Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Burger Pig is closing after this weekend.

Will be replaced by this BBQ place which currently has a location on NW Expressway:

https://www.facebook.com/smokedoutbbqokc
    Between the name and the use of the green logo...wan't sure if selling BBQ or Medical Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Between the name and the use of the green logo...wan't sure if selling BBQ or Medical Marijuana
    I'm pretty sure there's a dispensary next door also.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a dispensary next door also.
    You could say that with reasonable certainty about most commercial locations in the metro right now.

Burger Pig closing makes me sad. Some of my favorite mac and cheese in the city...

Talked to Mark, the GM at The Parlor a few days ago and he said El Guate was closing. Burger place taking its place. Can’t remember off the top of my head. Doesn’t surprise me though as I’ve been with three people who ordered different items on different days from there and none of them were good.

That f@cking sucks if that’s the place I ordered from but I am not sure. I was there during the weekday and I loved the place. It seemed like there wasn’t too many people for a lunch rush. Sad. I hope this place survives. I will make it a point to keep spending lots of money here when I’m in town. Love the vibes here.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Talked to Mark, the GM at The Parlor a few days ago and he said El Guate was closing. Burger place taking its place. Can’t remember off the top of my head. Doesn’t surprise me though as I’ve been with three people who ordered different items on different days from there and none of them were good.
    As in Burger Pig that just closed is moving there, or another burger place altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That f@cking sucks if that’s the place I ordered from but I am not sure. I was there during the weekday and I loved the place. It seemed like there wasn’t too many people for a lunch rush. Sad. I hope this place survives. I will make it a point to keep spending lots of money here when I’m in town. Love the vibes here.
    What'd you order?

Stopped by Providence. It was great. Ordered one of their detroit style pizzas. It was doughy, but not thick. Really liked the edge pieces where the cheese ran off the edge and onto the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    What'd you order?

Stopped by Providence. It was great. Ordered one of their detroit style pizzas. It was doughy, but not thick. Really liked the edge pieces where the cheese ran off the edge and onto the bottom.
    I was hoping no one would ask this haha...

I order some nachos and Queso, and something like an enchilada but I don’t remember what it was. Everything was amazing.

I looooooooved the Detroit style pizza. The only places I didn’t manage to make it to are the ones that shut down except for El guate.

Sounds like El Guate

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    As in Burger Pig that just closed is moving there, or another burger place altogether?

Sorry, should have responded earlier. No, a place called Mob burgers or something like that is taking its place.

Sorry, should have responded earlier. No, a place called Mob burgers or something like that is taking its place.

11. Default Re: Parlor OKC

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I think that's currently a food truck. A bit greasy, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    I think that's currently a food truck. A bit greasy, but good.
    http://www.mobgrill.com/menu/

Marco's Onion Burger. I've tried it once at Bleu Garten awhile ago, and remember the burger being small for the price, but good.

Is Pachinko still there?

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Is Pachinko still there?
    Yes.

The Detroit style pizza place has amazing pizzas. They are just extremely expensive. I want them to do well, I just don't know if it is sustainable with their current pricing structure.

Is Pachinko still there?
    Pachinko is the Hidden Jewel of The Parlor.
    Too many folks settle for the hot chicken or Detroit Pizzas.
    It’s their loss.

Mob Grill and Smoked Out BBQ are now shown as 'coming soon' on the Parlor website.

Smoked Out BBQ had their sign up already and there were people behind the counter wearing their shirts.

Last photo shows new enclosed upstairs patio area:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Last photo shows new enclosed upstairs patio area:

Really Nice!

The Parlor continues to make big investment into this project.

It's a big asset to OKC.

This is great. I could never try them when they were on the north side, and this gives me a chance to give them a go now.

Finally tried the Detroit style pizza this week. So delicious! I felt hungover the next day, however. Perhaps a self-control issue because I ate 80% of it.

I do love Mob Grill, they had been operating out of a place in Bethany on my way home with Metro Mini Donuts and I loved it, probably had it too many times. If you haven't had them recently, they now use the same buns that La Baguette uses for their burgers, definitely an upgrade for MOB Grill. I hope this brings more success to them, and I will love having a permanent location to go to, even though it is no longer on my way home.

25. Default Re: Parlor OKC

Finally tried the Detroit style pizza this week. So delicious! I felt hungover the next day, however. Perhaps a self-control issue because I ate 80% of it.
    I've said it multiple times, but even though I prefer thin crust / NY style the Detroit style there is so great. I've only ever eaten, at most, half of one and that is plenty so I can only imagine eating that much.

Thread Information