Widgets Magazine

Thread: Homegoods

Edmond Homegoods

I went into TJMaxx on 33rd in Edmond today. I was talking to the store manager and remarked that as crowded as it was, they might need to get a bigger store. She said that their Homegoods would be coming in March and taking over the old Homeland space. They will have more room after the furnature items move over there but not really anymore space for them. I think this is real good news for Edmond. Now Edmond and north side shoppers will not have to travel to Norman to shop at a Homegoods store. Also nice to have something fill up the vacant space.

Default Re: Homegoods

Oh man! I love Home Goods! Good news!

They have been looking at that spot for a long time and I just checked; still not a done deal.

If they open, it would be in the fall at the earliest.

I am just repeating what one of the store managers said. Maybe its still in the planning stage but would be very happy to have one in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I am just repeating what one of the store managers said. Maybe its still in the planning stage but would be very happy to have one in Edmond.
    Understand and appreciate the info!

I think it will happen but it's been a very slow moving deal.

oklip955, while I was visiting family in Edmond during Thanksgiving weekend, I went to the 33 Street store and when I checked out at the cashier area, I inquired as to why there was not a HomeGoods store in the Edmond community. The employee stated they will be opening up a HomeGoods concept in March. It sounds like the rumor swirl is pretty strong, however, as Pete stated, it most likely will happen! I am assuming their negotiating lease terms?

7. Default Re: Homegoods

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Understand and appreciate the info!

I think it will happen but it's been a very slow moving deal.
    I can attest to what Pete says in theory. A deal can be moving along (at snail pace or warp speed), even to the point that people know about it, but until that ink is dry on the lease you can't count on it. Deals DO fall apart that look for sure, even with both parties are willing and wanting to make a deal. But this deal, from an outsider prospective but within that industry, has a very good chance of making it to the finish line as that property already has a same-company store in its center. So, both parties are familiar with each other and have already worked out issues on a lease before.

Saw this in the Business section of the Daily newspaper. It appears this is a go ahead in Edmond.

https://oklahoman.com/article/563776...for-aug-3-2019

^

Yes, taken a long time to finalize but has been in the works for a couple of years.

Homegoods in Edmond opens March 29th.

All stocked up and ready to go; the opening has been delayed:

Since TJ Maxx and Marshall's in the metro have now opened back since the pandemic began, do we know if this has officially opened as well?

It has yet to open.

They are now open in Edmond.

Hours are 10A-7P Mon-Sa and 11A-7P on Sunday. They have a sign asking all customers to wear masks.

Thread Information