Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Its a little hidden maybe? It was super cool both times I went, but the first time I definitely had to keep my eyes peeled for it and only knew about it from here (although, to be fair, almost everything I know local-wise comes from here).
    Yes, as others have said, it's a destination... Not a place you would even know about unless you already knew where it was.

Very different than the high-profile Collective.

It’s a bummer places like this can’t seem to survive in OKC. The collective was pretty cool and it’s a great place, but I greatly prefer Parlor over collective. The atmosphere there was so beautiful and it really felt something in LA or San Francisco and I just don’t get those vibes at the collective. Hopefully they can make it work.

This area needs to be more built up with more residential. The metro isn’t enough.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The collective was pretty cool and it’s a great place, but I greatly Parlor over collective. The atmosphere there was so beautiful and it really felt something in LA or San Francisco and I just don’t get those vibes at the collective. Hopefully they can make it work.

This area needs to be more built up with more residential.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It’s a bummer places like this can’t seem to survive in OKC. The collective was pretty cool and it’s a great place, but I greatly Parlor over collective. The atmosphere there was so beautiful and it really felt something in LA or San Francisco and I just don’t get those vibes at the collective. Hopefully they can make it work.

This area needs to be more built up with more residential. The metro isn’t enough.
    The only other place remotely 'like this' is The Collective which is thriving.

And Parlor was still operating until the pandemic. The fact is hasn't reopened is not any sort of reflection on OKC. They haven't reopened in Kansas City either and that place had been established for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The only other place remotely 'like this' is The Collective which is thriving.

And Parlor was still operating until the pandemic. The fact is hasn't reopened is not any sort of reflection on OKC. They haven't reopened in Kansas City either and that place had been established for some time.
    In your own words you said this place was struggling before COVID. I personally was worried as I frequented here and found it to be rather empty. I had showed several people this place(most from Edmond) and their perception was that the places were too expensive. When I’m in Cali or Nevada I have peers and family who frequents with me the same type of establishments at the same price points. It’s my perception of OKC that many residents are cheap and don’t want to pay something many in other cities wouldn’t have a problem paying for a better atmosphere. Just my two cents.

^

It was slow at times because of the location, as evidenced by the popularity of The Collective which is absolutely not less expensive for food or drinks.

I have some friends (mid/late 20s) that weren't even aware that the Parlor existed until a few months ago, they had only heard of The Collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I have some friends (mid/late 20s) that weren't even aware that the Parlor existed until a few months ago, they had only heard of The Collective.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS

i was the person who told so many people Parlor even existed, and so many knew about Collective.

One of my favorite "hobbies" is telling my friends/co-workers about new developments in the city. I think it's easy to forget that the vast majority of citizens don't know about a lot projects here on the site. When I see a new development on here, I make a note to go visit it, but the majority of people my age I interact with have never heard of them,

One of my favorite "hobbies" is telling my friends/co-workers about new developments in the city. I think it's easy to forget that the vast majority of citizens don't know about a lot projects here on the site. When I see a new development on here, I make a note to go visit it, but the majority of people my age I interact with have never heard of them.
    Some of my good friends ask, "What are they building next to the arena?"

I want to beat them with my cell phone with OKCTalk open.

Tell 'em it's the new county jail.

12. Default Re: Parlor OKC

This is when this site could really use a gif reply option.

13. Default Re: Parlor OKC

One of my favorite "hobbies" is telling my friends/co-workers about new developments in the city. I think it's easy to forget that the vast majority of citizens don't know about a lot projects here on the site. When I see a new development on here, I make a note to go visit it, but the majority of people my age I interact with have never heard of them,
    I love it when my friends "find a new place" in OKC that we've known about forever here and has been open for months. They always act like they just discovered it.

Mother Clucker just posted on their Instagram that they are reopening on the 24th for curbside and delivery! This is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    Mother Clucker just posted on their Instagram that they are reopening on the 24th for curbside and delivery! This is great news!
    Excellent.

Gonna have to try it. I usually go to Nashbird.

Good news. Looks like they're safe (for now) after all! Posted to their IG and Facebook page:

✨ We are thrilled to announce Parlor will reopen its kitchens Wednesday, July 22 for takeout and delivery orders.
    ��We will also have two bar pop-ups: Friday, July 24 from 4pm to at least 10pm and Saturday, July 25 from 4pm to at least midnight. We will have live entertainment both evenings.
    �� We can’t wait to welcome back all our friends and supporters. Stay with us over the next week for updates on our kitchens, chefs and our full reopening. See you soon! #parlorvibes

Thanks very much for sharing.

I love that place.

Thanks very much for sharing.

I love that place.
    Me too. Just reading this thread, I thought I'd add that I brought my brother from San Fran and my friend from Baltimore to both Parlor and The Collective last fall. Both preferred Parlor. I was gutted reading some of the earlier messages about them possibly not making it, so this news makes me very happy.

I like The Collective fine and they have a superior location and patio but I really, really like Parlor.

They spent a ton of money in there and it shows.

Providence Pizza is fantastic! I don't know what it is, but i like the flow of Parlor over the Collective.

This is fantastic news. Love this place and will definitely order out from here in support!!!

They are opening their kitchens today; hours are 11-8.

However, very sad to report that Sura Eats is closed for good. It was my favorite place in Palor.

i'm hoping to grab something from providence pizza today myself...

They are opening their kitchens today; hours are 11-8.

However, very sad to report that Sura Eats is closed for good. It was my favorite place in Palor.
    Damn, that does suck. I think it rounded out my top 3 after providence and clucker.

Thread Information