Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Parlor OKC

Default Re: Parlor OKC

WOW! Went for lunch today, and this place is BADASS! Walking distance from my office, so It will probably be a mainstay in my rotation. So many good options, and everything that everyone got around me looked excellent. I had no intentions of getting Pizza, but made the mistake of seeing some of the stuff people were ordering from Providence and got suckered in. I picked the "Motor City" Red Top Detroit style pizza. (And I have zero reservatons saying, it was the best pizza I've ever had.) Better than anything in Chicago or NY. I may never get anything else ever. I am so in love with this pizza!

Either way, Parlor OKC is an Absolute HOMERUN!!!

*My only real "complaint" or dissatisfaction, was that the volume level of the music was REAL LOUD! You couldn't talk to the person seated next to you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	15584

This place is awesome. Went to the soft opening on Monday and tried the rice cake at Sura. It had a great flavor and spice. Excited to go back and try the other concepts.

My family and I went last night. Apparently they have been open since Sunday (but closed on Monday for the holiday). We loved this place so much. The food was great and not quite as expensive as The Collective. The restaurants are on two levels so it appears that there is more room. There is also a bar on both levels. There is also a very lovely patio upstairs. There is plenty of parking on the north side of the building but I am not sure if that is reserved for the valet or not since we walked and did not have to deal with parking. I really like The Collective but decided we like the Parlor a bit better. I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks.

I also enjoyed the layout of the parlor better. I've only been to mother clucker, and the prices seem on par with a few places at the collective.

We went last night and really enjoyed it. It's a different feel than Collective, we couldn't put our finger on exactly what it was but I think that both will be able to coexist well. I'm a thin crust pizza fan, but that Motor City is one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

Anyone hit the Parlor for late night drinks this weekend? Interested in hearing about the vibe and the crowds.

I went today about 11:30 and the parking was completely full with plenty of people parking on the street, and the place inside was not even 1/2 capacity although it was rapidly filling when I left.

They have a really good sound system inside and out and were playing music videos on the TV screens, interesting because the NFL was kicking off while I was there and it stayed on music. But I really liked the effect and I look forward to going back in the evening and checking the bar scene.

They also had bar servers assigned to every section including the patios. The server told me that you can move freely inside and outside and the new zone server will merely transfer your tab.

I had the Fried Kimchi Rice with spicy pork from Sura Eats. LOVED it, although the meat could have had more flavor. They have a sweet/spicy chili sauce (in the small cup below) that was fantastic.

I may like the food offerings here better than The Collective. But in any case, there is room for both these places, which each spent a ton of money and did things right.

Also, here they have metal utensils and I don't think they give you a tray like they do at The Collective. Trays are convenient but IMO they are too mall-food-court-come-high-school-cafeteria in the vibe.

That looks delicious!. I kinda dig that it stayed on music some of us don't enjoy when every restaurant in the city turns into a sports bar. went to neds starlight on Saturday and quickly noted that I don't want to go there during an OU game.

I feel like people are totally sleeping on Parlor OKC because all the attention has been on The Collective the past few weeks. After visiting Parlor yesterday, I feel like I actually may like the food options and atmosphere of Parlor over The Collective. I had Pachinko Parlor and the Hot Chicken place and both were excellent.

Although it was packed, seating seemed plentiful and the rooftop patio is gorgeous. All the staff I came into contact with were great as well. What a time to be in OKC with so many options!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Thanks for getting me hyped for other places.

I too had a wonderful experience this past weekend. Got there around 11:15 on Saturday and it was perfect timing, as there were hardly any lines and people started filing in by the time we left. I desperately wanted to try the pizza but went to Pachinko instead for nostalgia and to chat with an old friend working there; it was fantastic. We also ordered the Pepian De Pollo at El Guate and it was quite good as well, albeit over-priced at $13.

We were very impressed with the build-out and can't wait to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    I feel like people are totally sleeping on Parlor OKC because all the attention has been on The Collective the past few weeks. After visiting Parlor yesterday, I feel like I actually may like the food options and atmosphere of Parlor over The Collective. I had Pachinko Parlor and the Hot Chicken place and both were excellent.

