Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vasa Fitness

Default Re: Vasa Fitness

So is it confirmed that the 23rd and Penn location will be included in the BCBS plan? I'm extremely tempted to cancel my membership at the OUHSC gym and just use the BCBS fitness plan if this location is added.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    So is it confirmed that the 23rd and Penn location will be included in the BCBS plan? I'm extremely tempted to cancel my membership at the OUHSC gym and just use the BCBS fitness plan if this location is added.
    Yes, I was able to sign up under BCBS without paying anything extra. You get access to the Fitness plan which is the 21.99/ mo level.

My wife signed up under her employer's Active & Fit plan and it is at the same plan level. I've loved being a member there. Even though it's always packed, I've never had any issues getting on the equipment I need. The place is huge and offers so many options.

Quote Originally Posted by GoThunder View Post
    Yes, I was able to sign up under BCBS without paying anything extra. You get access to the Fitness plan which is the 21.99/ mo level.
    Good to know - thanks! Hopefully BCBS updates their listings to include this location soon.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Good to know - thanks! Hopefully BCBS updates their listings to include this location soon.
    You'll save some time if you say you're eligible for the "Silver Sneakers" program - which is what they actually enroll you in on the Vasa side of things with your Well OnTarget number. Granted I tried to join within days of them opening but I had to go in four times and call their headquarters before I could speak with someone who knew how to enroll BCBS folks. Hopefully it's going more smoothly now than when they first opened though!

Has anyone that joined through an insurance fitness program "upgraded" to the Studio plan? Curious if they make you pay the annual rate guarantee fee, etc. if you upgrade, as its kinda nice not having that extra payment.

Is there basketball courts open gym? How crowed does it get. Looking for a place where i can go shoot some hoops which i haven't done in years and maybe walk on treadmill a bit. Was thinking here or the Bethany YMCA has anyone tried that.

The basketball court is open. Every time I've been there it has been quite crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    The basketball court is open. Every time I've been there it has been quite crowded.
    People just shooting hoops or actual games going on? I would be going around 11-2 in the afternoon

Looked like pick up games every time I've seen them playing, but that's typically been during a higher volume time. Not sure during the middle of the day.

It's been pretty crazy busy at this gym so far. Most of that is attributed to the fact that it's a brand new gym and a lot of New Year's Resolutioners are starting up too. Usually some of that crowd starts to taper off a bit after a few months.

Despite how crowded it is though, it's such a big space that it doesn't feel as crowded as it could. Best thing you can do is try to avoid going during the after-work rush.

I always hate the New Year's bump every year at every gym. Over night the gym goes from light crowds to packed.

Is it still going? Granted I stopped going to a gym, the new years crowd I think has all but disappeared back to status quo where I'm at.

When I went on Wednesday night it was still pretty full. It has lightened up, though.

I've always been an avid swimmer and for years I belonged to a gym with a nice outdoor pool.

After the first of the year, the pool would get suddenly crowded and I'd see all types of new faces who vastly underestimated how tough swimming even a lap or two can be.

By February the pool would be back to normal and I'd once again have it pretty much to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Is it still going? Granted I stopped going to a gym, the new years crowd I think has all but disappeared back to status quo where I'm at.
    It's still been pretty crowded this week. It'll start to slow down in February and March. Monday-Wednesday evenings are always a madhouse at any gym though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I've been going to Life Time, and it still has its new years rush going, really annoying. I also go to the Mitch Park Y through the week and it hasn't seemed busier than normal while I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    It's still been pretty crowded this week. It'll start to slow down in February and March. Monday-Wednesday evenings are always a madhouse at any gym though.
    Mondays are always bad due to the new week resolutions. "I'm going to be good this week..." Same reason why the morning rush hour traffic is always worst on Mondays. Meanwhile, Friday afternoon rush hour starts an hour early.

This just hit the market in case any of y’all are looking for something to 1031: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2500...y-OK/18077860/

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    This just hit the market in case any of y’all are looking for something to 1031: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2500...y-OK/18077860/
    Just a quick $5m flip. Seems incredibly high to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Just a quick $5m flip. Seems incredibly high to me.
    $5 mil after their $5 mil improvements?

Drove by the Vasa at 23rd & Penn last night around 9PM and almost every single space in that huge parking lot was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Drove by the Vasa at 23rd & Penn last night around 9PM and almost every single space in that huge parking lot was taken.
    Yeah it's been an absolute mob scene there after work. Good for them for getting that kind of business, but as a customer, it would be nice to be able to go there and not have to circle around for 10 minutes.

Thread Information