Widgets Magazine

Thread: Butchers q

Default Butchers q

KFOR had a piece on the noon news about this business. Worth mentioning that they won the 2018 Jack Daniel's World Championship last month. Props to what is arguably the best this state offers.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Butchers q

Got a mention in the Oklahoman food section yesterday as well. It's very good. We could debate "best" but I've been out there about 3 times and good experiences every time.

3. Default Re: Butchers q

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    KFOR had a piece on the noon news about this business. Worth mentioning that they won the 2018 Jack Daniel's World Championship last month. Props to what is arguably the best this state offers.
    Considering their competition products are used by a lot of teams on the circuit and they use that same product on the meat they serve in Wellston.... Their product is not an exact duplicate of competition BBQ but it is about as close as you can get without becoming a certified judge.

I have enjoyed Butcher's a couple of times and it's pretty good, but Burn Co. in Tulsa might be a little better.
    C. T.

5. Default Re: Butchers q

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    I have enjoyed Butcher's a couple of times and it's pretty good, but Burn Co. in Tulsa might be a little better.
    C. T.
    I really like BurnCo but I think it's because they cook with charcoal like I do... So their flavor profile is very similar to what I cook.

SuperMercado EL Rodeo across from Jimmy's round up... I get a pound of their Barbacoa... in the morning, throw
    it in a pan w/ some butter..get it nice and barkey, then put it in an omlette... tastes as good as any of this stuff
    and for a micro fraction of the price!!!

Somebody asked me if Butcher's in Wellston is connected Butcher's in Chandler. The one in Chandler appears to only sell Barbecue products. Anybody know if they are connected?
    C. T.

Butcher BBQ Stand is enclosing their dining area

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBC-BzB...=1b79p3bicjdhq

And since you revived this thread, let me answer my own question. The owner of Butchers in Chandler is the father of the one in Wellston.
    C. T.

We finally got brave enough to take our 5 month old and ventured here today. I've been wanting to try for awhile. My wifes parents go occasionally and really like it. We got a meat locker with all the meats except burnt ends and also got a 1/2 lb of those to try. Everything was very good- I can see why everyone loves it. We will definitely go back- the Redneck Nachos looked great but we had already ordered way too much food.

Thread Information