Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Soup

  1. #1

    Default Soup

    I want more soup in my life this winter.

    Will you share your favorite homemade soup recipe or at least recommend your favorite one to order out here locally? We all will be better for it this winter. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Soup

    At Sprouts they have mixes. I like the Chicken Enchilada mix. All you do is add shredded chicken and chicken broth, although I usually add some black beans.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Soup

    The spicy chicken soup at Taste of Korea is amazing. Anything at Pho Cuong is great. Sheesh Mahal has a whole bunch of excellent curries.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Soup

    Spicy galbi soup at Taste of Korea is also great.

  5. Default Re: Soup

    It's nothing special as far as recipes go but I occasionally get a craving for the Cream of Mushroom at Gopuram.

    Also can't go wrong with any of the pho restaurants around town.

    Also the chicken noodle at Don's Alley in Del City.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Soup

    ND foods usually has a good selection of soups.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Soup

    I am a good cook and I feel I have to say that because this recipe is a fav or anyone who I give it to. and its simple and is embarrassing to share when you can indeed cook. It requires no skill.
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans ROtel
    2 cans Chicken broth
    2 cans Minestrone soup
    1 jar Cheez WHiz
    boiled chicken breast shredded
    Boil some chicken and shred it. IN a pot add all ingredients but cheez and chicken and get it good and hot. Add chicken and cheese whiz.. after cheez is melted..you are done.. its delicious.. can serve with some tortilla chips if you wish.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,631
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Soup

    Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    ND foods usually has a good selection of soups.
    I second ND Foods and also Johnnies has a good veggie soup. They also have chicken noodle but have not tried it.

  9. Default Re: Soup

    Don't know if this qualifies as a soup or a stew, but it's one of our favorite comfort foods during the cold months and it couldn't be simpler.

    Ingredients:
    1 lb. of lean hamburger (we've also used ground turkey and it's just as good).
    1 onion diced
    1 seeded and diced Jalapeno pepper (optional)
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can of corn
    2 cans of stewed tomatoes
    1 can of "Mexican" stewed tomatoes
    1 can beef broth
    1 pkg of powered ranch dressing mix
    1 pkg of taco seasoning

    Begin cooking onion and jalapeno to soften, then add hamburger meat and cook until browned, then drain. Put all ingredients in a large pot and cook nearly to boiling, then lower the heat to simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes. Serve with a side of corn bread and your choice of hot sauce (Cholula or Frank's Red Hot do it for me).

  10. Default Re: Soup

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I am a good cook and I feel I have to say that because this recipe is a fav or anyone who I give it to. and its simple and is embarrassing to share when you can indeed cook. It requires no skill.
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans ROtel
    2 cans Chicken broth
    2 cans Minestrone soup
    1 jar Cheez WHiz
    boiled chicken breast shredded
    Boil some chicken and shred it. IN a pot add all ingredients but cheez and chicken and get it good and hot. Add chicken and cheese whiz.. after cheez is melted..you are done.. its delicious.. can serve with some tortilla chips if you wish.
    Dang, that sounds pretty good. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks!

  11. Default Re: Soup

    Vegetable Beef Soup

    1 lb. stew meat (chuck), cubed
    4 c. beef stock
    2 c. water
    1 T. vegetable oil
    1 t. salt
    1/2 t. pepper
    1 1/2 t. fresh marjoram leaves, chopped (or 1/2 t. dried)
    1 1/2 t. fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 t. dried)
    2 T. celery leaves, chopped
    2 bay leaves
    1 T. Worcestershire sauce
    2 c. cabbage, chopped
    2 c. tomatoes, chopped
    1 c. carrots, sliced
    1 c. onion, chopped
    1 c. green pepper, chopped
    1 c. green beans
    2/3 c. celery, chopped
    2 c. potatoes, diced

    Brown meat in oil in Dutch oven. Stir in stock, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, marjoram. Cover and simmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 mins - 2 hours or until carrots are tender. Remove bay leaves and serve.

  12. Default Re: Soup

    Chili

    2 T. vegetable oil
    2 medium onions, finely chopped
    2 medium red bell peppers, dice into 1/2" pieces
    3 lbs. ground beef
    4 15 oz. cans chili hot beans, not drained or rinsed (we use Brooks brand)
    28 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
    28 oz. can tomato puree
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    5 T. chili powder
    1 T. ground cumin
    2 t. ground coriander
    1 t. red pepper flakes
    1 t. dried oregano
    1/2 t. ground cayenne pepper
    1/2 t. salt

    Heat oil in large pan/Dutch oven/skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add all spices, onion, and pepper, saute until softened and browned a little (10 min). Add half the beef, brown it, add the rest and brown it too. Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and simmer for 1 hour (or until desired consistency), stirring occasionally.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Soup

    great, especially if you are keto'n it up!


