Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McAlister's Deli

Large Chain McAlister's Deli

They have purchased the old Lin's restaurant at 6220 SW 3rd and it may already be demolished by now.

https://www.mcalistersdeli.com/

Currently 14 locations in Oklahoma.

Default Re: McAlister's Deli

I mean Lin's building wasn't that old. I guess modifying it was more expensive than just starting over

Sometimes that's just the way it is. Looks like McAlister's wanted the location, not the building.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Sometimes that's just the way it is. Looks like McAlister's wanted the location, not the building.
    oh yah.. I mean nothing significant about the building. just seems like a big expense

McAlisters will be a good addition down in that area. We always liked it, just not one at a very convenient location for us to go eat. Glad to see they are expanding some.

Their building permits have been issued for the NW Expressway location in front of the old Marriott. Work should be starting soon.

I believe this opened the end of last week

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    I believe this opened the end of last week
    You might be thinking of the new location on I-40 and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    You might be thinking of the new location on I-40 and Rockwell
    Oh yes, that is the one I was talking about!! Thanks

Work has started on NW Ex:

They are absolutely flying on this NW Expressway location. Was told they will open not long after the first of the year.

There's Panera, Schlotzsky's, Starbucks (they sell sandwiches), Beverly's (ditto), and now McAlister's, making 5 places to get sandwiches on that corner.

And all of them seem to be busy.

It's a great location due to traffic, visibility, high concentration of housing and the thousands that work at Baptist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And all of them seem to be busy.

It's a great location due to traffic, visibility, high concentration of housing and the thousands that work at Baptist.
    Yep, kind of like the Starbucks/gas station thinking - put things on opposite corners because people won't turn around to go to one, but they'll stop at one that's on their side of the road. And yeah, Baptist workers and visitors are probably a huge chunk of all of those places' business, and is about the only reason I can think of that Beverly's is still in business.

That Chipotle is a madhouse.

I've stopped trying to go; the crowds aren't worth it.

The Whataburger at NW 52nd and May is an absolute machine as well. I've been there at pretty much all hours of the day and it's hard to find a time when it isn't hopping.

They had a security guard on duty when I went last night.

Interesting. I go there for lunch somewhat often and it's almost always easy to get in and out of. Typically there prior to 12:30 so maybe it starts to fill up after that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    They had a security guard on duty when I went last night.
    And today at lunch... did something happen?

Press release:

McAlister’s Deli® Opening Fourth Restaurant in Oklahoma City
    New location opening this spring

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (February 6, 2020) – The Saxton Group, a leading owner and operator of McAlister’s Deli® restaurants, will open its fourth McAlister’s Deli in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma early this spring. Known for its genuine hospitality, McAlister’s is home to handcrafted sandwiches, always-fresh salads, giant stuffed spuds, and McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea™

The Oklahoma City restaurant will be located at 3221 NW Expressway in Oklahoma City. The restaurant is 2,985 square feet and will seat up to 128 guests. The NW Expressway location will feature a pick-up window, allowing guests to drive-thru and retrieve their online order without having to get out of their car.

“We’re thrilled to bring another McAlister’s Deli to Oklahoma City. With three restaurants already in the metroplex and 19 restaurants across the state, Oklahomans are proving to be some of our most loyal guests,” said Co-CEO and Owner of The Saxton Group, Adam Saxton. “We want everyone in Oklahoma City to conveniently experience what McAlister’s Deli has to offer and with a fourth location, we feel we can accomplish that. We’re looking forward to better serving our friends in Oklahoma.”

The restaurant will be operated by Dallas-based McAlister’s Deli franchisee The Saxton Group and will represent the franchisee’s 84th McAlister’s Deli restaurant. The Saxton Group plans to hire 75 employees at the Oklahoma City restaurant.

The new Oklahoma City restaurant will provide customers with a fast-casual dining experience and a friendly atmosphere with exceptional service. The restaurant will offer a menu featuring over 100 items including: sandwiches, giant spuds, entrée salads, soups, desserts and its signature McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea™. In addition to serving dine-in guests, McAlister’s Deli in Oklahoma City at NW Expressway will provide online ordering for takeout and catering guests on the go.

About McAlister’s Deli
    Founded in 1989, McAlister’s Deli® is a fast casual restaurant chain known for its genuine hospitality, sandwiches, spuds, soups, salads, desserts and McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea™. In addition to dine-in and take-out service, McAlister’s also offers catering with a selection of sandwich trays, box lunches, desserts, a hot spud bar and more. With numerous industry accolades, the McAlister’s brand has more than 450 restaurants in 27 states. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga. For more information, visit www.mcalistersdeli.com, and find McAlister’s on social media at www.Facebook.com/McAlistersDeli, www.Twitter.com/McAlistersDeli and www.Instagram.com/McAlistersDeli.

McAlister’s is recognized in the top 50 of the 2019 “Entrepreneur Franchise 500” and in the top three of “Entrepreneur’s Top Food Franchises: Sandwiches.” In 2018, Time Money ranked McAlister’s #9 in the outlet’s “15 best fast-casual restaurant chains in the U.S. for your money.” McAlister’s is also ranked in “The QSR 50” for 2018, as well as Fast Casual’s “Top 100 Movers & Shakers.” In 2017, Restaurant Business ranked McAlister’s as one of “America’s Best Fast-Food Chains” and QSR named McAlister’s as one of their “Best Franchise Deals.” In 2016, McAlister’s was highlighted by Restaurant Business as the #2 “Consumer Favorite Fast Casual Chain” and by CNBC.com as “America’s Favorite Sandwich Shop.”

About The Saxton Group
    The Saxton Group is a Dallas based multi-unit restaurant franchisee with a 35-year history of exclusively franchising restaurant leading brands. The company is one of the largest McAlister’s Deli franchisees in the country and is a Restaurant Franchise Monitor Top 100 Franchisee. The Saxton Group is family owned and operated with rich history of multi-unit development. Initially a small operation with a single restaurant, the group has evolved into industry veterans and leaders with 80 locations in six states. They take pride in operating the McAlister’s Deli brand at the very highest level and forming deep relationships within the communities where their restaurants are located. For more information, please visit www.thesaxtongroup.com.

They look like they could open any day:

Opening date is March 20th.

Blog Entries

Great improvement to that whole property. Now, if they can just replace the 7-11 with something decent. It is a run down store and you almost have an accident with anyone trying to get to the gas pumps.

Looks like there is no direct pedestrian access from the hotel. You have to walk almost back to NW Expy to get past the retaining wall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Looks like there is no direct pedestrian access from the hotel. You have to walk almost back to NW Expy to get past the retaining wall.
    We talk about walkability and we don’t think people can walk a few hundred feet? It’s basically just out the front door. Closer than walking to their car in the parking lot.

Thread Information