Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

Great concept, great design. The food was somewhat underwhelming.

We absolutely loved it when we went and found the food to be less overpriced than The Collective. Seemed classier, but with more space and killer upstairs patio -- just a better execution in our opinions. We had pizza and then churro bread pudding from one of the places upstairs (forgot the name of the place, unfortunately) and loved both of them.

Went last night around 6 and stayed until around 8 and by the time I left, that place was absolutely packed and more people were streaming in.

I would have loved to have stayed longer but my friends were in a crabby mood and wanted someplace more laid back. (In fairness it was loud and getting very busy but it was Saturday night after all...)

Word is out now and this place is becoming an absolute sensation.

Here now, arrived around 2:30. It's been super slow, but that's to be expected at this hour on a Wednesday.

Had the Kimchi Fried Rice with spicy pork and 100% worth the cost of entry ($12).

Space is really cool. I've been to neither southern California nor Boston/New York City, but it feels like The Collective is more California and Parlor more Boston.

^

Love that kimchi fried rice. They also make their own chili sauce (the red bottle) that is sweet and a little spicy. Super good.

It stays busy in the evenings and on the weekend. I was there on a Monday about 5 and there were a fair amount of people there.

Already one of my favorite spots in OKC.

We had dinner here before the Nick Offerman show. I really love the space and we had the Papusas and the mother cluckers chicken and enjoyed them both. My dates old fashioned from the "Draft" he loved. I had the bloody mary and they asked if I wanted spicy and I did. he said for spicy it has a bit because they use a Jalapeno Simple syrup. The BM was ok but the spice wasn't the problem it was using a simple syrup to spice it. This made it sweet and a BM should be savory and not sweet in my opinion. I look forward to going back but wont do a Spicy BM.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I've been to neither southern California nor Boston/New York City, but it feels like The Collective is more California and Parlor more Boston.
    This, IMO, is a perfect description.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    ... I look forward to going back but wont do a Spicy BM.
    Folks don't usually have much choice in that matter, especially after eating super-hot salsa...

9. Default Re: Parlor OKC

Ate here Sat night with couple of friends, we enjoyed it. Food was good, pizza and the chicken place. It can get loud, and it was busy, just a nice mix of people overall. Not all the menu items appeal to me, but I'll try as much as I can there. Cool place!

Was there last evening and a really good crowd for a Wednesday night, even after the Thunder game started.

They are adding an enclosed cover to about 2/3rd of the upstairs patio.

Also, first time I had the pizza and holy cow, it's darn good.

HangryHippo Guest

That pizza looks incredible!

oh man... detroit style pizza in okc?! it looks like they got the 'burnt' crust just right. i'll have to check this place out to see how it stacks up to buddy's!

Blog Entries

I very much enjoy the pizza there

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    oh man... detroit style pizza in okc?! it looks like they got the 'burnt' crust just right. i'll have to check this place out to see how it stacks up to buddy's!
    It was nicely burnt... Really, really good.

I'm a thin crust fan, but I absolutely love the Detroit-style at Parlor.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I'm a thin crust fan, but I absolutely love the Detroit-style at Parlor.
    Same here. I don't know exactly how they do that crust but it tastes like there is a lot of butter involved.

I will add a +1 on that pizza. It's tremendous.

checked out providence pizza at parlor for lunch and wow that ticks pretty much all of the boxes for detroit style pizza for me. the only thing that i scratched my head on was adding the sauce after the cook. the sauce *should* be on top of everything else, but adding it before the baking process allows the flavors to concentrate a little more. this is being totally picky and providence's method didn't ruin it at all for me... totally an awesome pizza and i'm really glad that somebody has brought the style to okc.the space is really cool and i'm going to have to check out some of the other concepts in there... it's so close to our office that i have little excuse not to just walk there. really glad to have more options in the area where i can do that... i'm pretty much permanently burned out from jimmy johns for exactly that reason.

I really like the Korean place and prefer the hot chicken place to Nashbird.

I've heard really good things about Burger Pig.

I'm sure the rest are good too, just haven't tried them.

Big fan of The Parlor in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    checked out providence pizza at parlor for lunch and wow that ticks pretty much all of the boxes for detroit style pizza for me. the only thing that i scratched my head on was adding the sauce after the cook. the sauce *should* be on top of everything else, but adding it before the baking process allows the flavors to concentrate a little more. this is being totally picky and providence's method didn't ruin it at all for me... totally an awesome pizza and i'm really glad that somebody has brought the style to okc.the space is really cool and i'm going to have to check out some of the other concepts in there... it's so close to our office that i have little excuse not to just walk there. really glad to have more options in the area where i can do that... i'm pretty much permanently burned out from jimmy johns for exactly that reason.
    I was there for lunch today too (got some hot chicken) but I could smell the pizza, and it smelled amazing. If I hadn't had pizza twice this week already I would have given it a try.

I'm a total New York-style pizza snob and even I loved the pizza I had from there.

Sura (the korean place) recently catered at a party I was at and I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed motherclucker to nashbird, pales only to chicken and wolf in tulsa. I've yet to go to burger pig or providence, but hear great things.

Last time I was at parlor I stopped by el guate and ordered the street tacos. It was deconstructed and I had to put it together myself akin to lettuce wraps. Ended up with more beef/onion mix than I did tortillas. Ingredients were good, but I'd rather them give me less and have them put it together.

Burger Pig is closing after this weekend.

Will be replaced by this BBQ place which currently has a location on NW Expressway:

https://www.facebook.com/smokedoutbbqokc

HangryHippo Guest

Didn't Dave Cathey just do his review of Burger Pig in the Oklahoman? Are they moving to their own location or did it flop?

^

Yes, reviewed it a week ago.

I do not believe they are moving, just closing.

Thread Information