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baconcheeseburgersoup.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	15013

    https://www.ruled.me/bacon-cheeseburger-soup/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,470
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Soup

    Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    At Sprouts they have mixes. I like the Chicken Enchilada mix. All you do is add shredded chicken and chicken broth, although I usually add some black beans.
    They have hot soup at the soup stand. Ask them at the deli station and they will sell you full pouches of the soup to take home. Sometimes the soup at the stand gets skimmed for the good stuff because you ladel it into your own container. But the pouch has all the good stuff in the right proportions.its also cheaper in the pouch.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Soup

    Don't hear meany speak of it, but the cream of mushroom soup at Paseo Grill is beyond incredibly good. A former chef there told me how to make it. I can't remember much of it, but it was really complicated and labor intensive. Worth every penny.

  16. Default Re: Soup

    Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    Don't hear meany speak of it, but the cream of mushroom soup at Paseo Grill is beyond incredibly good. A former chef there told me how to make it. I can't remember much of it, but it was really complicated and labor intensive. Worth every penny.
    Have had that soup and agree it is very good.... Then again I haven't had anything at Paseo Grill that wasn't good.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Soup

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Don't know if this qualifies as a soup or a stew, but it's one of our favorite comfort foods during the cold months and it couldn't be simpler.

    Ingredients:
    1 lb. of lean hamburger (we've also used ground turkey and it's just as good).
    1 onion diced
    1 seeded and diced Jalapeno pepper (optional)
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can of corn
    2 cans of stewed tomatoes
    1 can of "Mexican" stewed tomatoes
    1 can beef broth
    1 pkg of powered ranch dressing mix
    1 pkg of taco seasoning

    Begin cooking onion and jalapeno to soften, then add hamburger meat and cook until browned, then drain. Put all ingredients in a large pot and cook nearly to boiling, then lower the heat to simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes. Serve with a side of corn bread and your choice of hot sauce (Cholula or Frank's Red Hot do it for me).
    I made this this afternoon. Good stuff! Letting it simmer a bit to thicken and break down the tomatoes a some more. Reminds me of a Boy Scout favorite from the 1970's called Gerst Chili (The Gerst Family had been involved in that troop for nearly fifty years) from when we had winter camping trips. You've got the basic framework here, but the cook was free to "personalize" his batch, so it was rarely exactly the same.
    Already thinking about embellishments for the next batch.
    Last edited by Paseofreak; 11-13-2018 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo

  18. Default Re: Soup

    I really like clam chowder and Panera's is really good. I buy a quart and freeze it in eight ounce containers.
    C. T.

  19. Default Re: Soup

    Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    I made this this afternoon. Good stuff! Letting it simmer a bit to thicken and break down the tomatoes a some more. Reminds me of a Boy Scout favorite from the 1970's called Gerst Chili (The Gerst Family had been involved in that troop for nearly fifty years) from when we had winter camping trips. You've got the basic framework here, but the cook was free to "personalize" his batch, so it was rarely exactly the same.
    Already thinking about embellishments for the next batch.
    Glad you like it. I understand about the longer simmering, but if you're in a hurry, it's not bad either. My favorite is having the leftovers the next day. I think it's even better then.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Soup

    The chili recipe in my grandmother's Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (the red and white checkered cookbook. Every grandmother has one) never fails.
    The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

  21. Default Re: Soup

    Our favorite "going out" winter meal in the winter is Pho (from any one of the many restaurants in town) and ramen from Tamashii Ramen downtown OKC (and soon to be Edmond).

    As for making soup - sorry, I don't know any recipes off-hand, but ever since the wife discovered the Instant Pot, she has been a soup and chili making maniac. The Instant Pot is incredible in how fast you can make really good homemade soups that used to take all day.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Soup

    I dunno, maybe if I tried it I'd join the religion surrounding it too, but I'm a bit dubious of the Instant Pot when it comes to soups, stews, and chilis. One of the ingredients to all three of these is time. Are there some soups that can be made quickly? Sure. Are there some chilis? Eh, maybe, but none I'd want to eat. Stews? It's right there in the name, it needs to stew. Instant Pot? No thanks, pass the slow cooker.

  23. Default Re: Soup

    Lunch yesterday at Pho Lien Hoa...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5298.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	15015

  24. #24

    Default Re: Soup

    All of these recipes can be done in a slow cooker, right?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Soup

    I haven't been in several years but Rudys had/has a green chili stew that was perfect for cold weather.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where to Buy Cugino's Soup Mixes?
    By cindycat in forum Retail & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
  2. Thai Soup Questions
    By RadicalModerate in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 08:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO