, especially those large in scale.

In this case, you can't see through the on-line system what additional items were requested.

Often, they go back and forth several times.

The bottom line is they are still finalizing this and they can't really start until the permit is issued... Although sometimes contractors will start foundation work (which is allowed).

Bump...is this project dead? Seems like this was supposed to start a long time ago, lol.

No, not dead.

I'm sure they are waiting for the price of lumber and steel to go down.

Same with 700 West and Alley's End.

Blog Entries

Some of these supply chain related hikes might be in place for a year or two....

a few weeks ago i passed by and saw workers + equipment from an environmental solutions company. i wondered if the delays on the
    project have anything to do with pollution on site and a brownfield cleaning requisite to allow construction to begin???

a few weeks ago i passed by and saw workers + equipment from an environmental solutions company. i wondered if the delays on the
    project have anything to do with pollution on site and a brownfield cleaning requisite to allow construction to begin???
    Given there has been so much construction right around there I wouldn’t expect them to have any surprises. Maybe just some testing or something but I saw them
    Out there as well

I would think all that should have been completed prior to requesting the building permit.

Unforeseen things come up during construction. Maybe the survey didn’t find an abandoned oil pit; the CO-OP site across the street/viaduct to the east used to be an oilfield in the state’s formative days. Who knows.

700 West and Alley's End are in the same stalled state.

Beyond the cost, access to necessary building materials is very limited everywhere.

Thread Information