Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Results 226 to 231 of 231
  1. #226

    Default Re: 2019 Legislative Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Based on a mis-reading by Scalia, and even he said that the 2nd Amendment has limits.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bd6_story.html
    Yeah, like we all shouldn't be walking around with Uzi's. You know good and well he would have never supported severe restrictions. Background checks, limits to mentally questionable people or convicted violent crime committers, sure. I'd question exactly where he would place a limit on automatic weapons.

  2. #227

    Default Re: 2019 Legislative Season

    Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Yeah, like we all shouldn't be walking around with Uzi's. You know good and well he would have never supported severe restrictions. Background checks, limits to mentally questionable people or convicted violent crime committers, sure. I'd question exactly where he would place a limit on automatic weapons.
    Auto-fire weapons are already heavily regulated, have been since about '86. It's been illegal to manufacture auto-fire weapons for sale to the general public since then. And owning a pre-ban auto-fire is highly regulated as well. I believe you actually have to obtain an FFL, which is decidedly more difficult and expensive to obtain that just going through a background check. Not to mention the market forces that have caused the value of these pre-ban weapons to skyrocket.

  3. #228

    Default Re: 2019 Legislative Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Auto-fire weapons are already heavily regulated, have been since about '86. It's been illegal to manufacture auto-fire weapons for sale to the general public since then. And owning a pre-ban auto-fire is highly regulated as well. I believe you actually have to obtain an FFL, which is decidedly more difficult and expensive to obtain that just going through a background check. Not to mention the market forces that have caused the value of these pre-ban weapons to skyrocket.
    Weird, we can ban or highly regulate automatic guns but high capacity magazines and very modified ARs would be trampling all over our rights

  4. #229

    Default Re: 2019 Legislative Season

    Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Weird, we can ban or highly regulate automatic guns but high capacity magazines and very modified ARs would be trampling all over our rights
    It's a slippery slope, always. Plus, an auto-fire would burn through one of those "high-capacity" mags in about a second and a half.

    And a "modified" AR is still a gun that shoots a .223 round with every trigger pull, even if you hook a chain saw to it. Which is no different than a zillion other models of fire arms that fire even more powerful rounds of ammunition no less. So while focusing on those things is "out of bounds", it's just stupid.

  5. #230

  6. #231

    Default Re: 2019 Legislative Season

    The laws are set for November first and there’s plenty to go around.

    Couple of them are minors being allowed into liquor stores, speed limits going up in phases, etc. It will be time to start a 2020 thread soon!

    https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/from...1d39a9700.html

    https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...48f4ca214.html

    On a side note I wish NewsOk was half as good as Tulsa world. Pete should newsok first chance he gets!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OKC Energy FC 2019
    By Tydude in forum Sports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 12:01 PM
  2. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-01-2018, 07:54 PM
  3. 2017 OK Legislative Season - Awareness Thread
    By TU 'cane in forum Politics
    Replies: 477
    Last Post: 12-22-2017, 01:41 PM
  4. OKC to host Southern Legislative Conference
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 08:40 AM
  5. Legislative Food Fight
    By Keith in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO