Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hi Fi Burger

1. Default Hi Fi Burger

I went to check out Hi Fi today. It started as a food truck and has just recently moved in to the old Del Rancho site in Moore. I had the Onion Burger with a side of Onion Rings. Both were outstanding and the burger is one of the best I've had in the OKC area. If you go, be ready for some sticker shock though. It was the most I've ever paid for a burger.

2. Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Wow you weren't kidding. $11 for a burger. They even charge to add on veggies lol. They are trying to out price Five Guys!

Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I went to check out Hi Fi today. It started as a food truck and has just recently moved in to the old Del Rancho site in Moore. I had the Onion Burger with a side of Onion Rings. Both were outstanding and the burger is one of the best I've had in the OKC area. If you go, be ready for some sticker shock though. It was the most I've ever paid for a burger.
    where is this? i can think of two spots that would qualify as 'old del rancho site'... is this on main street where fatty's smokehouse is/was? or is this on 12th & i-35 where del rancho has been operating lately? i wasn't aware that either of those had closed.

4. Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Where Fatty's was.

huh. just found out via fatty's facebook page... would've thought they had enough traffic to stay in business. and apparently, they're now selling cannabis-infused barbecue sauce.

6. Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    cannabis-infused barbecue sauce.
    Now that is peak Oklahoma

7. Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    huh. just found out via fatty's facebook page... would've thought they had enough traffic to stay in business. and apparently, they're now selling cannabis-infused barbecue sauce.
    I don't know the entire backstory but one of the owners had some personal issues, possibly substance abuse, that he had under control for a few years but relapsed dealing with running a business in the time of Covid.... They posted a fairly long FB live video that briefly touched on it.

I believe the owner was the founder of the original S&B's.

9. Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I believe the owner was the founder of the original S&B's.
    I've heard that as well. His burgers are a lot better than S&B's.

I've heard that as well. His burgers are a lot better than S&B's.
    Went to the Midtown S&B Saturday, and won't be going back anytime soon. Way too many burger options in OKC, I'm surprised its stayed open this long with such a mediocre burger.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Went to the Midtown S&B Saturday, and won't be going back anytime soon. Way too many burger options in OKC, I'm surprised its stayed open this long with such a mediocre burger.
    Agree. For me, the original S&B on May was always the best, but I haven't been to any of their locations in years, and the founder became disconnected from the business several years ago.

I did have a decent burger at Spark. I got the Spark burger and give it two thumbs up. It was almost as good as a Shake Shack burger and somewhat in the same vein. I especially liked their crispy crinkle-cut fries.

Agree. For me, the original S&B on May was always the best, but I haven't been to any of their locations in years, and the founder became disconnected from the business several years ago.

I did have a decent burger at Spark. I got the Spark burger and give it two thumbs up. It was almost as good as a Shake Shack burger and somewhat in the same vein. I especially liked their crispy crinkle-cut fries.
    The original on May is still owned separately by one of the original owners Shannon with Happy Plate Concepts (Original S&B location, Taqueria el camino in the edmond railyard, Railyard Pie Co in Edmond railyard, and the Sunnyside Diner locations.) The menu is pretty different at this point and they have a lot more robust vegan/vegetarian options compared to the corporate owned S&Bs. I have been to the one on May a handful of times over the last few years, it is still the most consistent location. All the other S&B location are operated by Quail Springs Culinary (Jimmy's Egg, Poblano Grill, Pepperoni Grill, Texlahoma, Bricktown Brewery.) What is kind of crazy is the corporate locations all have slightly different menus, the core is the same but they retain different past LTO items.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    The original on May is still owned separately by one of the original owners Shannon with Happy Plate Concepts (Original S&B location, Taqueria el camino in the edmond railyard, Railyard Pie Co in Edmond railyard, and the Sunnyside Diner locations.) The menu is pretty different at this point and they have a lot more robust vegan/vegetarian options compared to the corporate owned S&Bs. I have been to the one on May a handful of times over the last few years, it is still the most consistent location. All the other S&B location are operated by Quail Springs Culinary (Jimmy's Egg, Poblano Grill, Pepperoni Grill, Texlahoma, Bricktown Brewery.) What is kind of crazy is the corporate locations all have slightly different menus, the core is the same but they retain different past LTO items.
    You got anything about Hi Fi Burger?

Yeah, it is okay but not mind blowing. I would much rather Nic’s or Patty Wagon.

15. Default Re: Hi Fi Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    You got anything about Hi Fi Burger?
    Tagging on to what CWCF posted, Hi Fi is owned by the “B” in S&B; Bryan. “S” being Shannon. Bryan owned and operated Electrolounge, a great music-focused bar in what became the first S&B. The original S&B started really organically when those guys started doing burgers together in the bar for patrons, then expanded to lunch, then ultimately changed into a full-on burger place.

The rock n roll interior decor and menu theme was inspired by the music-forward Electrolounge - which for quite a while even had a weekly remote broadcast new music show with Ferris from The Spy - plus a general love of music. Seems like that theme is carried over to Hi-Fi quite a bit.

They had a split after licensing the S&B brand to the aforementioned restaurant group.

I’ve only eaten from the Hi-Fi truck, but recall it being pretty great. Need to go check out the new joint.

I have been wanting to go to Spark, I think I will go to Spark next weekend and try it out

Thread Information