Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heisman Trophy

Blog Entries

NCAA Heisman Trophy

University of Oklahoma's 7th Heisman Trophy Winner

Fans of Longhorns, Aggies, Crimson Tide, rest of CFB react to Kyler Murray’s Heisman Win: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...222859590.html

Blog Entries

OU Re: Heisman Trophy

University of Oklahoma's Heisman Park

Congratulations and make room for Kyler Murray

3. Default Re: Heisman Trophy

I’m very glad Murray won. But I also remember 2000 when Weinke beat Heupel for the Heisman and our captains told Florida State’s captains “We stole our guy’s trophy, now you pay for it” or something similar. This could give Alabama even more desire to beat OU. Hopefully Riley can light a fire under OU.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Heisman Trophy

5. Default Re: Heisman Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I’m very glad Murray won. But I also remember 2000 when Weinke beat Heupel for the Heisman and our captains told Florida State’s captains “We stole our guy’s trophy, now you pay for it” or something similar. This could give Alabama even more desire to beat OU. Hopefully Riley can light a fire under OU.
    LOL, that was Torrance Marshal. Good memories...

(CAUTION: LOUD - turn down your speakers)
    https://youtu.be/-WLLHunussE?t=30

Marshall: You got my boy's trophy.

Weinke: It wasn't his

Marshall: Yeah it was.

Weinke: No it wasn't

Weinke: You gonna find out today though.

Marshall: You damned right.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    LOL, that was Torrance Marshal. Good memories...

Marshall: You got my boy's trophy.

Weinke: It wasn't his

Weinke: No it wasn't

Weinke: You gonna find out today though.

Marshall: You damned right.
    Torrance Marshall was an absolute badass LB.

“Congrats to @TheKylerMurray for winning the Heisman... And all shame to @ScottMGleeson of @USATODAY who waited until [that] moment before amplifying a national shaming campaign built atop a handful of tweets Murray wrote when he was 14.”
    — @CharlesCWCooke
    Despicable behavior from the "grown ups". Congrats to Murray. Well deserved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

This is very surprising to me. IDK, but I figure he would definitely chose baseball over football.....of course it is not official, what do you guys think?

The man is 5-9, if that. For his health and safety l hope he chooses baseball though he may truly love football more. You can be fast, shifty and be able to change direction like a rabbit but eventually a 350 pounder is going to pancake him or a D-back is going to knock him through the goalposts and hurt him badly. He can have a long and productive baseball career and be the best base-stealer who ever lived or a short football career with multiple injuries.

10. Default Re: Heisman Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    The man is 5-9, if that. For his health and safety l hope he chooses baseball though he may truly love football more. You can be fast, shifty and be able to change direction like a rabbit but eventually a 350 pounder is going to pancake him or a D-back is going to knock him through the goalposts and hurt him badly. He can have a long and productive baseball career and be the best base-stealer who ever lived or a short football career with multiple injuries.
    I completely agree. And I can’t stand the A’s but I’d rather he be there than in the NFL.

You guys are thinking too old school. Football is changing. Murray has the best arm in the class. Period. He's also one of the fastest players. Period. The NFL isn't just standing in the pocket and waiting to pass anymore. I get it, he short. But I think with modern NFL offenses and with the right coach, Murray could actually make it as an NFL QB.

I think the days of being "too short" are done in the NFL. With rules allowing more and more offense capabilities, those gadget players are going to be more and more used, and more importantly, more and more safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    You guys are thinking too old school. Football is changing. Murray has the best arm in the class. Period. He's also one of the fastest players. Period. The NFL isn't just standing in the pocket and waiting to pass anymore. I get it, he short. But I think with modern NFL offenses and with the right coach, Murray could actually make it as an NFL QB.

I think the days of being "too short" are done in the NFL. With rules allowing more and more offense capabilities, those gadget players are going to be more and more used, and more importantly, more and more safe.
    you say that... yet the QB's winning Superbowls are still mostly stand in the pocket gun slingers and i say mostly because Russell Wilson is the one exception...

Well, yes, the new rules have only recently started taking affect. Obviously your Andrew Luck's of the world will always be the most sought after. But the Doug Flutie and Kyler Murray types will begin seeing a lot more play with less trepidation in drafting them.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Drew Breeze is 5 ft 9 and has done pretty well. He's not as mobile Murray but has a great arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Well, yes, the new rules have only recently started taking affect. Obviously your Andrew Luck's of the world will always be the most sought after. But the Doug Flutie and Kyler Murray types will begin seeing a lot more play with less trepidation in drafting them.
    what new rules are you talking about? the fact that they now don't call roughing the passer if they are behind the line of scrimmage but are seen as a "potential runner"... there haven't been any major new rules except the dumb overtime rule if a fg is kicked, and moving the extra point back, and getting rid of the force out rule on receivers...

Don't forget the new rule governing the onside kick. Recoveries of same are significallantly lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Don't forget the new rule governing the onside kick. Recoveries of same are significallantly lower.
    yes... but if you look... onside kicks were out of the regular norm high last year... and they are only comparing to last year... onside kicks this were were statically just as likely as they were in the 3 seasons before last year.

18. Default Re: Heisman Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Drew Breeze is 5 ft 9 and has done pretty well. He's not as mobile Murray but has a great arm.
    Brees is a passer. Murray is going to run a LOT. In the NFL Murray would have games with more rushing yards than some of Brees seasons. Forget height, Murray isn’t very big. How many times as a runner will he get smashed between a 350lb lineman and a 275lb linebacker. I can’t see him having great longevity in football. He’d play a long time and possibly set steals records in baseball. As an outfielder his speed, his arm and his accuracy would make him amazing.

19. Default Re: Heisman Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Drew Brees is listed as 6 foot. Murray is listed as 5 foot 11 but lve read he isn't that big and game broadcasters have said more than once he's more like 5-9. Just watching him in person and on game broadcasts he looks like 5-9

Chances of Jalen Hurts becoming the EIGHTH?

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Chances of Jalen Hurts becoming the EIGHTH?
    very very low... i think it will take several players at other schools either getting hurt or being absolutely terrible... or Jalen to have the most amazing season ever... after two in a row, the voters are going to look for reasons not to give it to an Oklahoma QB

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    very very low... i think it will take several players at other schools either getting hurt or being absolutely terrible... or Jalen to have the most amazing season ever... after two in a row, the voters are going to look for reasons not to give it to an Oklahoma QB
    He has Top 5 Heisman odds:

https://newsok.com/article/5630132/o...5-heisman-odds

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    oh, he will be a finalist... and that alone is amazing for OU... but i don't think he has any real chance of actually getting the votes to win. i don't think the voters want to give OU a third one in a row

Blog Entries

From ESPN's Post Spring Game Power polls:

No. 4 Oklahoma

Jalen Hurts might not win the Heisman Trophy and go No. 1 in the NFL draft like his two Oklahoma predecessors, Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. Still, the Sooners are squarely in position to make the playoff for a fourth time in five seasons with Hurts at quarterback. Not only was Hurts spectacular in OU's spring game, he has quickly taken over a prominent leadership role in the locker room despite being in Norman only four months. -- Jake Trotter

Yeah I think there's zero chance he'll get the Heisman, at least unless everyone else in contention just falls apart. Or unless he like stops a terrorist attack or something else so that he's humanitarian of the year.

Thread Information