Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soup

Default Re: Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    All of these recipes can be done in a slow cooker, right?
    We don't do our recipes in a slow cooker, but they may be translatable to that, you'd have to figure out your own timing....

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Lunch yesterday at Pho Lien Hoa...

Attachment 15015
    What is it?

3. Default Re: Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    What is it?
    P10 (lean brisket, crunchy flank) add meatballs.

My all time favorite soup is chicken tortilla soup. I am a big fan of Charleston's and Red Rock. In a pinch Uptown Grocer is pretty decent if you get it fresh. Does anyone else have any chicken tortilla soup suggestions?

5. Default Re: Soup

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I dunno, maybe if I tried it I'd join the religion surrounding it too, but I'm a bit dubious of the Instant Pot when it comes to soups, stews, and chilis. One of the ingredients to all three of these is time. Are there some soups that can be made quickly? Sure. Are there some chilis? Eh, maybe, but none I'd want to eat. Stews? It's right there in the name, it needs to stew. Instant Pot? No thanks, pass the slow cooker.
    The moment the wife proved you could make an incredible pot roast with all the veggies and do it in an Instant Pot in a hour - I was sold. Tasted as good or better than a pot roast that slow cooked for 8 hours. Best part is she could put it on a 5pm and we were heating by 6pm. As for soups and chilis - incredible. The pressure takes the place of the time.

6. Default Re: Soup

I don't really get the fervor over the Instant Pot. I already have an electric pressure cooker. It's great and I would recommend one to anyone, but what does the Instant Pot do that's so special? I'm guessing it's just a trendy brand of electric pressure cooker.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I don't really get the fervor over the Instant Pot. I already have an electric pressure cooker. It's great and I would recommend one to anyone, but what does the Instant Pot do that's so special? I'm guessing it's just a trendy brand of electric pressure cooker.
    For those of us that can't cook, the rice button, brown rice, beans, and even more that I can't name make it so much easier.
    C. T.

8. Default Re: Soup

My wife grew up in New Mexico, so we are big fans of the Green Chile Kitchen in Yukon. There, we often get the green chile stew. It comes as a cup ($6) or a bowl ($10). The "cup" size is actually a decent-sized bowl, so it can be a meal in itself, especially if you have my minimal restraint when it comes to the chips & queso. You can add chicken or pork if you wish (I love the flavor of the pork). It is particularly satisfying on a cold evening.

Thread Information