Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

Just went by there...

• MOB Grill is open and moved down to the 1st level in the old Sura Eats spot
    • Providence Pizza was open
    • Pachinko Parlor was open
    • Smoked Out BBQ was not open; not sure of their status (they are still operating their original location on NW Expressway)
    • Mother Clucker was open
    • Grafitti was open
    • El Guate was closed before the pandemic but has the MOB sign on it; think the MOB operated in there very briefly before Parlor closed, then they moved downstairs. That spot is currently empty.

The Bars were not open but will be this Friday and Saturday nights. Not sure about after that.

I had some Providence Pizza take out and it was so insanely good. Maybe my favorite pizza in town. I will miss it so much when the Parlor closes (which seems likely? There was absolutely no one in there last night at 6:30).

Parlor is a great place to eat and hang out. I'm with you on the Survivability of these places. It's a hard enough industry to make money when everything is normal. Take out and delivery orders can't keep up with the overhead. Sad situation all around.

I have a coworker who got Mother Clucker as take out yesterday and said it was mostly inedible. She said she got the medium spice and it wasn't spicy at all and about half of it was rubbery. I have been there about six times and have never had a bad experience there. I hope it was just a bad batch of chicken and getting back into the swing of things.

Blog Entries

GF and I went to Parlor last night for a nibble and for the monster shake at mother clucker (biggest motivator). They were not making the shake until Monday they said. Was a disappointment. Ate at Graffiti, very yummy. We dined in and were literally the only people sitting in the dinning room (upstairs) for like an hour (this is not actually a complaint!). Saw a few folks picking up their takeout. Going to take a minute to experience recovery here.

^

All the posts on social media by Parlor has said they are open for carryout.

Strongly implies you can't dine in, so I'm not surprised there was almost no one doing so.

When I went in on Wednesday, it was very unclear if I could eat in there or not.

Blog Entries

Oops, yeah there no signs indicating we couldn't eat in....

^

Their policy is completely unclear.

And if they don't want people dining in there should have stacked up the chairs.

Yea the way I read the social media posts, was that carryout was the only option except for tonight (Friday) and Saturday night. In which there will be live music both nights.

I don't even know who is running the place now.

It's my understanding the Parlor guys from KC are completely out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I have a coworker who got Mother Clucker as take out yesterday and said it was mostly inedible. She said she got the medium spice and it wasn't spicy at all and about half of it was rubbery. I have been there about six times and have never had a bad experience there. I hope it was just a bad batch of chicken and getting back into the swing of things.
    I got Mother Clucker Wednesday evening and it was as good as I remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    I got Mother Clucker Wednesday evening and it was as good as I remembered it.
    Good to hear. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I had some Providence Pizza take out and it was so insanely good. Maybe my favorite pizza in town. I will miss it so much when the Parlor closes (which seems likely? There was absolutely no one in there last night at 6:30).
    So this Providence Pizza I keep hearing about that's fantastic - is it truly that much crust? Seems like a huge amount of carbs, wondering if it's worth it and how well it reheats (there's only two of us)?

Blog Entries

It's a good amount for splitting with another person, it's only like 8"x8", and it's thick but not the thickest pizza I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    It's a good amount for splitting with another person, it's only like 8"x8", and it's thick but not the thickest pizza I've ever had.
    Ah yeah, I misread the size on the menu, wife's computer wasn't quite right, now I see it says "serves 1-2" on mine, thanks.

16. Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Ah yeah, I misread the size on the menu, wife's computer wasn't quite right, now I see it says "serves 1-2" on mine, thanks.
    100% worth it. I typically prefer NY-style pizza, but this is one of the best pizzas I've ever had. The bread is pretty airy, so it's also not as heavy as it seems... but I've always split with at least 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    100% worth it. I typically prefer NY-style pizza, but this is one of the best pizzas I've ever had. The bread is pretty airy, so it's also not as heavy as it seems... but I've always split with at least 2 people.
    Thanks, might try them for our next takeout pizza. Sauced wasn't up to snuff last time, so we were going to do The Wedge, but this might take precedence.

Yeah, don't over think the style. Providence is just amazing food plain and simple. Get the motor city pizza.

i had providence last week and it was every bit as good as it was in the past. i was first introduced to detroit style at buddy's in dearborn and instantly became a fan... providence (in my opinion) stacks up with what i had there.

Wife saw a pic and said "Yeah, we should get them next time we do pizza", and Motor City was going to be my choice too.

Stopped by mother clucker today. Oddly enough, better than I remembered it to be? I was allowed to dine in. I also asked around and it seems like the KC people are still around?

22. Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Stopped by mother clucker today. Oddly enough, better than I remembered it to be? I was allowed to dine in. I also asked around and it seems like the KC people are still around?
    From what I've heard the KC group is in fact back managing after a meeting with the landlord. Apparently they have been working with a potential replacement as operator, but are giving the group one last shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    From what I've heard the KC group is in fact back managing after a meeting with the landlord. Apparently they have been working with a potential replacement as operator, but are giving the group one last shot.
    Good news.

The KC group has a big lease and a substantial obligation; they can't merely walk away without a big financial penalty.

HangryHippo Guest

What exactly has been the problem with the KC group? Is it the financial impacts of Covid? Or were there issues before?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What exactly has been the problem with the KC group? Is it the financial impacts of Covid? Or were there issues before?
    Before.

Not sure other than they have a huge rent payment; that place was a fortune to build out.

Thread Information