Widgets Magazine

Thread: Wood Chips?

Default Wood Chips?

Anyone know where I might pick up 2 or 3 pickup loads of wood chips to fill a raised bed planter on the cheap? N OKC or Edmond area

TIA!

Default Re: Wood Chips?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Anyone know where I might pick up 2 or 3 pickup loads of wood chips to fill a raised bed planter on the cheap? N OKC or Edmond area

TIA!
    Haven't tried it personally, but seems legit: https://getchipdrop.com/

Call Asp.... the tree triming company or one of the other big ones. They are always looking for a place to dump wood chips. Like in free. I've gotten some for church playground. It takes a bit to sort of unusable stuff but usually decent hard woods. There was a pile on an acreage near me in edmond. They were allowing the tree companies to dump and then letting people come and get them. Not sure if they are still doing that. Hope this helps

4. Default Re: Wood Chips?

We’ve used chip drop three times now. Perfect every time and free. Actually have a pile right now they delivered I need to distribute.

Speaking of wood chips, are there any companies in OKC/Mustang/Yukon that will come to my house and run a bunch of limbs that I trimmed through a chipper and haul the chipped up wood away?

Big junk day is 2-3 weeks away and I have too much to set at the curb. Really don’t want all the limbs sitting in my yard for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless85 View Post
    Speaking of wood chips, are there any companies in OKC/Mustang/Yukon that will come to my house and run a bunch of limbs that I trimmed through a chipper and haul the chipped up wood away?

Big junk day is 2-3 weeks away and I have too much to set at the curb. Really don’t want all the limbs sitting in my yard for very long.
    You haven't seen the orange Asplundh trucks around? Also, almost any tree removal service will do it. After needing some stump grinding done, the house across the street called the same company to remove some very large trees in both the front and back yards. They were there for 3 days cutting and grinding. Can't recall the name at the moment, but every tree removal company will do it, that's what they're for. OG&E contracted with another company that was going down the street trimming away from the lines, same result, the brought the grinder and took care of the branches right there.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    We’ve used chip drop three times now. Perfect every time and free. Actually have a pile right now they delivered I need to distribute.
    Thanks, that would work great if they could just give advanced notice on when they were going to drop. Unfortunately they would have to drop them in my driveway and there is usually a truck and a trailer parked there most days.

Just remember if you are building up the flower bed above floor level to put in a vapor/water barrier between house and soil. A friend of mine built one up on the front of his house and had his inside wall getting damp because he didn't put one in.

9. Default Re: Wood Chips?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Thanks, that would work great if they could just give advanced notice on when they were going to drop. Unfortunately they would have to drop them in my driveway and there is usually a truck and a trailer parked there most days.
    Once they dropped without notice. The two other times they contacted me prior to delivery (like maybe an hour heads up).

10. Default Re: Wood Chips?

Most any trimmer will do that. However, I've found they often have a minimum of $200-$300.

We always wait until someone in the neighborhood is having it done and then we go up and offer $100 to come chip up and haul our's away. Done it a few times now.

We also have a large fire pit I built and we burn in it year round.

Try : R&B Turf and Tree, 609-0211

Thread Information