Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

Anybody know what the going rate is for a spot in The Parlor/The Collective?

MOB Grill opens tomorrow, Monday 3/8 at 5PM.

This entire operation remains closed.

My understanding is the operator out of Kansas City has completely walked away and defaulted on their lease.

I know the landlord has been working to find someone else to take over.

The Parlor days are numbered and other concepts like those, or until a vaccine. That might be a pipe dream too.

The Collective has been open for a while and is doing great business.

HangryHippo Guest

****, really? That sucks! I loved the Parlor.

Does this include Eote?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Does this include Eote?
    No, that is actually owned by the landlords and in separate space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, that is actually owned by the landlords and in separate space.
    Would it be bad for the same operator of the Collective to take Parlor under its wing? My wife and I went out to the Collective a couple of nights ago and it was full. I really enjoyed how they have it setup currently.

Blog Entries

I've been wondering about this as I've swung by there a few times and it's been closed. Extreme bummer.

I nominate Good Egg to run it. Then they can test some of their concepts there first as well before graduating them to a standalone venue.

They have been talking to restaurant groups but what I'm told is they are wanting too much rent to make the deal work.

Might change the longer this place stays closed.

I really hope they can find a way to get up and running. I liked the space and food options a little more at the Parlor vs. the Collective.

Landlords who think their property is better than it actually is can easily end up losIng more long-term than if they’d just give a little on margin and work with tenants to make sure both sides can make a profit. I’m not saying that’s the case with the Parlor, but I’ve seen it happen many times.

that's sad... i've been wondering why they haven't made any attempt to reopen, even if for just carry out.

i'm really missing providence pizza.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    that's sad... i've been wondering why they haven't made any attempt to reopen, even if for just carry out.

i'm really missing providence pizza.
    Yep. Very sad because that pizza is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by theanvil View Post
    Landlords who think their property is better than it actually is can easily end up losIng more long-term than if they’d just give a little on margin and work with tenants to make sure both sides can make a profit. I’m not saying that’s the case with the Parlor, but I’ve seen it happen many times.
    Sometimes the Landlords don’t have a choice. Banks are looking for certain terms to make the financing work.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Sometimes the Landlords don’t have a choice. Banks are looking for certain terms to make the financing work.
    Sadly this is true. I’ve seen a lot of negotiations go on between restaurants and landlords. While a few of them are able to work out rent abatement for a couple of months, most are only able to get rent deferred for 2-3 months where it then has to be paid back by a certain point. Doesn’t sound bad at first but when you’re either operating at reduced capacity or people don’t feel safe going out to eat, it’s hard to pay all of that back. The only places where I’ve seen places negotiate flat out rent reductions are up in the northeast where they were hit a lot harder and/or they’re not able to find a better tenant.

That is pretty interesting based on the (I'm assuming) massive success of the Collective.
    I know things are atypical with covid but it is strange driving down 10th and seeing Fassler Hall and Bleu Garten relatively empty and every table at the Collective taken.
    I'm sure its location vs. the Parlor's played a massive role.

Blog Entries

Parlor has still been posting to social media...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB6UfWHB-bW/

This entire operation remains closed.

My understanding is the operator out of Kansas City has completely walked away and defaulted on their lease.

I know the landlord has been working to find someone else to take over.
    I overheard some developers talking months ago, pre-Covid, about how they didn't think Parlor would survive...

Did they give any reasons why they thought it wouldn't survive?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    I overheard some developers talking months ago, pre-Covid, about how they didn't think Parlor would survive...
    That is hard to believe. Pre Covid the place was absolutely packed every time I went. I would often go with buddies for a pre-game meal before Thunder games or just to grab something to eat and there would be wall-to-wall people in the middle of the week. And what's funny is we would comment all the time about how impressive it was to be so busy for an odd night.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    That is hard to believe. Pre Covid the place was absolutely packed every time I went. I would often go with buddies for a pre-game meal before Thunder games or just to grab something to eat and there would be wall-to-wall people in the middle of the week. And what's funny is we would comment all the time about how impressive it was to be so busy for an odd night.
    They were very slow during the day and most weeknights.

I was worried about them long before the pandemic; I really love the place but could tell they did not have enough business and had heard plenty of rumblings from people in that industry.

The Parlor and The Yard are the little brothers to The Collective and Bleu Garten.

Parlor and Yard need the surrounding areas to develop (especially residents). Bleu and Collective feed off each other and the atmosphere around it. Parlor and the Yard are still destination places.

They were very slow during the day and most weeknights.

I was worried about them long before the pandemic; I really love the place but could tell they did not have enough business and had heard plenty of rumblings from people in that industry.
    Its a little hidden maybe? It was super cool both times I went, but the first time I definitely had to keep my eyes peeled for it and only knew about it from here (although, to be fair, almost everything I know local-wise comes from here).

Thread Information