Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Mother Clucker has closed.
    They still serve food on Postmates under the name Down to Cluck. I ordered it last night and it was delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They still serve food on Postmates under the name Down to Cluck. I ordered it last night and it was delicious.
    Good to know! I really like their food.

Good to know! I really like their food.
    I’m not sure it can be ordered any other way though other than apps. They address listed on Postmates says they are on Memorial.

^

Looks like they are cooking out of Henry Hudson's on 58th near Baptist Hospital and another on Memorial.

Maybe more locations depending on where you want delivery.

5. Default Re: Parlor OKC

I tried the BBQ place on Friday and enjoyed it. Parking lot was just about full but I didn't see many diners.

That is great news. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    That is great news. Thanks.
    They are among my favorite chicken place in the metro. I love their Ghost Fries as well. I’ve ordered dozens of times and haven’t been disappointed yet.

They are among my favorite chicken place in the metro. I love their Ghost Fries as well. I’ve ordered dozens of times and haven’t been disappointed yet.
    So can you only order it through Postmates, or am I able to place an order with them and pick it up myself?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    So can you only order it through Postmates, or am I able to place an order with them and pick it up myself?
    I just checked and it looks like they offer free pickup.

Damn, must be in the minority on the board but I think Nashbird is much better than mother clucker.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Damn, must be in the minority on the board but I think Nashbird is much better than mother clucker.
    I'm with you 100%.

You're not alone. My wife and my sons all prefer Nashbird, and it works out well now that there's one in Edmond. Personally, I prefer the seasoning and breading from mother clucker, but this is why ice cream comes in so many flavors. The Nashbird chicken always seems a bit greasier to me. But I love their biscuits!

I finally got takeout from Nashbird during the ice-storm-electricity-pandemic. It was pretty awesome.

14. Default Re: Parlor OKC

I suggested dinner at The Parlor to some out of town work guests, and we went tonight. After we had a drink and then dinner, they did music bingo and it was busy. Good to see this and we had a nice time. My guests were quite happy I suggested going there. Up beat, lively, good crowd, food was all good.

Yes they have done amazing with the programming. There is basically something every night of the week. Trivia, Bingo, Karaoke, Live music.

Went by Tuesday night and the place was jamming. Really glad it looks like they will hang on at least until the place next door and eventually across the street finishes

16. Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Yes they have done amazing with the programming. There is basically something every night of the week. Trivia, Bingo, Karaoke, Live music.

Went by Tuesday night and the place was jamming. Really glad it looks like they will hang on at least until the place next door and eventually across the street finishes
    ^^ Good to know. Thank you. I do carryout many times and didn't realize all the programing. Kind of bummed the BBQ place closed, but I tried the new chicken place and enjoyed it.

Something called Disco Taco is coming to the first level of the Parlor later this month.

They describe themselves as Mexican fusion.

Something called Disco Taco is coming to the first level of the Parlor later this month.

They describe themselves as Mexican fusion.
    I'm glad they're getting in a new Mexican place. That's almost essential for a good food hall, imo.

I agree, Nahbirds jumbo tenders are always tender which can be difficult to do with breast meat. I love NB's!

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    I agree, Nahbirds jumbo tenders are always tender which can be difficult to do with breast meat. I love NB's!
    I enjoy both kinds of chicken but Nashbird's are so oily they upset my Tender disposition. Mother Clucker is dryer but not terribly tough.

^^

Wow that looks choice! Thanks for sharing.

Saw the name and thought "Cal's Chicago Style Eatery" has renamed and moved, but guess not. We were just wondering if Cal's was still open, but since they're further away from us than Parlor, we'll go here and try one of their Italian Beefs instead.

Angry Re: Parlor OKC

That’s my guy Callahan! He has amazing food including veggie dogs! Great guy with a great story.

I look forward to trying it this monday. Sadly the hotdog place I used to go to (doggy style in edmond) went back to food truck.

Thread Information