Widgets Magazine

Thread: Will the Windsor Hills/Pennington Ten, Lyons Park Neighborhoods see revitalization?

Default Will the Windsor Hills/Pennington Ten, Lyons Park Neighborhoods see revitalization?

Will these neighborhoods see revitalization and will property values in this area increase in the next 5-10 years as we have seen other areas like the plaza district and paseo? Myself and a relative were discussing this part of town and she said she’d never invest in property in these neighborhoods as they seem to improve and then decline again.

Default Re: Will the Windsor Hills/Pennington Ten, Lyons Park Neighborhoods see revitalizatio

I think the problem is it is outside the loop and for Pennington NW 10th is nearby. I would consider Windsor hills, but fundamentally it is a different product than 10 Penn and gatewood.

Default Re: Will the Windsor Hills/Pennington Ten, Lyons Park Neighborhoods see revitalizatio

The main problems with Windsor hills is what surounds it on it’s borders. Along 23rd street around all the apartments and to the south, and along Meridian. And over along the west side around 36th & MacArthur. The heart of Windsor Hills is still pretty nice. There are a lot of nice homes in there.

Lyons Park isn't the nicest neighborhood, but it's fairly quiet. I have noticed that homes in it are selling at a bit higher than in the past. My mother attempted to buy one down the street from me for the convenience of being close since she's out of town a lot and she put a bid in the first day it was listed... and there were already 14 bids. It was under contract within a day, and that's not the first instance of that happening when she submitted an offer. A lot of them appear to be flippers, but they're restoring them nicely at least.

Pennington 10 has the same problem that Rezman describes about the borders - mainly the apartments at 31st and Portland (right on the edge of Pennington 10 and Skyline). I'm not too familiar with the western side of Pennington along Meridian, though.

What is the history for those bigger houses in the area. Like bush hills ect?

Thread Information