I went to the "NW Corridor Study Meeting" tonight held by EMBARK at OCU. Somewhere between 60 and 120 people were there or came through. EMBARK had a informal meet and greet before the formal presentation in Meinder's Hall.

Apparently, we were one of five US cities to receive money for a planning grant to cover analysis of the area from the downtown EMBARK transit center up Classen and NW Expressway to roughly Meridian.

I will post pictures and the map that they sent out in the press release. I also have many thoughts about the study, the study results, and BRT in general. Kudos to the people involved in the study including the EMBARK's chief Transit Planner Larry Hopper, EMBARK staff, the OKC Planning Department, ACOG, and the OU Institute for Quality Communities.

One of the things that struck me, is by having OUIQC involved, illustrations and details were created that dealt with many chaotic and dangerous intersections affecting pedestrians and bicyclists.

Generally there are many "pro's and cons" related to BRT and it's effectiveness. However I am glad that they are giving this corridor attention and analysis that it deserves. Particularly in advance of the next GO Bond, MAPS 4, or potential FTA funds that may enable implementation in the next few years.