Although it was packed, seating seemed plentiful and the rooftop patio is gorgeous. All the staff I came into contact with were great as well. What a time to be in OKC with so many options!
    I also think the restaurants at Parlor will have better chance of success. Much better rent structure, you get to sell your own soft drinks and only compete with 5 other kitchens, not 10. I suspect there'll be some turnover soon at the collective, but Im sure they'll always find someone who has a food idea and a dream to step in.

Had lunch today at Mother Clucker; ordered the sandwich that also has red cabbage slaw and their sauce plus pickles.

Hard to tell from the photo but it was MASSIVE. Glad I didn't order any sides and I shouldn't have eaten that whole thing but it was too good not to finish.

It was fantastic. Crisp on the outside, tender and juicy meat and I loved everything else on the sandwich.

I chose "Mother Clucker/Inferno" heat but it wasn't that spicy. There are two more levels above so I will go up one next time.

Was busy but not crazy so.

14. Default Re: Parlor OKC

I went last night. The build out was great. Two bars and plenty of seating. The two kitchens I tried were not that good. I'll go back and try some of the other kitchens, but I won't be in a big hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Had lunch today at Mother Clucker; ordered the sandwich that also has red cabbage slaw and their sauce plus pickles.

Hard to tell from the photo but it was MASSIVE. Glad I didn't order any sides and I shouldn't have eaten that whole thing but it was too good not to finish.

It was fantastic. Crisp on the outside, tender and juicy meat and I loved everything else on the sandwich.

I chose "Mother Clucker/Inferno" heat but it wasn't that spicy. There are two more levels above so I will go up one next time.

Was busy but not crazy so.

Good to know. I was at medium and barely noticed it. I'll skip over this level too. Have you been to "Chicken and the wolf" at Mother road in Tulsa?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Good to know. I was at medium and barely noticed it. I'll skip over this level too. Have you been to "Chicken and the wolf" at Mother road in Tulsa?
    Right around the corner from Chicken and the Wolf is an excellent artisan bread and pastry operation, Bakeshop, really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Right around the corner from Chicken and the Wolf is an excellent artisan bread and pastry operation, Bakeshop, really good!
    Noted.

Blog Entries

Noted.
    The Croissants were excellent the next morning reheated at 200 for 10
    minutes
    See this Instagram post by @bakeshoptulsa

Been to the Parlor twice now; on the positive side is Providence Pizzeria; I had the Motor City, which is Detroit Style Pizza. It was incredible and included dollops of ricotta that melted over the pizza over time. Some of the best pizza I've had in these parts. On the negative side is Mother Clucker, which labels itself "True Nashville Hot Chicken". I had that along with my wife and kids and we all agreed it was not the best. The breading was grainy and a bit hard, not really crispy. The overall flavor was meh, I will choose Nashbird over this place next time I want chicken.

I think the Parlor has a great set up and a lot of potential. I'm sure I will be back to try some of the other offerings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Providence.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	15595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mother_Clucker.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	4.61 MB 
ID:	15596  

My Insiders have been telling me that Pachinko Kommissar is easily the best kitchen at The Parlor, but most folks end up settling for the chicken joint because it is the "safe" option.

'Tis a Shame!

We've been twice to the Parlor.. Mixed reviews. Venue is really nice. Parking is easy and it's easily accessible. Mostly the food is good but the prices are pretty high for what you get. It could be a once in a while thing but not a regular thing for us, at least for now.

I went just to have drinks last night around 7PM (a Wednesday) and they were quite busy.

Lots of people parking on the empty lots to the east and on the street.

I had been at The Collective just before which was also busy. Looks like there will be room for both.

For whatever reason I thought you had cluck yeah. I had the mother clucker, and I noticed it was there.

Went today and had some chicken strips and fries at Motherclucker. I thought the food was good and I liked the space a lot, but $18 is pretty expensive to me.

Have been twice now. First time for lunch and got Motherclucker. Agree that it was tasty, but expensive. Took friends from Dallas there on Saturday night and I got the kimchi fried rice with spicy pork. Wowowowow was it good. Everyone had a great time and really enjoyed their dinner. Bars were great, I especially like that their standard cocktails are on tap, so you don't have to wait forever for a freshly made one (and I didn't think that diminished the drink either). I haven't been to Collective yet but we really like Parlor.

Thread Information